As soon as the game starts you spawn literally next to the other team and will continue to do so until the game ends. It's a mess...
As soon as the game starts you spawn literally next to the other team and will continue to do so until the game ends. It's a mess...
That is how Halo CE is, the first spawn is always random and after that you spawn by a teammate, unless it’s CTF. In CTF you spawn at your base either red or blue.
The point of MCC is to be faithful to the original. That’s how CE works and a lot of us love that. CE is chaos. Spawning in the middle of a gunfight and I loading all your grenades and both weapons all while trying to circle strafe to cover is a thrill. Just try to get two kills in the few seconds it takes you to go down.

This is a situation where mastery of the button combos is a huge advantage. You never want to have to reload your weapon, so make sure you’re backpack reloading, and a double melee is an instant kill even against a fully shielded Spartan.
It has been like this in the original release of Halo: CE (including Halo 2 if you're wondering) since its launch.

If I have to put my opinion on this, it gives me a new perspective on how to play in Halo multiplayer. Now I have to be cautious of my surroundings as the enemy may spawn literally right next to me coupled that they disabled the motion tracker.
I like the fact that you spawn by teammates, rather than at a random place. Sure, the first spawn might be crazy but after that it's all up to your mates and their movement decisions. Moreover, as someone said that only happens in Slayer based gametypes; in CTF, for instance, you spawn in your own base.

But, one feature really needs to be fixed: it's annoying to betray or to be betrayed because a vehicle "touched" you... Either decrease their damage output or remove some of them until they're not an issue anymore.
Yeah, it's no glitch. Team Slayer in Halo: CE and Halo 2: Classic has always been weird with spawns.
Halo 2 Team Slayer really started with random spawns back in the day?
Wait wrote:
Not random spawns throughout the game, but mostly random initial spawns at the very beginning of the match.
CE spawns are very predictable. Essentially there is some radius extending from each player, and if there is a spawn point within the region bounded by that radius, you can spawn in that location. In 2v2, this is easily controlled by your partner, but in 8v8, you can spawn by any of your seven teammates (which is often in a spot where they are congregated, often getting shot).

The spawns don't need to be fixed. It's the job of your teammates to get out of -Yoink- areas and to give favorable spawns. This is basic knowledge in the same way that your teammate having a mediocre pistol shot is a basic expectation. Now, obviously if you're searching solo, you're going to get lower skilled teammates, but that is something you should expect going in. If you're still kind of new, you can always shoot me a message and I'll invite you to my 8v8 CE lobby the next time I'm on.
I love the chaos at the start of the CE match. The spasms are a hot mess, but it’s part of the fun.
Uuv wrote:
Wait wrote:
Not random spawns throughout the game, but mostly random initial spawns at the very beginning of the match.
on the original Xbox, really? wow. i knew it was like this on MCC last I played but I thought it was an error, thanks for informing me anyway.
Thats the CE respawn system since the OG 2001 version. If they fix it, it wont be true to the original. Its like saying "fix the CE pistol, its too OP". If they do it, the pistol wll lose its reputation of being a deadly weapon
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo CE has a lot of spawn kill
Halo CE has a lot of spawn kill
I would recommended selecting CTF then since you always spawn at your base in when you die. Mayhem under the action sack playlist for CE is chaos in a good way and with the smaller maps it’s generally a lot less harder to spawn camp.

Also since this is about CE BTB let’s get some Multi CTF Assault as well. You can keep the settings for CTF already in BTB but change it to Assault where you take your flag to the enemy base and score. Postums?