Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Challenges and XP Payout information

OP JB Linken

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
According to April 2020's MCC Development Update

Quote:
...we are releasing an early version of our challenges feature. This preview of the challenges feature is designed to meet one specific goal: granting players XP for completing campaign missions. Each week, the first campaign mission a player completes on each difficulty in each game in MCC will grant XP. Difficulties stack, so completing a mission on Normal will also complete that game’s Easy challenge and so on. Upon completing these challenges, a notification will appear, and the player will receive XP payouts tuned to the difficulty they played on. Each Wednesday at 10 AM, in conjunction with the weekly matchmaking update, players’ challenges will be refreshed. These challenges can be completed in campaign or campaign playlists.

In a future MCC update, the full challenges feature will be released. This will include a much broader suite of challenges which reward players (with XP, Season Points, and unique unlocks) for engaging with game modes and content across MCC in different ways. Challenges will be displayed to players via the Challenge Hub screen which we shared a mockup of in our previous MCC Development Update.
I wanted to make this post to confirm that for the time being, the only challenges in MCC are for completing a campaign mission from each Halo game on each difficulty (with difficulties stacking.) There is no in game menu option to track challenges at this time.

XP Payout Information:

You are able to earn 55,000 XP for first time completion of one campaign mission per Halo game per week. You must play on Legendary to receive the total 55,000 XP at once as all the difficulties are then completed.

XP can be earned in all 6 of the Halo MCC titles on Xbox One, which means you can earn 330,000 XP per week from the campaign.

Test info below:
Spoiler:
Show
Edit: According to the KBA on Challenges, we can check the Message of the Day to check the week’s current challenges. Does this mean next week we could see challenges that differ from campaign mission completion?
Does Reaches lone wolf count as a level beaten on legendary?
Foombles wrote:
No
Foombles wrote:
Nope, just tried.
I completed a mission on Legendary and ranked up. However, I didn't get any Season Points. I only got it after a Firefight game on dedicated servers (Although I highly believe it's also possible after a Multiplayer game). Nothing too special, I simply completed the game and got it out of nowhere. I don't know how I can get this to 343i, but I don't think this should be ignored.
I completed a mission on Legendary and ranked up. However, I didn't get any Season Points. I only got it after a Firefight game on dedicated servers (Although I highly believe it's also possible after a Multiplayer game). Nothing too special, I simply completed the game and got it out of nowhere. I don't know how I can get this to 343i, but I don't think this should be ignored.
Do you still have items to unlock?
JB Linken wrote:
Do you still have items to unlock?
Yes. Currently in the 8th tier of items and my next item is the Recon helmet with the HUL attachment. Haven't been playing often because of the latency issues plaguing pretty much every server, even West Europe which is the closest to me.
Woohoo....okay we're making progress! I know this sounds dumb but I couldn't care less about Halo 2 on PC, but I'm eagerly awaiting with baited breath the challenges. Despite not having full tracking integration, this is a start!

Question - will I earn xp after completing levels via the playlists?

Edit - nevermind I read the link - "These challenges can be completed in campaign or campaign playlists" I'm so excited for this.
File a ticket on halo support.
I tested the XP rewards for every difficulty on the Halo Reach campaign on PC and have video proof to back up what I'm saying.

Easy Rewards - 5,000 XP

Normal Rewards - 10,000 XP

Heroic Rewards - 15,000 XP

Legendary Rewards - 25,000 XP

So the total XP rewards for one campaign is 55,000 XP. On Xbox with the 6 Campaigns, that means you can get a total of 330,000 XP. On PC with only 3 campaigns, you can get a total of 165,000 XP

I'm not understanding where you're getting extra XP for the first time completion because I ran through every difficulty separately and got no extra XP. I was playing on a fresh account that had never played campaign before.
ScotrikOG wrote:
I tested the XP rewards for every difficulty on the Halo Reach campaign on PC and have video proof to back up what I'm saying.

Easy Rewards - 5,000 XP

Heroic Rewards - 25,000 XP

Legendary Rewards - 25,000 XP.... yes the exact same amount as Heroic.

So the total XP rewards for one campaign is 65,000 XP. On Xbox with the 6 Campaigns, that means you can get a total of 390,000 XP. On PC with only 3 campaigns, you can get a total of 195,000 XP

I'm not understanding where you're getting extra XP for the first time completion because I ran through every difficulty separately and got no extra XP. I was playing on a fresh account that had never played campaign before.
Thank you for doing this! This was a test I planned to do next week.

I was not saying you get extra for first time completion, just that you can earn it all per Halo game on your first mission completion.

It's odd I got 55,000 XP and you 65,000 XP. I wonder if our ranks influence the amount XP we get..?

I was at 11,130,975 XP and after completing Halo 2's Outskirts on Legendary my XP displayed 11,185,975 (11,185,975 - 11,130,975 = 55,000 XP)
Then from this 11,185,975 point, I completed Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve on Legendary and my XP then displayed 11,240,975 (11,240,975 - 11,185,975 = 55,000 XP)

I wonder if there is a bug that is causing the discrepancy from playing a mission on Legendary the first time versus playing each difficulty separately.
JB Linken wrote:
ScotrikOG wrote:

Easy Rewards - 5,000 XP

So the total XP rewards for one campaign is 65,000 XP. On Xbox with the 6 Campaigns, that means you can get a total of 390,000 XP. On PC with only 3 campaigns, you can get a total of 195,000 XP

I was not saying you get extra for first time completion, just that you can earn it all per Halo game on your first mission completion.

