Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Changes you would like to see for Halo CE?

OP WQVA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
What would you like 343 to focus on specifically for Halo CE in this update?

Im interested in them trying to match Halo CE NHE as close as possible for 2v2.
I would really life the return of CE 4v4. My mates and i really want to play that when we return to MCC, but we're stuck looking in BTB, and sadly that usually ends with Halo 3 maps all the time.
KenniTDG wrote:
I would really life the return of CE 4v4. My mates and i really want to play that when we return to MCC, but we're stuck looking in BTB, and sadly that usually ends with Halo 3 maps all the time.
I think you'll be pleased with the plans they have for MCC's playlist refresh. Nothing has been officially confirmed thus far, but the moment I hear any news, I will link you to it.
omarlotrc wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
I think you'll be pleased with the plans they have for MCC's playlist refresh. Nothing has been officially confirmed thus far, but the moment I hear any news, I will link you to it.
I do read the developement blogs every time they're released, but it is not unlikely i have missed some bits here and there. If there's 4v4 in the works for CE, then im all over it!
Hoping they'll test some CE in a future flight. I've enjoyed Flight 2 alot and i think CE, after some issues it faced, could use a little testing as well. The pistol... doesn't work it's legendary wonders in MCC as it is currently... Saddening.

But yea, appreciate the update offer! I don't always catch all the news so it'd be good to have someone toss the info i miss! :D
KenniTDG wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
I do read the developement blogs every time they're released, but it is not unlikely i have missed some bits here and there. If there's 4v4 in the works for CE, then im all over it!
Hoping they'll test some CE in a future flight. I've enjoyed Flight 2 alot and i think CE, after some issues it faced, could use a little testing as well. The pistol... doesn't work it's legendary wonders in MCC as it is currently... Saddening.

But yea, appreciate the update offer! I don't always catch all the news so it'd be good to have someone toss the info i miss! :D
The pistol is terribly inconsistent. There are videos on YouTube about it, and I have reason to believe that 343i is aware of the issue. I'm hoping the next flight will focus on Halo: CE, because the game needs some love. Whatever the case, it's a real shame that CE is in the condition it's in at the moment, because it plays so damn well on the original.

If only MCC offered the same experience.
omarlotrc wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:

The pistol is terribly inconsistent. There are videos on YouTube about it, and I have reason to believe that 343i is aware of the issue. I'm hoping the next flight will focus on Halo: CE, because the game needs some love. Whatever the case, it's a real shame that CE is in the condition it's in at the moment, because it plays so damn well on the original.

Original is a smooth, beautiful experience. It works wonders on PC as well, so here is to hoping that 343 will make the changes neccesary for the CE pistol, to be as it once was. I'll be patient and wait tho, they're working on plenty of issues, and CE pistol's inconsistency, aint on the top of my list but it'd be nice to have it fixed when all the important tweaks and updates go live.
KenniTDG wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:

Original is a smooth, beautiful experience. It works wonders on PC as well, so here is to hoping that 343 will make the changes neccesary for the CE pistol, to be as it once was. I'll be patient and wait tho, they're working on plenty of issues, and CE pistol's inconsistency, aint on the top of my list but it'd be nice to have it fixed when all the important tweaks and updates go live.
Agreed. MCC has the potential to be one of the greatest games on Xbox One.
I just want my pistol to work, everything else I could honestly live with.
In game talking timers, on screen clock, and pretty much all the other NHE changes: http://halo1final.com/
I dislike the PC mulitplayer. Outside of the additional PC maps (Timberland, etc.), I want the default map settings to resemble the original Xbox maps rather than the PC versions. There's way too much going on in the PC versions that takes away from the balance of the gameplay and overall fun. Halo CE is, to this day, my favourite Halo game. It's the one I enjoy the most. Halo PC is not.
Bring back the missing content that was removed for MM for frame rate issues! Examples like the flame throwers on Geophorbia or the Ghosts on Geophorbia or the Ce Banshee Bomb!
WWelchIII wrote:
Bring back the missing content that was removed for MM for frame rate issues! Examples like the flame throwers on Geophorbia or the Ghosts on Geophorbia or the Ce Banshee Bomb!
I agree but only to a point - only on the BTB maps that are ports from PC. Leave the original maps with their original settings.
I want the original Xbox version of Sidewinder back. I hated the changes that were made to that map for the PC version, which were carried over into MCC.

