Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Cheater absorbed my plasma grenade.

OP NobleDecepticon

I don't wanna name names , but I've got a theater clip showing the grenade just 'poof' vanishes. I filed a report but those never do anything. Someone help.
I don't wanna name names , but I've got a theater clip showing the grenade just 'poof' vanishes. I filed a report but those never do anything. Someone help.
Are you serious or is this a joke?

Its just a game move on and find another match lol
That doesn't necessarily mean that the opposing player is manipulating the game. I'm not saying you're wrong, but a dodgy connection could also be at fault.
If the grenade sticks to the gun switching weapons makes the grenade disappear. Other times it's just lag. In halo 4 you can thrust into a wall and survive. If you clip certain walls just right, the grenade explodes on the other side of the wall and you don't take damage. In this one I think my melee clipped the grenade inside of the other player which is why I lived. Sticks can be weird sometimes, it's wrong to assume foul play.
Could have been a glitch.... I recall seeing one of my plasma grenades I threw just disappear... It hit the ground and right before it exploded, poof, it disappeared. Something happening once isn't necessarily some one cheating, show the same player doing it multiple times and then you will have more substantial proof.
Aside from the possibilities other users have mentioned, shooting grenades mid air is possible. I have done it. Friends of mine have done it. There’s probably a YouTube compilation of midair frags getting destroyed from August 2015 or something like that.
i'm pretty sure it's a glitch. it happened to me twice when i stuck someone and once when i was stuck. it just disappeared. when i was stuck i was waiting to die and when that didn't happen i checked in theater, bc i thought maybe i wasn't stuck and i just misheard. i also checked the two times i stuck a guy in theater. all three instances happened on h3 heretic.
  • What game? If it's CE and they have overshield, the overshield doesn't show and the player can live through the grenade.
  • Was it a friendly or an enemy? If it's a friendly and friendly fire's off. It's not going to do any damage.
LethalQ wrote:
Could have been a glitch.... I recall seeing one of my plasma grenades I threw just disappear... It hit the ground and right before it exploded, poof, it disappeared. Something happening once isn't necessarily some one cheating, show the same player doing it multiple times and then you will have more substantial proof.
To be honest, this happened to me in campaign as well. I throw a plasma grenade, and then when it was supposed to explode, it just goes poof.
Probably latency related.
Likely lag, or you stuck his gun and he just switched to his other weapon, which despawns the grenade.