Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Challenges: Weeklies Are More Like Dailes

OP iTz Kitty Purry

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Pretty much every challenge can be knocked out so quick you can get them in a handful of games. I really think the challenges, as they are now should become dailies and have their season token values taken away and add them to new Weekly challenges that might actually take some investment be put into the game.

Maybe I'm alone on this feeling, they are just so darn easy, anyone have any thoughts?
Pretty much every challenge can be knocked out so quick you can get them in a handful of games. I really think the challenges, as they are now should become dailies and have their season token values taken away and add them to new Weekly challenges that might actually take some investment be put into the game.

Maybe I'm alone on this feeling, they are just so darn easy, anyone have any thoughts?
I agree they’re pretty easy but I’m sure it’s only because season 3 is coming out so fast. They might not wanna make stuff too difficult for new players.

I agree they’re pretty easy but I’m sure it’s only because season 3 is coming out so fast. They might not wanna make stuff too difficult for new players.
Perhaps but for any average player it's super easy and for above average players it's stupid easy. I got pretty much every challenge done on PvP and PvE within a few hours. I remember Reach's weeklies weren't necessarily "hard" but they usually took dedication and rewarded handsomely. Hopefully next season they put some effort to make it seem like it's not just "copy and paste" of the same challenges recycled every week in addition to to perhaps dailies and slightly harder challenges.

I agree except with the idea of taking tokens away. If challenges don’t grant tokens they’re useless to me. I already maxed out season 1 which means ranks don’t grant tokens at all. Challenges are the only for me level up.
I wouldn't mind seeing the challenges broken down more. Have dailies that are the some what easy ones, like play three competitive games, or what ever and make the dailies only grant good xp bonuses. Then some of the ones that take longer be the weeklies that grant bigger xp and the season points. That would be a win win in my book... Would let players gain more xp on this massive grind and be able to get season points at the same rate. But first and foremost they need to sort out all the bugs and make the challenges work properly(the biggest issue especially some titles and game types not counting when they should) and give more detailed descriptions of what actually counts for the challenges. I am glad we have these challenges but they still need a lot of sorting out.

I agree except with the idea of taking tokens away. If challenges don’t grant tokens they’re useless to me. I already maxed out season 1 which means ranks don’t grant tokens at all. Challenges are the only for me level up.
The problem is if you got tokens for Dailies people would blast through seasons too fast. Most weeklies already dont give you tokens, so just make those Dailies and make the weeklies harder but worth more XP and more Tokens. This way it still has balance but requires more time into the game.

The problem is if you got tokens for Dailies people would blast through seasons too fast. Most weeklies already dont give you tokens, so just make those Dailies and make the weeklies harder but worth more XP and more Tokens. This way it still has balance but requires more time into the game.
The problem with that then is there a point to challenges without tokens? XP does absolutely nothing in the game now and means nothing. Past level 100 you earn no tokens for leveling up. I and many others dont even bother with challenges that are XP only as they are a waste of time. So if Daily challenges have no tokens they will be a waste of time.

The problem with that then is there a point to challenges without tokens. XP does absolutely nothing in the game now and means nothing. Past level 100 you earn no tokens for leveling up. I and many others dont even bother with challenges that are XP only as they are a waste of time. So if Daily challenges have no tokens they will be a waste of time.
This ^
I’ve been saying this the whole time. XP challenges are worth nothing to me. Why even have them? I couldn’t care less about XP and levels since they don’t grant anything. You remove tokens from the daily challenges and I won’t care about them at all. Basically you take away daily tokens and you make this game even more of a grind fest with a bloated challenges system. I already have to look through the challenges that are actually worth something. I don’t know what 343i was thinking when they made XP-only challenges while removing points earned form ranking up.

The problem with that then is there a point to challenges without tokens. XP does absolutely nothing in the game now and means nothing. Past level 100 you earn no tokens for leveling up. I and many others dont even bother with challenges that are XP only as they are a waste of time. So if Daily challenges have no tokens they will be a waste of time.
This ^
I’ve been saying this the whole time. XP challenges are worth nothing to me. Why even have them? I couldn’t care less about XP and levels since they don’t grant anything. You remove tokens from the daily challenges and I won’t care about them at all. Basically you take away daily tokens and you make this game even more of a grind fest with a bloated challenges system. I already have to look through the challenges that are actually worth something. I don’t know what 343i was thinking when they made XP-only challenges while removing points earned form ranking up.
This game is already loaded with weekly challenges that are ONLY worth XP. And yes I finished season 1 before 2 even started so XP means nothing to me as well. My problem is the challenges are so dang easy and worth nothing. I'd rather have those challenges just be daily and give us weekly challenges that payout MORE. We are on the same side here, I just want them to put more effort into how they give us challenges because right now it kind of stinks.