It's odd I got 55,000 XP and you 65,000 XP. I wonder if our ranks influence the amount XP we get..?

I was at 11,130,975 XP and after completing Halo 2's Outskirts on Legendary my XP displayed 11,185,975 (11,185,975 - 11,130,975 = 55,000 XP)
Then from this 11,185,975 point, I completed Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve on Legendary and my XP then displayed 11,240,975 (11,240,975 - 11,185,975 = 55,000 XP)

I wonder if there is a bug that is causing the discrepancy from playing a mission on Legendary the first time versus playing each difficulty separately.
I realized I made an error on the Heroic XP rewards and updated my original comment. The mistake you're making is that if you complete Legendary first, it gives you the rewards for every difficulty. Rank does not effect the rewards because I tested it on 2 accounts. My main account has 78 Million XP, and the other account had around 50K
ScotrikOG wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
ScotrikOG wrote:

Easy Rewards - 5,000 XP

I realized I made an error on the Heroic XP rewards and updated my original comment. The mistake you're making is that if you complete Legendary first, it gives you the rewards for every difficulty. Rank does not effect the rewards because I tested it on 2 accounts. My main account has 78 Million XP, and the other account had around 50K
Are you saying that it does not reward the XP for every difficulty if you complete it on Legendary as your first mission completion of the week? I don't think that is correct.

I ask this, because I've only played on Legendary and received the full 55,000 XP with a single mission completion. This means that I have received the full 55,000 XP which is the total reward for all difficulties.

Additionally, from April 2020's MCC Development Update.
Quote:
Each week, the first campaign mission a player completes on each difficulty in each game in MCC will grant XP. Difficulties stack, so completing a mission on Normal will also complete that game’s Easy challenge and so on.
this is false, you only get the exp the first time you complete 1 mission in legendary, not for every halo.
Complete Nightfall and the message appears on the right side to complete the challenges.
Complete Halo 2's Outskirts , Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve, and in none I received EXP again
Ies Deux wrote:
this is false, you only get the exp the first time you complete 1 mission in legendary, not for every halo.
Complete Nightfall and the message appears on the right side to complete the challenges.
Complete Halo 2's Outskirts , Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve, and in none I received EXP again
I have completed Halo 2's Outskirts, Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve, and Halo: Reach's Nightfall all on Legendary and I have received XP for each game (so a total of 165,000 XP earned this week.)

It is not false, there must be a bug. I suggest trying a different level, as I saw another user state they were not getting credit for a Halo: CE mission, but when they completed The Pillar of Autumn they did receive credit.

If you continue to experience any problems please submit a Halo Support ticket.
Just tried uplift reserve...twice now. No XP boost, no pop. But got it on keyes on CE on normal right before. Weird. Must be day 1 glitches.
If you're not getting it to pop, try quitting MCC, restarting and then trying the level again.
Ies Deux wrote:
It is not false, I have completed

Halo Reach : Nightfall
H CE: The Pillar of Autumn
H2: Outskirts,
H3: FloodGate
H3 ODST: Uplift Reserve
H4: shutdown

in all received EXP.
JB Linken wrote:
ScotrikOG wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
ScotrikOG wrote:

Easy Rewards - 5,000 XP

Are you saying that it does not reward the XP for every difficulty if you complete it on Legendary as your first mission completion of the week? I don't think that is correct.

I ask this, because I've only played on Legendary and received the full 55,000 XP with a single mission completion. This means that I have received the full 55,000 XP which is the total reward for all difficulties.

Additionally, from April 2020's MCC Development Update.
Quote:
Each week, the first campaign mission a player completes on each difficulty in each game in MCC will grant XP. Difficulties stack, so completing a mission on Normal will also complete that game’s Easy challenge and so on.
Not what i'm saying at all. Your post is very misleading.

"You earn 55,000 XP for first time Legendary completion of one campaign mission per Halo game." The way you said that implies you get 55,000 XP just for completing a Legendary mission, which is not true.
Ies Deux wrote:
It is not false, I have completed

Halo Reach : Nightfall
H CE: The Pillar of Autumn
H2: Outskirts,
H3: FloodGate
H3 ODST: Uplift Reserve
H4: shutdown

in all received EXP.
The missions seem to be random, but I'm not sure since you completed the same as OP. I can say from my experience, that I got nothing out of those missions. I got Crs for completing Winter Contingency right away, so that game was immediately scratched. When I got to Halo CE, I attempted Pillar of Autumn and 343GS since I find those the easiest on Legendary, to get it over with. None of them worked, but after a Playthrough on Easy in Halo, I found out that was the mission that would reward me, and I'm now playing through it on Legendary.
I tried Outskirts in Halo 2 on Normal, but it didn't work, and I'm yet to find out which missions actually rewards me, as is for the rest of the Halo games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5