Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Challenges losing progress.

OP Senketsu7

so I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing that our challenges are resetting their progress.
I've been getting this happen every time I leave the game. I had to redo the gold weapon skin challenges for the AR, Magnum, and sniper. I also have the game on PC and I don't have this issue there which is irritating because I still mostly play on xbox.
Senketsu7 wrote:
so I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing that our challenges are resetting their progress.
Yeah apparently when you turn your Xbox one challenges go back to zero....there is a thread for this... But some have said, if I recall correctly, if when you sign in to the game and your challenges reset if you dashboard quit and relaunch the game or it was sign out and sign back it they will revert... But if you start a game before that you will have to start from zero.... Now I haven't tested this theory myself but worth a try if it happens. I just haven't shut my Xbox off yet.
LethalQ wrote:
Senketsu7 wrote:
Yeah apparently when you turn your Xbox one challenges go back to zero....there is a thread for this... But some have said, if I recall correctly, if when you sign in to the game and your challenges reset if you dashboard quit and relaunch the game or it was sign out and sign back it they will revert... But if you start a game before that you will have to start from zero.... Now I haven't tested this theory myself but worth a try if it happens. I just haven't shut my Xbox off yet.
I've tried turning off the xbox (hard reset), re-signing in and doing the dashboard quit option and it's still is bugged for me. When I did log on this morning it was randomly fixed but when I got back on later the challenges broke again. Do you have a link to the thread by chance?
Most lost progress to Weekly & Seasonal challenges can be restored using this method.
Each time you open up the Challenge Hub and see that the progress has been reset, try signing out & back in while the game is still open.
Open up the Challenge Hub again, and the bar should be up to where it needs to be.
If you attempt to continue a challenge while it is still at 0, your progress on that challenge will be sent all the way back to the beginning once more, so don't do that.

Hope this helps!
Most lost progress to Weekly & Seasonal challenges can be restored using this method.
Each time you open up the Challenge Hub and see that the progress has been reset, try signing out & back in while the game is still open.
Open up the Challenge Hub again, and the bar should be up to where it needs to be.
If you attempt to continue a challenge while it is still at 0, your progress on that challenge will be sent all the way back to the beginning once more, so don't do that.

Hope this helps!
I have tried this with limited success. I should have the golden skin for the pistol and sniper by now. But it never re updated my progress.
Senketsu7 wrote:

Hope this helps!
I have tried this with limited success. I should have the golden skin for the pistol and sniper by now. But it never re updated my progress.
Dang. This method has worked for many other people, so there's still hope. Try again with a simpler approach. Open up the game before signing in, and then log in to your account at the MCC menu screen.
Senketsu7 wrote:

Hope this helps!
Dang. This method has worked for many other people, so there's still hope. Try again with a simpler approach. Open up the game before signing in, and then log in to your account at the MCC menu screen.
After a bit of trial and error, the signing in and out method worked for me but I did notice some challenges didn't get effected (which I assume is me accidentally starting it again and it full on resets) but I have had it happen once or twice a challenge just flat out didn't want to reset, but for the most part it worked for me.
Senketsu7 wrote:

Hope this helps!
After a bit of trial and error, the signing in and out method worked for me but I did notice some challenges didn't get effected (which I assume is me accidentally starting it again and it full on resets) but I have had it happen once or twice a challenge just flat out didn't want to reset, but for the most part it worked for me.
It is true that not all challenges are affected, but it is possible to get through each stubborn challenge if you dedicate a day to it. Glad you got some of it to work!
Me too .... It's very annoying, so how to do it for the seasons. impossible to complete the long challenges.
snickerdoodle Unyshek

Thanks 343 ;)
After launching MCC be sure to check your challenges first... If they have been reset tap the home button scroll over and sign your gamertag out... Then sign in again... This has been working for me. Be sure to do this first as if you play anything you will be permanently reset....
Closing this thread off as there is another active thread open already.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/every-challenge-resets-to-0-on-game-restart/62b371ba-e86e-4d2b-808e-2caea199f318/posts

Additionally I can note that 343 has marked this as a known issue that they are investigating
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039997432-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Known-Issues
Quote:
Challenges: The team is currently investigating player complaints around challenges and is working on a build update to address the following issues:
  • UI is displaying less progress than players have when rebooting the game.
  • Progress on Challenges is not transferring between Xbox One and PC.