Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Changes you would like to see for Halo CE?

OP WQVA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Veeeeeeery low priority. But I want the classic sound effects (reload sound, gunfire sound, etc.) and the classic appearance of the CE health bar back.
Veeeeeeery low priority. But I want the classic sound effects (reload sound, gunfire sound, etc.) and the classic appearance of the CE health bar back.
Yes to this, I think it should at least be an option. Not sure about the coding side; if it would be easy to have a checkbox for old vs new sound. But this is the only Halo of all the MCCs where they decided to redo audio? Also, they should fix the Red Base window on Battle Creek (and the invis tree hole). I don't get the "small" changes? What are they trying to fix? I know that the one guy on the MCC team is from the Halo NHE/Halo 1 Final development group so I think we are in good hands on these fronts.
Before any audio/video changes, or any map changes, the most important part of CE to fix is the gun play. Aside for the nostalgia, the reason people keep coming back to CE is that it’s a one-of-a-kind arena shooter experience. That experience isn’t accurately replicated in MCC, so restoring that experience should be paramount.
I'd be ecstatic if they simply make the pistol and sniper behave as they do in the original game.
UNRANKED 4v4 Team Slayer and to see Halo CE maps added into a Free For All Playlist
Nyssian wrote:
I meant for halo CE but now that you tell me it's normal Jesus Christ
Hate it if you want to, but seriously study up for a couple of hours on YouTube, then go back in with a teammate and try to seriously play with randoming each other/grenading spawns and it becomes much more challenging and fun. Or simply watch Ogre 2 on twitch (1 in 8 videos in his archive is H:CE MCC) videos and watch the master at work. Because of the spawn system/nading weapons down/randoming I think that Halo CE (as a 2v2 enterprise) will outlive Halo Infinite or whatever game finally ends the "Halo universe". If 343 could somehow incorporate the best elements and depth of CE into Infinite it would only improve it. And you have to wonder, did Bungie know how awesome their game was? I mean most maps have stars in the sky (ie HeH, Damnation, Battle Creek, etc), you can use these stars (and the Halo Ring) to exactly line nades up to get weapons from across the map to your position. Was this just lucky map painting, or did they know that the very random (yet consistent) array of stars would enable so much depth?

I digress, and only exhort you to do two things. Learn more about the game, and cease using the Lord's name in vain. It's unbecoming.
Love that you are preaching the word, but I believe H1 was a happy accident. From what I understand it was meant to be a campaign only game and then Microsoft told them they had to have multiplayer. In something like a week's time they created the entire multiplayer experience from scratch which is why many of the levels use the same designs from campaign and their skyboxes. Many of the systems are simple and easy to implement (power weapons spawn every 1 minute, spawn next to your teammate). It was this simplicity that led to H1's beauty. What a game to be defined truly by skill.
classic sound, bring ALL pc stuff back ( flamthrowers on some maps etc ), but most of all i would really REALLY love Theather/Forge for Halo Ce ( an Halo 2) but thats more of an feature ......
Bring back the old sound effects
Before any audio/video changes, or any map changes, the most important part of CE to fix is the gun play. Aside for the nostalgia, the reason people keep coming back to CE is that it’s a one-of-a-kind arena shooter experience. That experience isn’t accurately replicated in MCC, so restoring that experience should be paramount.
Amen.
Having the ability to play on all of the maps the game has to offer is what I'm looking for. Since the MCC launched I've wanted to jump into games on Blood Gulch and Sidewinder whenever I have free time. 343 limiting Halo CE to nothing but a 2v2 playlist with only a handful of maps was such a let down.
Having the ability to play on all of the maps the game has to offer is what I'm looking for. Since the MCC launched I've wanted to jump into games on Blood Gulch and Sidewinder whenever I have free time. 343 limiting Halo CE to nothing but a 2v2 playlist with only a handful of maps was such a let down.
A lot of CE’s BTB maps haven’t really aged well, hence why they don’t get picked as often. As far as Blood Gulch goes though I think we’ll be seeing more of it in the CE 4v4 playlist (hopefully, at least).
More maps should be put into the mix, I agree. I get that we can go into custom games and play the maps but I want to go into matchmaking and play against others. That's also why I think any Halo CE playlist should be unranked so the playlist keeps a healthy population
More maps should be put into the mix, I agree. I get that we can go into custom games and play the maps but I want to go into matchmaking and play against others. That's also why I think any Halo CE playlist should be unranked so the playlist keeps a healthy population
If there’s no 2v2 ranked playlist then most of not all of the top end players will quit playing matchmaking.
I just want my pistol to work, everything else I could honestly live with.
Define working pistol
WQVA wrote:
If there’s no 2v2 ranked playlist then most of not all of the top end players will quit playing matchmaking.
Halo CE already has a ranked 2v2, that can stay. Any other CE playlist should be unranked. And would it really be a bad thing if all the "top end" players quite matchmaking? They'll just play against each other in custom games. They all know each other and play together all the time
WQVA wrote:
Halo CE already has a ranked 2v2, that can stay. Any other CE playlist should be unranked. And would it really be a bad thing if all the "top end" players quite matchmaking? They'll just play against each other in custom games. They all know each other and play together all the time
Yes, yes we do
Some objective based 4v4 would be pretty cool.
WQVA wrote:
Yeah we sure do, but we also like dedicated servers vs someone having to host. I think 4v4 and BTB should be unranked. Sorry your post made it seem like all CE playlists should have no rank.
Objective wouldn't be bad. It sure would make the games last alot longer
Objective wouldn't be bad. It sure would make the games last alot longer
Personally I’m hoping for some CTF on any map. That’s fun stuff. If not, being able to join custom games will suffice
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3