This ^
This game is already loaded with weekly challenges that are ONLY worth XP. And yes I finished season 1 before 2 even started so XP means nothing to me as well. My problem is the challenges are so dang easy and worth nothing. I'd rather have those challenges just be daily and give us weekly challenges that payout MORE. We are on the same side here, I just want them to put more effort into how they give us challenges because right now it kind of stinks.
I already said, I don’t know what 343i was thinking when they made XP-only challenges. My point is why make even more useless challenges? I don’t have an issue with your idea of making the weekly challenges daily and making new weekly challenges that payout more. The issue is making the weekly challenges the new “daily challenges” useless. I’d rather see one or two daily challenges that payout one season point each.
Okay, so we're all in agreement then? The current weeklies should be turned to dailies with modified xp rewards, new and more difficult/time consuming weeklies should be introduced with better rewards (hell, just take some of the current Seasonal challenges and reset them every week), and ranks past 100 should reward points as well.

I think that covers everything, right?
There seems to be a few points floating around here, I'll try to add my comments to them.

In the first, adding daily challenges that are slightly easier, and making the weeklies tougher and pay out a little more would be welcome by everyone, I think.
No matter if you've never played a single match of Halo, are halfway through Season One, or almost finished season 2, I think everyone would be on board.

As to the 'why did they make challenges that offer only XP?'

There are lots of different kinds of Halo players.
Not everyone grinds out 4-5 hours a day of MP.

Originally, that was the only way to unlock the Reach armor - playing MP.
Campaign players (other than a few short weeks of level completions) had no way to earn the armor.
So, adding in challenges that not only grant season points, but also XP, allows those players to progress through the 1-100 earning those points along the way for their Reach Campaign Spartan.

Then, there are also the people who simply enjoy grinding and ranking up - even if there is no other reward than the rank itself. So they appreciate the XP challenges too.
I'd say the same, if they actually worked. None of my challenges (any that havent involved online matchmaking, even firefight sometimes doesn't work) will not register as complete. So my say, keep then weekly's. Just so I can figure out what the heck 343 was doing :)
AshamanND wrote:
There seems to be a few points floating around here, I'll try to add my comments to them.

In the first, adding daily challenges that are slightly easier, and making the weeklies tougher and pay out a little more would be welcome by everyone, I think.
No matter if you've never played a single match of Halo, are halfway through Season One, or almost finished season 2, I think everyone would be on board.

As to the 'why did they make challenges that offer only XP?'

There are lots of different kinds of Halo players.
Not everyone grinds out 4-5 hours a day of MP.

Originally, that was the only way to unlock the Reach armor - playing MP.
Campaign players (other than a few short weeks of level completions) had no way to earn the armor.
So, adding in challenges that not only grant season points, but also XP, allows those players to progress through the 1-100 earning those points along the way for their Reach Campaign Spartan.

Then, there are also the people who simply enjoy grinding and ranking up - even if there is no other reward than the rank itself. So they appreciate the XP challenges too.
I agree with a lot here but I’m still not too happy with the XP only challenges. More precisely, XP only challenges while not awarding season points for levels past 100. It really feels like a slap in the face to the players that actually grinded through season 1 before season 2 came out.

Consider this:
Person A grinds through season 1 with no challenges whatsoever. Season 2 releases and now they only gain season points from select challenges and the rest are useless.

Person B only grinds for 50 levels and then stops. Season 2 releases and now they can use challenges to rank up faster than player A while also unlocking points from the select challenges just like player A. And player B now has more variety in challenges.
This^ effectively makes grinding in season 1 pointless. I hurried up season 1 thinking it would give me a head start on season 2.

Now my question is why not allow us to earn season points from ranks after 100? I originally thought season points were directly tied to the seasons not ranks. I thought I stopped earning season points simply because I finished season 1 and I thought that once season 2 released, ranks would unlock points again.
I'm in favor of daily challenges as well as weekly ones, sure. I focus on the PvE side of things mainly, though, and I've found that the weekly PvE challenges *largely* work out nicely for me to tidy up in about a week of standard, non-cramming play. That's just personal pacing on the PvE side of things for my part, though.

