Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Cheaters in CE with the Ghosts

OP LuisRoblesH

Recently I played CTF on CE and found two guys cheating with the Ghost. They were invincible, and they were spawn killing. What I saw is that, they were possessing the ghost because no one was driving it (I thought they were invisible but not).
It is an exploit from what I've heard. I believe it is done by going through a teleporter while entering the ghost.
It is an exploit from what I've heard. I believe it is done by going through a teleporter while entering the ghost.
This should be patched asap, because it's getting really annoying. I can tolerate campers and afkers, but this is getting out of control.
This should be patched asap, because it's getting really annoying. I can tolerate campers and afkers, but this is getting out of control.
Mhhhh Patching Halo MP's in MCC is something new :D if its an old exploit they usaly wont fix it.

Like Halo 2 crazy bugs, Battlerifle full auto mode xD (but to be fair they also made Halo 2 Anniversary MP as an Bonus with no exploits)
Sekij wrote:
Mhhhh Patching Halo MP's in MCC is something new :D if its an old exploit they usaly wont fix it.

Like Halo 2 crazy bugs, Battlerifle full auto mode xD (but to be fair they also made Halo 2 Anniversary MP as an Bonus with no exploits)
Button combos are endorsed by 343 and can arguably add a layer to the game.

Ghost glitching has literally no counter play, as the dude in the Ghost is completely invulnerable to any damage, and just a single Ghost can spawn kill your entire team repeatedly. They aren't even in the same league.
Sekij wrote:

In that case, Ghosts should be removed from matchmade games, some players are ruining the game experience to others, making them to quit the game and getting banned for an unjustified reason.

I have been playing MCC for 4 years and it's the first time I see this glitch, and almost 10 times in a row.
I saw this glitch for the first time a week ago. Definitely needs to be addressed in some way.
One thing: the player in the ghost is NOT invincible. I did a whole bunch of testing with it on stream, and posted the results here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/invisible-ghost-driver-glitch/fa703549-a0c7-4ebb-b16d-65241f879ea2/posts?page=1#post4

You can't shoot the player directly, but you can still shoot the ghost itself, which transfers damage. But I do agree with the sentiment, this is not the same as button combos, but only because it's not a bug in the original game. I consider absolutely any exploit available in CE to be canon, and any exploits introduced by MCC to be not.
On PC this glitch has been fixed. Postsums said the patch for Xbox should come soon, so hopefully by next week this should be fixed.

Taken from the PC patch notes
Quote:
Resolved Issues:
Player became invisible in a Ghost by boarding the vehicle while entering a teleporter.
I can't wait to get back from Kenya to see what this fuss is about. Has this only just arisen recently?
@Randall 037 II
Come play some H1 and find out.

I invite 343 to spend just a little more effort maintaining the game they've inherited/purchased, but they won't. All the best engineers are probably working on Halo infinite, crafting the -Yoink- Siamese twin of Fortnite and Call of Duty to implement more spending and random rewards....

Until then, you can figure out how to do the ghost maneuver yourself, and use it. Nothing is stopping you.

Except Wallace, when he dashboards.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. Do not bypass the filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. Do not bypass the filter. *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
In my original post I referred to a couple of players cheating and spawn killing using this glitch (But then I realized that is not allowed in this community, so I had to remove their names) One of those players has a very similar gamertag (And looking at your profile, both players are your friends, so I'm not surprised that you are trying to defend them). Also, please check my profile of me uploading a video a couple of days ago, saying "343 please patch this glitch plz share", because I really wanted to get that glitch fixed asap. If you have proofs of me cheating and spawn killing, you have all the rights to report me. Afortunately this glitch got fixed in today's update.
Recently I played CTF on CE and found two guys cheating with the Ghost. They were invincible, and they were spawn killing. What I saw is that, they were possessing the ghost because no one was driving it (I thought they were invisible but not).
This is them: https://youtu.be/-C91A-1aAac
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Brandabs wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. Do not bypass the filter. *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
In my original post I referred to a couple of players cheating and spawn killing using this glitch (But then I realized that is not allowed in this community, so I had to remove their names) One of those players has a very similar gamertag (And looking at your profile, both players are your friends, so I'm not surprised that you are trying to defend them). Also, please check my profile of me uploading a video a couple of days ago, saying "343 please patch this glitch plz share", because I really wanted to get that glitch fixed asap. If you have proofs of me cheating and spawn killing, you have all the rights to report me. Afortunately this glitch got fixed in today's update.
Don't worry, every single time we run into you in matchmaking we'll just farm you by other means. There are plenty of methods available that you can't cry into patching. There will be no game over via objective caps. Congrats.
I don't know who you are, but, thanks, I guess. And I would thank the moderators to close this post, since this issue has already been fixed, and there's some unrelated comments from trolls. So, there's no reason that this post should be opened.
Brandabs wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Don't worry, every single time we run into you in matchmaking we'll just farm you by other means. There are plenty of methods available that you can't cry into patching. There will be no game over via objective caps. Congrats.
If you want to kill matchmaking keep on farming the population is already low.
Locked per OP's request