Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Cheating is now a promblem, Somthing must be done.

OP MrGiggleButts

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I played a couple of games on MCC a while back and ended up playing a full team. During the match one of the opposing players hit multiple double kills with a sniper in mid air and one of the double kills he pulled off was a 180 snipe. My team agreed that something fishy was going on so I got into a chat with the suspected cheater. Not only did he admit to using Mouse and Keyboarded but his entire team was also using them.

If you're going to allow MK adapters or MK support then there needs to be an option to play with only controller user's. Using MK against controllers is absolutely cheating and if something isn't done you're only going to push people away.
Actually it's not cheating IMO. It's no more cheating than some one using an elite controller vs a regular controller. I don't think the mouse and keyboard gives any advantage in accuracy as they have to use the same program that you use. The difference in hard ware is negligible. It maybe more comfortable for some users who are more used to it than controllers and that can lead to better performance. I played better when I had my elite controller because of the paddles under the controller made things easier to do.

Edit: I was accused of cheating by some one a long time ago because I sniped them out of the hornet in a H2A match. I got a message saying I was a "hacker" and they reported me blah blah blah.... When all it was was a lucky shot by me.
LethalQ wrote:
Actually it's not cheating IMO. It's no more cheating than some one using an elite controller vs a regular controller. I don't think the mouse and keyboard gives any advantage in accuracy as they have to use the same program that you use. The difference in hard ware is negligible. It maybe more comfortable for some users who are more used to it than controllers and that can lead to better performance. I played better when I had my elite controller because of the paddles under the controller made things easier to do.

Edit: I was accused of cheating by some one a long time ago because I sniped them out of the hornet in a H2A match. I got a message saying I was a "hacker" and they reported me blah blah blah.... When all it was was a lucky shot by me.
You are very wrong. Mouse and keyboard give a huge advantage as it is much more responsive and accurate. This is common knowledge among fps junkies across the internet. Try and use a controller against people in any game on the computer and you will be dominated, including h2 via project cartographer.
LethalQ wrote:

You are very wrong. Mouse and keyboard give a huge advantage as it is much more responsive and accurate. This is common knowledge among fps junkies across the internet. Try and use a controller against people in any game on the computer and you will be dominated, including h2 via project cartographer.
That is on a computer.... Consoles are different. Consoles are by designed made to be equal. No matter what input device they have they have the same sites, settings, program, ect.

Edit: Also I dont know how truthful this post even is as I am reading about this mouse and keyboard support for Xbox one that just started in Nov 2018 and doesn't seem to be available on very many, if any games yet. I can't find anything that says MCC supports mouse and keyboard users yet.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

That is on a computer.... Consoles are different. Consoles are by designed made to be equal. No matter what input device they have they have the same sites, settings, program, ect.

Edit: Also I dont know how truthful this post even is as I am reading about this mouse and keyboard support for Xbox one that just started in Nov 2018 and doesn't seem to be available on very many, if any games yet. I can't find anything that says MCC supports mouse and keyboard users yet.
Do you have a source for that first paragraph that states it has the same input, settings, and programs? Genuinely curious.
Isn't Xbox now supporting mouse and keyboard? Definitely an advantage but not cheating if that's the case
I'd say it's a bit unfair, but not flat out cheating. It's an Xbox One feature after all. Mouse & keyboard users are way more rampant in the R6: Siege community (I've even made posts complaining about it), but it's still very possible to win against them. It gives an advantage no doubt, but not an overwhelming one from my experience.

With that said, I still believe KB&M support should be banned to keep things as fair as possible.
Its unfair and cheating it intercepts the controller signals and binds them to a mouse and key board. Meaning you can use it on games that do not allow mouse and keyboard. Microsoft does NOT sell it's own version of this adapter. Therefore they do not endorse it. It's not EXACTLY as accurate as a pc mk but it's way more precise than any controller you will ever use.
More info. Consoles use aim assist while most pc games do not. Why? Because it's easier to aim with a mouse and keyboard than it is with a controller. That's why console games baby your aim.
Now imagine the gap of a controller user vs a mk user.
Hahaha the controller user has no chance unless he is driving a vehicle.
Check out the xim3 for info. 100% cheating
I noticed this, I played some games of team snipers and there were guys getting 30+ kills a game with multiple overkills etc. I thought something was going on, because I've never seen even pros dominate that hard. I checked out their clips on their profile and they were definitely using a mouse and keyboard. It's 100% an advantage. I don't play team snipers because of this. A mouse along with the aim assist of the xbox is not a fair combination, there is a reason pc games don't usually have aim assist at all.
Elekt wrote:
Isn't Xbox now supporting mouse and keyboard? Definitely an advantage but not cheating if that's the case
I think a better description may be Xbox is allowing devs to support MK for their games.
While it may not be entirely 'fair' I don't know if there's a way to discourage or disallow the action. I would recommend just avoiding playlists you think you might see this in or crossing your fingers when searching for games.
LethalQ wrote:

Lethal....... Rath is correct on his post, a mouse and keyboard are way more responsive and way more accurate than a controller, its very hard for a controller to even hold a candle to a mouse and keyboard especially when it comes to any first person shooter period.

Lethal also I wanted to point out a console really is not that much different to a computer to be completely honest almost everything you can do on a computer you can do it on a console and vice versa. A console is basically a portable laptop/computer if you really think about it, minus some features and components.
Elekt wrote:
I think a better description may be Xbox is allowing devs to support MK for their games.
While it may not be entirely 'fair' I don't know if there's a way to discourage or disallow the action. I would recommend just avoiding playlists you think you might see this in or crossing your fingers when searching for games.
Yeah I can't do anything about it or see what can even be done about it, so I just avoid team snipers entirely. But that in itself is a problem. If everybody avoids team snipers because of this we might end up with no team snipers at all.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

This.
I challenge anyone to show us something that proves KBM is supported in MCC right now...
AshamanND wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

This.
I challenge anyone to show us something that proves KBM is supported in MCC right now...
It's not "supported" by the devs but it is attainable. I generally try to avoid spreading awareness of the method because I believe that leads to more use.
AshamanND wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

This.
It's not "supported" by the devs but it is attainable. I generally try to avoid spreading awareness of the method because I believe that leads to more use.
I suppose that is proof enough for me.
So if it is not supported by the devs, that would mean the devs technically don't allow for it.

Sounds like cheating to me.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Do you have a source for that first paragraph that states it has the same input, settings, and programs? Genuinely curious.
Why would they change? What programing does a mouse and keyboard contain? If I disconnect my controller and then hook up a mouse and keyboard isn't the only difference instead of scrolling with a thumbstick I would now use a mouse or whatever? Instead of moving a sight in the game with a thumbstick you would move it with a mouse.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

This.
I suppose that is proof enough for me.
So if it is not supported by the devs, that would mean the devs technically don't allow for it.

Sounds like cheating to me.
Not supported by the developers but is attainable? Sounds pretty fishy to me. I would have to see some sort of proof, but that is just me.
LethalQ
I did a google search. It seems that there are devices you can buy which will let a K+M talk to the X1 and use on any game essentially.

The K+M support that was announced by MS not long ago is something that will be 'automatic' and in the software/OS for the X1. And the individual game developers will have to allow for their games to utilize that functionality. MCC and H5 don't.

Those purchasable devices basically by-pass the dev restrictions and make it possible for anything.

K+M offers significantly superior control and precision, especially for users who are skilled. The best K+M player of any particular FPS will ALWAYS beat the best controller player.
You can use an adapter
AshamanND wrote:
LethalQI did a google search. It seems that there are devices you can buy which will let a K+M talk to the X1 and use on any game essentially.

The K+M support that was announced by MS not long ago is something that will be 'automatic' and in the software/OS for the X1. And the individual game developers will have to allow for their games to utilize that functionality. MCC and H5 don't.

Those purchasable devices basically by-pass the dev restrictions and make it possible for anything.

K+M offers significantly superior control and precision, especially for users who are skilled. The best K+M player of any particular FPS will ALWAYS beat the best controller player.
Yeah some one sent me a link with some video and even in the video the guy says the device changes the inputs of the mouse and keyboard to Xbox one controller inputs. So it seems still as I said that it's more of a comfort and preference. Some one who has gamed with mouse and keyboard can probably do well with it. But I saw nothing in the videos that showed a huge advantage. I have seen players making the same shots with a controller.
LethalQ,
I hear what you're saying, and I don't disbelieve what you've seen.

However, I am talking more generally in the overall KBM vs controller world.
Halo has a very limited sample size to compare top players that play on PC (because Halo isn't really on PC essentially) and top players that play on console.

Need to pick a game where it's available on both, and then compare.
Then realize that the differences noted would also be present in a Halo setting.

I'll link some Doom videos and Destiny videos later and lmk what you think.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2