Reach originally had a pretty simple handful of daily challenges to knock out, definitely easier accomplishments than the weeklies in MCC if memory serves, but a nice incentive to hop on every day and clinch some bonus XP. I'd love to see that kind of incentive return for MCC.
Taken into consideration that some of us Halo fans do not always have the time to play MCC everyday and even some days no longer than an hour and a half max, I think the challenge system is well balanced.
And also, the challenges are not the primary reason to play the game, I like to play for the fun of it and not focus on a quest to complete the challenges ASAP. I'm a family man, with a job and a busy day stretching through the week, believe me that increasing the length and scale of the challenges will render some of us unavailable to complete them in time.
When I first go online I prioritize playing out of pure enjoyment and underways I complete a challenge or two in the progress.
Mikkhep93 wrote:
Taken into consideration that some of us Halo fans do not always have the time to play MCC everyday and even some days no longer than an hour and a half max, I think the challenge system is well balanced.
And also, the challenges are not the primary reason to play the game, I like to play for the fun of it and not focus on a quest to complete the challenges ASAP. I'm a family man, with a job and a busy day stretching through the week, believe me that increasing the length and scale of the challenges will render some of us unavailable to complete them in time.
When I first go online I prioritize playing out of pure enjoyment and underways I complete a challenge or two in the progress.
Just came here to say this. I think the weekly challenges are fine (except mix them up). I average about an hour a day of playtime...total. So yea, I think it's fine. And I love the ending statement that Mikkhep93 wrote. I usually will collect them as I play. Otherwise it's just grinding and I've been there, done that. Also you gotta remember, when you get to tier 4, your progression really starts to slow down. So yea..I think it's fine.
AshamanND wrote:
[snip]
[snip]This^ effectively makes grinding in season 1 pointless. I hurried up season 1 thinking it would give me a head start on season 2.

Now my question is why not allow us to earn season points from ranks after 100? I originally thought season points were directly tied to the seasons not ranks. I thought I stopped earning season points simply because I finished season 1 and I thought that once season 2 released, ranks would unlock points again.
Grinding season 1 wasn't pointless - you got the Reach items before others if you did so.
You also ranked up faster, having that status as well.

I know what you are saying, but I think there are more people excited that they can unlock gear faster than before (or people don't mind that others can do so), than there are people upset that they got the Reach stuff all done in season 1 and people now have a 'faster' time.
In fact, I'm pretty sure it was by design that 343 did it this way. Didn't you see the mega thread about people complaining about the Reach armor unlocks?

I'm not sure where, but I remember reading that they said ranks wouldn't give points in the future - that as soon as they announced challenges were coming, that is how points would be earned. Besides, if they arbitrarily turned the 'level' points back on after season 2 started, how pissed would people be that they played from say levels 100-130 and didn't get any points from them?
Wouldn't make sense.

In any case, if you earn enough points in season 2, you can unlock ALL that gear AND save points for season 3.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
[snip]
[snip]This^ effectively makes grinding in season 1 pointless. I hurried up season 1 thinking it would give me a head start on season 2.

Grinding season 1 wasn't pointless - you got the Reach items before others if you did so.
You also ranked up faster, having that status as well.

I know what you are saying, but I think there are more people excited that they can unlock gear faster than before (or people don't mind that others can do so), than there are people upset that they got the Reach stuff all done in season 1 and people now have a 'faster' time.
In fact, I'm pretty sure it was by design that 343 did it this way. Didn't you see the mega thread about people complaining about the Reach armor unlocks?

I'm not sure where, but I remember reading that they said ranks wouldn't give points in the future - that as soon as they announced challenges were coming, that is how points would be earned. Besides, if they arbitrarily turned the 'level' points back on after season 2 started, how pissed would people be that they played from say levels 100-130 and didn't get any points from them?
Wouldn't make sense.

In any case, if you earn enough points in season 2, you can unlock ALL that gear AND save points for season 3.
Either way, there’s could have been a much better way to deal with ranks and points. While arbitrarily turning off season points from ranks and then back on would been annoying. It would be less annoying than just turning off all season points from ranks(what we got). Or here’s a radical thought: why not allow us to keep earning points from ranks after season 1? Then the people who grinded out season 1 could get a head start on season 2. Now to be clear, I’m not upset that people can now go through the ranks faster. On the contrary, I feel like the challenges are a good thing that help keep the game from getting stale. My complaint The people who have season 1 completed are now limited to only challenges that grant season points. I couldn’t care less what my rank is since I don’t earn points. I don’t even remember or care what it is and there’s no way to even see someone else’s rank unless you know what rank their emblem stands for. I do not. I’ve pretty much stopped caring about season 2 stuff because most are skins that I can never use because I rarely get vehicles in CE and now I don’t feel like I’ll be rewarded for grinding anyway. Who knows maybe it will be even easier to earn points in season 3 and it will make any complain here pointless. I’m just going to get a head start and save for season 3.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
[snip]
Now to be clear, I’m not upset that people can now go through the ranks faster. On the contrary, I feel like the challenges are a good thing that help keep the game from getting stale. My complaint The people who have season 1 completed are now limited to only challenges that grant season points.
I’ve pretty much stopped caring about season 2 stuff because most are skins that I can never use because I rarely get vehicles in CE and now I don’t feel like I’ll be rewarded for grinding anyway.
If you aren't worried about other people getting through season 1 faster, and you also don't care for the season 2 content, then I'm not sure what you're most concerned about.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2