Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Challenges update maybe live

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Looks like the challenges update maybe out.... There is a 24gig update available. I am on my not so great hotspot wifi at work so I paused the update for now till I get home from work. But can't wait to check these out. So glad we are getting the challenges back.
Yup it's live!

I've done some testing and can confirm that we can earn 55,000 XP per Halo game per week. If you complete your first mission on Legendary you will get all 4 difficulties completion credit, and with 6 MCC titles that adds up to 330,000 XP per week.

So far I've played a mission in Halo: Reach, Halo 2, and Halo 3: ODST this week. I look forward to when we will be able to view the challenges in game.
JB Linken wrote:
Yup it's live!

I've done some testing and can confirm that we can earn 55,000 XP per Halo game per week. If you complete your first mission on Legendary you will get all 4 difficulties completion credit, and with 6 MCC titles that adds up to 330,000 XP per week.

So far I've played a mission in Halo: Reach, Halo 2, and Halo 3: ODST this week. I look forward to when we will be able to view the challenges in game.
Sounds like a pretty good amount. Glad to see some extra incentive to play campaign stuff again.
I’m on Xbox, is there not a menu that shows the challenges? Updated the game right after update released, I’m not seeing a menu that shows them
Yeeeeeeeees finally the important challenges❤️❤️❤️❤️ dont really want to play with a good ping or what else, because we have the awasome challenges. Don't care about the East US servers every day. We have challenges❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
So did Xbox not get a challenge system if so how to access it.
This is just the initial rollout of the challenges and it says that playing campaign missions will grant xp (the higher the difficulty the higher the xp and it does stack).... So there may not be a menu of challenges. Their will be another update later to the challenges to make them more broad range.
I completed a level on all 6 games and got my 330k Xp. Feels nice earning Xp from campaign for sure. Did run into a bug where my CE completion didn’t count, had to play another level to get it to pop. (Did silent cartographer at first and then PoA worked)

I wonder when the weekly reset will be.
Lange wrote:
I completed a level on all 6 games and got my 330k Xp. Feels nice earning Xp from campaign for sure. Did run into a bug where my CE completion didn’t count, had to play another level to get it to pop. (Did silent cartographer at first and then PoA worked)

I wonder when the weekly reset will be.
Wednesday at 10 AM (likely next week). Although I’m not sure if that’s Pacific Time or not as it wasn’t specified in April’s MCC development update.
Quote:
Each Wednesday at 10 AM, in conjunction with the weekly matchmaking update, players’ challenges will be refreshed.
One thing that's bugging me with the challenges; is there a UI that shows me the challenges available?

I went on the PC port, and I wasn't able to find the challenges in the menu. It did give me XP when I completed Cairo Station on normal difficulty for the first time, but I can't find the user interface for the challenges available and ones completed.
So question.... could you theoretically just play the same level on legendary for each game over and over each week until they update this with more variety? Or will each week require a different level?

I could see all of us getting reallllllllly good at one legendary level on each game. What level did you all play through on each game on legendary to get this?
I dont see an option for it in the user interface, and its not in the message of the day. 🤷‍♂️
I dont see an option for it in the user interface, and its not in the message of the day. 🤷‍♂️

One thing that's bugging me with the challenges; is there a UI that shows me the challenges available?
I went on the PC port, and I wasn't able to find the challenges in the menu. It did give me XP when I completed Cairo Station on normal difficulty for the first time, but I can't find the user interface for the challenges available and ones completed.
It’s not in the interface at this time.

As for the MotD you are correct to check there per the KBA page on Challenges. However I suspect we will see the MotD include the Challenges information next week along with the other matchmaking refresh information that is included, while today’s is being utilized to promote Halo 2: Anniversary.

So question.... could you theoretically just play the same level on legendary for each game over and over each week until they update this with more variety? Or will each week require a different level?
I could see all of us getting reallllllllly good at one legendary level on each game. What level did you all play through on each game on legendary to get this?
I believe so, yes. At least with this current v1 or challenges, although I could see them specifying which mission to complete with updates.

So far I have completed:
  • Halo: Reach - Nightfall
  • Halo 2 - Outskirts
  • Halo 3: ODST - Uplift Reserve
I just chose missions I thought I could do the fastest. I’m no speedrunner for Halo but I’ll do the tricks I can pull of consistently.