1. The teleporters from the bases to the cliffs need to be one-way.
2. There should only be one set of powerups in the tunnels.
Spawn fixes hands down
I would like them to fix the classic mode by enabling the original sound effects and HUD while also re adding the correct shader things that were messed up when the game was ported to the pc.
WWelchIII wrote:
FT and Ghosts can still be enabled in Gephyrophobia. You can turn them on in Custom Games. MM currently has the classic settings for that map which is warthogs only and classic weapons.
Spawn fixes hands down
If you are referring to CE spawns sucking, well - how to say this - ... THAT is H1. There is no fix! To even attempt a fix would be ruinous. If you have the time look up on yt "Walshy Halo 1 spawns", or "Ogre 2's Halo Tips" (3 parts). You see that the spawn system works (in slayer) by spawning you with 15 meters of your nearest teammate provided the spawn is
1. Not blocked by the other team.
2. Not blocked by your teammate.
3. Available.

Seriously, I don't mean to be demeaning here, but Halo 1 (especially 2v2) is in essence something like team chess with guns. See any of the following references:

halospawns.com
theHaloForum.com

I mean do a deep dive into the CE spawn system and you will see that for the most part you can blame your teammates for the bad spawn, and that the spawn system is integral to the original experience...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If however you were referring to H2 then yes, the game tends to spawn players differently then original H2. That is something like a general impression, and I have read more authoritative sources that seem to bolster that opinion.

If you were referring to the objective gametypes spawn times, then I also agree. One of the most maddening new features is in games like Oddball or KoTH where the spawning is "cyclical". So when you die, if another teammate is also dead, then you get to spawn in with him. So instead of 10 seconds, your average spawn time is something like 3.5-6 seconds. This also makes map-control non-sensical... Nothing like getting 3 or 4 down on Midship Hill, then having all 4 spawn back in under the hill and popping up the portal and destroying you. Spawns on all objective gametypes should be a straight up 10 seconds.
I meant for halo CE but now that you tell me it's normal Jesus Christ
Hate it if you want to, but seriously study up for a couple of hours on YouTube, then go back in with a teammate and try to seriously play with randoming each other/grenading spawns and it becomes much more challenging and fun. Or simply watch Ogre 2 on twitch (1 in 8 videos in his archive is H:CE MCC) videos and watch the master at work. Because of the spawn system/nading weapons down/randoming I think that Halo CE (as a 2v2 enterprise) will outlive Halo Infinite or whatever game finally ends the "Halo universe". If 343 could somehow incorporate the best elements and depth of CE into Infinite it would only improve it. And you have to wonder, did Bungie know how awesome their game was? I mean most maps have stars in the sky (ie HeH, Damnation, Battle Creek, etc), you can use these stars (and the Halo Ring) to exactly line nades up to get weapons from across the map to your position. Was this just lucky map painting, or did they know that the very random (yet consistent) array of stars would enable so much depth?

I digress, and only exhort you to do two things. Learn more about the game, and cease using the Lord's name in vain. It's unbecoming.
Nyssian wrote:
Hate it if you want to, but seriously study up for a couple of hours on YouTube, then go back in with a teammate and try to seriously play with randoming each other/grenading spawns and it becomes much more challenging and fun. Or simply watch Ogre 2 on twitch (1 in 8 videos in his archive is H:CE MCC) videos and watch the master at work. Because of the spawn system/nading weapons down/randoming I think that Halo CE (as a 2v2 enterprise) will outlive Halo Infinite or whatever game finally ends the "Halo universe". If 343 could somehow incorporate the best elements and depth of CE into Infinite it would only improve it. And you have to wonder, did Bungie know how awesome their game was? I mean most maps have stars in the sky (ie HeH, Damnation, Battle Creek, etc), you can use these stars (and the Halo Ring) to exactly line nades up to get weapons from across the map to your position. Was this just lucky map painting, or did they know that the very random (yet consistent) array of stars would enable so much depth?

I digress, and only exhort you to do two things. Learn more about the game, and cease using the Lord's name in vain. It's unbecoming.
I don't hate halo CE but and I did watch one of walshys videos on it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3