Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Challenges update maybe live

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah I just finished a legendary play through of the first mission of H2A. I saw the notifications for the challenges, legendary, heroic, normal complete. It doesn't show how much xp you get or anything. I kinda wish they would have waited to release these challenges untill they had some way to see what they were and how much you got. It's really obscure right now. But at least it is something for campaign right now. Hopefully the full version of challenges isn't to far away.
ugh, alright well i'm playing through keys in CE on normal...hoping this shows up at the end.
LethalQ wrote:
Yeah I just finished a legendary play through of the first mission of H2A. I saw the notifications for the challenges, legendary, heroic, normal complete. It doesn't show how much xp you get or anything. I kinda wish they would have waited to release these challenges untill they had some way to see what they were and how much you got. It's really obscure right now. But at least it is something for campaign right now. Hopefully the full version of challenges isn't to far away.
ugh, alright well i'm playing through keys in CE on normal...hoping this shows up at the end.
The notifications pop by pretty quick on the upper right hand of the screen about when the carnage screen comes up.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
The notifications pop by pretty quick on the upper right hand of the screen about when the carnage screen comes up.
Yep just got it as I finished keyes. weird it didn't pop for odst. I'll try it again. Looks like about 15k on normal.
So i've completed uplift reserve on legendary...again. No pop, no xp boost. However, like I mentioned above, I got it on keyes on CE. I'm curious, did they exclude ODST from this for this week?
So i've completed uplift reserve on legendary...again. No pop, no xp boost. However, like I mentioned above, I got it on keyes on CE. I'm curious, did they exclude ODST from this for this week?
Well this is just a "preview" of the challenges so it's tough to say. They weren't real clear on how this preview works really.
CHALLENGES
Thanks Tyler, With the launch of Halo 2 on PC, we are releasing an early version of our challenges feature. This preview of the challenges feature is designed to meet one specific goal: granting players XP for completing campaign missions. Each week, the first campaign mission a player completes on each difficulty in each game in MCC will grant XP. Difficulties stack, so completing a mission on Normal will also complete that game’s Easy challenge and so on. Upon completing these challenges, a notification will appear, and the player will receive XP payouts tuned to the difficulty they played on. Each Wednesday at 10 AM, in conjunction with the weekly matchmaking update, players’ challenges will be refreshed. These challenges can be completed in campaign or campaign playlists

That is from the community update... So it seems like you should get xp from one mission on each game on each difficulty. So if you complete one mission on legendary in one game you should get the xp from each difficulty for that game but you won't get any more xp from that game and have to play another.
I can't believe the size of this update, it's ridiculous. This game already takes up so much space, in fact I can't even install the update right now due to space, meaning I can't even play the game until I free up space. For someone who doesn't play the campaign and doesn't have any of the campaign's installed, it's really annoying that I have to update it for such a large amount of space for challenges that don't even apply to me.
I can also report that Halo 3 ODST and Halo 4 do not award challenges for completing missions. All of the others worked just fine. The missions I did are:

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I can also report that Halo 3 ODST and Halo 4 do not award challenges for completing missions. All of the others worked just fine. The missions I did are:

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I have completed

Halo Reach : Nightfall
H CE: The Pillar of Autumn
H2: Outskirts
H3: FloodGate
H3 ODST: Uplift Reserve
H4: shutdown

in all received EXP.

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I have completed

in all received EXP.
all haloes give EXP

for some reason in h2 i don't get the exp and i already completed 2 missions in legendary

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I have completed

in all received EXP.
I’m going to give it another go in a few minutes, I’ll try different missions too and see how it goes. Hopefully it is just a one time bug.

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I have completed

in all received EXP.
I’m going to give it another go in a few minutes, I’ll try different missions too and see how it goes. Hopefully it is just a one time bug.
Being this is the initial rollout and preview odds are there will be bugs. There will always be bugs in big updates.

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
This is good to know it's not just me and that the challenges are still a bit buggy. Understandable, it's a new feature and all.
H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I'm seeing reports of some players not receiving their XP bonus for completing missions, however I just wanted to report the other side.

I have experienced 0 problems. I got all my XP for each of the 6 Halo games, and I look forward to see how they are updated and improved. Can't wait to do it again next week!

If you are experiencing problems please submit a Halo Support ticket.
LethalQ wrote:

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I have completed

in all received EXP.
Being this is the initial rollout and preview odds are there will be bugs. There will always be bugs in big updates.

H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
This is good to know it's not just me and that the challenges are still a bit buggy. Understandable, it's a new feature and all.
JB Linken wrote:
H1 - Pillar of Autumn
H2 - Cairo Station
H3 - Sierra 117
H3O - Kizingo Boulevard
HR - Nightfall
H4 - Dawn
I'm seeing reports of some players not receiving their XP bonus for completing missions, however I just wanted to report the other side.

I have experienced 0 problems. I got all my XP for each of the 6 Halo games, and I look forward to see how they are updated and improved. Can't wait to do it again next week!

If you are experiencing problems please submit a Halo Support ticket.
Good news! I tried two different levels from H3O and H4, specifically Uplift Reserve and Shutdown. This time I got the rewards for completing those levels. Looks like it was just a fluke or something, possibly some bugs with the update. I did restart my console and game also, maybe that cured it.
I completed Floodgate, got the 4 notifications to pop up and don’t have any points available for purchasing items. Advice?

Really wish they would stop releasing features that are not fully functional.... Early versions only cause confusion and it’s frustrating that companies still treat consumers like beta testers. Challenges were a big reason for me to hop back on MCC and I now realize it was a waste of time.
tuhin94 wrote:
I completed Floodgate, got the 4 notifications to pop up and don’t have any points available for purchasing items. Advice?

Really wish they would stop releasing features that are not fully functional.... Early versions only cause confusion and it’s frustrating that companies still treat consumers like beta testers. Challenges were a big reason for me to hop back on MCC and I now realize it was a waste of time.
It's supposed to work like that. The system awards XP only as of right now, no season unlock points. This is an early version of the challenge system, a more sophisticated one will be offered in the future.
tuhin94 wrote:

It's supposed to work like that. The system awards XP only as of right now, no season unlock points. This is an early version of the challenge system, a more sophisticated one will be offered in the future.
Yes as of right now it's just XP so you won't get a season point until you level up.

I just did the first mission in Reach on legendary and I saw the challenge met notifications and I took a picture of my before xp and was able to subtract it from my xp after the mission. I got 55,000xp... I didn't check how much xp I got for my legendary run through of the fist mission of H2A. But I plan on going through the first mission of HCE later. But 55,000xp for one legendary mission is pretty good IMO.
tuhin94 wrote:

Right, but doesn’t XP translate to season points once you have enough? Or am I not understanding the system correctly?

EDIT: I’m still on the very first row of unlocks for season 1 since I did not play online after Reach released beyond getting the online achievements. So I have a total of like 4 or 5 season points I believe which is why I figured I should have gotten at least one unlock point.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Right, but doesn’t XP translate to season points once you have enough? Or am I not understanding the system correctly?
Each time you level up you should get a season point....unless you have everything unlocked then you no longer get points for leveling up.
LethalQ wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Each time you level up you should get a season point....unless you have everything unlocked then you no longer get points for leveling up.
Looks like I was adding my edit as you were typing. I did not play Reach online beyond getting the achievements, so I have only a couple of items unlocked thus far. That’s why I figured I should have gotten at least one point for completing the challenges.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3