Later today I plan to do:
  • Halo: CE - The Pillar of Autumn
  • Halo 3 - Floodgate
  • Halo 4 - Dawn
If I can get good at the launch again, Halo 4 will change to Shutdown later on.
JB Linken wrote:

It’s not in the interface at this time.

As for the MotD you are correct to check there per the KBA page on Challenges. However I suspect we will see the MotD include the Challenges information next week along with the other matchmaking refresh information that is included, while today’s is being utilized to promote Halo 2: Anniversary.

I believe so, yes. At least with this current v1 or challenges, although I could see them specifying which mission to complete with updates.

So far I have completed:
  • Halo: Reach - Nightfall
  • Halo 2 - Outskirts
  • Halo 3: ODST - Uplift Reserve
I just chose missions I thought I could do the fastest. I’m no speedrunner for Halo but I’ll do the tricks I can pull of consistently.

Later today I plan to do:
  • Halo: CE - The Pillar of Autumn
  • Halo 3 - Floodgate
  • Halo 4 - Dawn
If I can get good at the launch again, Halo 4 will change to Shutdown later on.
Sweet! Thanks I'll give those a shot. I'm in the same boat, not a speedrunner, but I've completed every game on legendary solo.
Doesn't look like the challenges are live yet...i downloaded a 24gb update, completed halo 3 odst on upflit reserve on legendary, but no xp awarded. Anyone else?
You can do any level? If so then 5 of the 6 games can be done in under 30 minutes lol.

Keyes ~4
Uprising ~3
Floodgate ~5
Uplift reserve ~ 4
Nightfall ~ 6

Im not sure if H4 has a super short level because I haven't done the Speedrun yet
Doesn't look like the challenges are live yet...i downloaded a 24gb update, completed halo 3 odst on upflit reserve on legendary, but no xp awarded. Anyone else?
They are live. In fact I completed that exact mission last night in Legendary and received my XP.

I saw someone else say they weren’t getting credit for some Halo: CE mission, but then they did when they completed The Pillar of Autumn.

Maybe try a different level or a different Halo altogether. Likely some first day bugs impacting this but just submit a Halo support ticket so it can be fixed. :-)
You can do any level? If so then 5 of the 6 games can be done in under 30 minutes lol.

Keyes ~4
Uprising ~3
Floodgate ~5
Uplift reserve ~ 4
Nightfall ~ 6 Or lone wolf 10 seconds

Im not sure if H4 has a super short level because I haven't done the Speedrun yet
You can skip the majority of Shutdown by just flying to the last tower, lol. HaloRuns shows Shutdown and Dawn have the shortest individual level world records for Halo 4.
JB Linken wrote:
They are live. In fact I completed that exact mission last night in Legendary and received my XP.

I saw someone else say they weren’t getting credit for some Halo: CE mission, but then they did when they completed The Pillar of Autumn.

Maybe try a different level or a different Halo altogether. Likely some first day bugs impacting this but just submit a Halo support ticket so it can be fixed. :-)

Keyes ~4
Uprising ~3
Floodgate ~5
Uplift reserve ~ 4

You can skip the majority of Shutdown by just flying to the last tower, lol. HaloRuns shows Shutdown and Dawn have the shortest individual level world records for Halo 4.
What did you get when you received it...was there a pop up?

I'll try uplift reserve again...weird.
JB Linken wrote:

Keyes ~4
Uprising ~3
Floodgate ~5
Uplift reserve ~ 4

What did you get when you received it...was there a pop up?

I'll try uplift reserve again...weird.
During the loading screen after skipping the final cutscene I received 4 notifications, one for each difficulty being completed and the XP rewarded. It does not tell you how much XP you earned however, I've had to track that myself.

Although now it seems there may be a discrepancy as the user in this post seems to have received 65,000 XP for playing each difficulty separately (starting with Easy going to Legendary I'd assume, as to not receive credit for multiple difficulties at once.)
Yeah I just finished a legendary play through of the first mission of H2A. I saw the notifications for the challenges, legendary, heroic, normal complete. It doesn't show how much xp you get or anything. I kinda wish they would have waited to release these challenges untill they had some way to see what they were and how much you got. It's really obscure right now. But at least it is something for campaign I suppose. Hopefully the full version of challenges isn't to far away.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3