Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Challenges and XP Payout information

OP JB Linken

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I'm a little confused. So even though I previously beat every mission, I still get XP for doing the "first" time once a week?
I'm a little confused. So even though I previously beat every mission, I still get XP for doing the "first" time once a week?
No... Right now is the challenges preview you can gain some XP for one mission at each difficulty level per game. They do stack so if you finish one mission on legendary you will gain 55000 xp as it completes normal and heroic as well. Then if you want more xp you will have to play another game. I did the first mission on each game to complete them all. The challenges reset every Wednesday. Hopefully the full challenges will be released soon.
LethalQ wrote:
No... Right now is the challenges preview you can gain some XP for one mission at each difficulty level per game. They do stack so if you finish one mission on legendary you will gain 55000 xp as it completes normal and heroic as well. Then if you want more xp you will have to play another game. I did the first mission on each game to complete them all. The challenges reset every Wednesday. Hopefully the full challenges will be released soon.
Thanks!
LethalQ wrote:
Thanks!
No problem... It is easily confusing since they rolled out this preview with no way to see or check in game. Super lame but I guess they wanted to give us something.
If anyone is running into the issue of completing a missing and not seeing the notifications of doing the challenge simply close out of the game and rerun the mission. That's what has been working for me. Also, has anyone done spartan ops to see if it has its own xp reward?
Nathanual wrote:
If anyone is running into the issue of completing a missing and not seeing the notifications of doing the challenge simply close out of the game and rerun the mission. That's what has been working for me. Also, has anyone done spartan ops to see if it has its own xp reward?
So you're getting it to pop when you start the mission again...or you have to complete the mission a second time?
Reezick wrote:
Nathanual wrote:
So you're getting it to pop when you start the mission again...or you have to complete the mission a second time?
I had to redo the mission a second time after restarting the game and then it would pop.
So the challenges this week are the same as last eh?
Baskillisk wrote:
It appears that way.

I was able to complete Halo: CE's Pillar of Autumn, Halo 2's Outskirts, Halo 3's Floodgate, Halo: Reach's Nightfall, and Halo 4's Shutdown and received my 55k XP per Legendary completion.

I played Halo 3: ODST's Uplift reserve and did not receive my XP. I restarted my game as other's have mentioned in the the thread and played it again, however I did not receive my XP.

I plan to try one more time after playing a few multiplayer games with friends. If that does not work, I will play Tayari Plaza and hopefully get my XP, and I will report back here.

Edit: Completing Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve on Legendary successfully awarded me my XP for all difficulties. Hopefully it becomes more consistent in the future.
JB Linken wrote:
Baskillisk wrote:
It appears that way.

I was able to complete Halo: CE's Pillar of Autumn, Halo 2's Outskirts, Halo 3's Floodgate, Halo: Reach's Nightfall, and Halo 4's Shutdown and received my 55k XP per Legendary completion.

I played Halo 3: ODST's Uplift reserve and did not receive my XP. I restarted my game as other's have mentioned in the the thread and played it again, however I did not receive my XP.

I plan to try one more time after playing a few multiplayer games with friends. If that does not work, I will play Tayari Plaza and hopefully get my XP, and I will report back here.

Edit: Completing Halo 3: ODST's Uplift Reserve on Legendary successfully awarded me my XP for all difficulties. Hopefully it becomes more consistent in the future.
Thanks, I just realized after watching halo completionist's youtube channel how easy Floodgate is. I've mastered POA and Upflit reserve on legendary. Glad to add that one to my list.
Alright, so it may not work for everyone, but I had XP payouts on Heroic and Legendary on the following missions, but I'm sure it would work on all difficulties:
Halo: Reach: Winter Contingency
Halo: CEA: Pillar of Autumn
Halo 2: Anniversary: Cairo Station
Halo 3: Sierra 117
Halo 3: ODST: Tayara Plaza

Haven't done Halo 4. I hate the difficulty of that game. Will update when I get there.
It seems the problem is completely solved now, at least for me. Got the xp every time I completed a mission this week so far, even without points/time on
Lasagnagod wrote:
It seems the problem is completely solved now, at least for me. Got the xp every time I completed a mission this week so far, even without points/time on
I had 0 problems last week, but experienced an issue this week with one mission.

I'm hoping to see 0 problems next week and the week after that so I can see the consistent trend.
Lasagnagod wrote:
Yeah, I can imagine, but what mission would we be talking about, here and for what games?
Lasagnagod wrote:
Yeah, I can imagine, but what mission would we be talking about, here and for what games?
It's any mission you want... Last week I did the first mission on each game on legendary so it gave me all the xp in one play through....this week I did the second mission on each game on legendary.
LethalQ wrote:
Lasagnagod wrote:
It's any mission you want... Last week I did the first mission on each game on legendary so it gave me all the xp in one play through....this week I did the second mission on each game on legendary.
Would that also go for cross-game playlists and LASO?
Lasagnagod wrote:
If you want specifics, I played Winter Contingency for Reach, Floodgate for H3, Uplift Reserve For ODST and Dawn for H4 this week so far. All on legendary. I didn't specify because I haven't had any problems, so I assume I will get the xp now no matter which mission I play
LethalQ wrote:
Lasagnagod wrote:
Yeah, last week I got xp playing a croos-game playlist. And since I had some skulls on every time, I think it's safe to say that it goes for LASO as well
LethalQ wrote:
Lasagnagod wrote:
Right now you get xp for doing a mission in each game on each difficulty...so if you do a mission on legendary it awards you a total of 55,000 xp as it grants the xp for the lower difficulty as well. So if you want to do a mission on LASO you can but keep in mind just because LASO is tougher doesn't mean you get more xp...and it is only one mission per game per week.
Wait, so I only get XP for one mission, but it won't count if I did the half the game in one day, or even the whole game in that span of time? Huh... I'm waiting for the day they award XP and promotions when you do all of the missions, no matter what mission it is, or what game, and what difficulty, or the cross-game playlists.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5