Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Community Update 4.3.2015 Discussion Thread

OP GuitarHeroAero

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey everyone!

Thoughts on this week's community update? I'm glad they'll be focusing on ranks in MCC. Really disappointed that there's still absolutely no word on Spartan Strike...

Check out the update here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-4-3-15
Wow, would you look at that, it's absolutely nothing!
To be honest i m glad that they aren t doing nothing with spartan strike and i hope that they re gonna cancel it until MCC is playble well.Also this update doesn t do that much ,We waited a month to this to deliver and problably iT isn t going to work how they meant it.343i is pretty lazy with the MCC they put only 5 new playlist after the launch and it took them 4 months to put team Doubles
"Hey, um, there's stuff coming. We won't give an exact date because, um, we always do that, but yeah. Stuff is coming soon. Also, there's this thing called Hunt the Truth. It's this thing, and if you haven't checked it out, um, check it out. kthnxbai"
How long does it take to make an objective playlist? They're so lazy. They obviously need release dates to give themselves dates to complete stuff, they're too slow.

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
Are ranks in yet? If not, I don't care.
Ranks are not in yet.. Ranking coming soon.. lol
Duuuhh wrote:
Ranks, quitting penalties, systems for betrayal and about dozen other things are nothing?

What do you people want, then to give out winning lottery tickets? They could literally make MCC run perfectly and then you people would probably deny it even runs!
The hate here is getting so sad.... oh they are lazy it took them to long to do this or that. Well if you are so talented at making games work go apply for a job at 343. They clearly need the help of some one of your expertise. I am sure you could code it up in a few hours right? To me if this next patch does as good as the last one it should make some massive improvements again.
Duuuhh wrote:

Ranks, quitting penalties, systems for betrayal and about dozen other things are nothing?

What do you people want, then to give out winning lottery tickets? They could literally make MCC run perfectly and then you people would probably deny it even runs!
Perch on brother. I'm still enjoying hearing the quiters cry in the other forums. This update is actually doing a lot to fix things people want. but the "Entitled" still cry like they cured cancer and we should roll red carpets wherever they go.
LethalQ wrote:
The hate here is getting so sad.... oh they are lazy it took them to long to do this or that. Well if you are so talented at making games work go apply for a job at 343. They clearly need the help of some one of your expertise. I am sure you could code it up in a few hours right? To me if this next patch does as good as the last one it should make some massive improvements again.
Exactly. I'm going to school to learn how to code and it is not easy. You can have everything working great. then you input the next line of code and pow, everything is broken. And you have to go line by line to see what screwed up to turn out it was one vaule written 3000 lines prior, and then you go the fix it, which ends up breaking 5 more things and fixing those break even more and in the end you have to delete everything and start all the way over. These kids today have no idea the challenge that 343 is under trying to fix all this. You people really need to relax
"...and the team is putting on the finishing touches, and running final test passes..."

Really? are these final tests actually going to work? Because last couple of patches, I have not noticed a single improvement.

"...which focuses on ranking..."

REALLY? RANKS?! Majority of the world (excluding the US) can't even get an operating matchmaking system and we go right ahead and play with those meaningless numbers called ranks!?

Seriously? RANKS!?

I'd rather get just a population counter in the next... 'Content' update...
"...and the team is putting on the finishing touches, and running final test passes..."

Really? are these final tests actually going to work? Because last couple of patches, I have not noticed a single improvement.

"...which focuses on ranking..."

REALLY? RANKS?! Majority of the world (excluding the US) can't even get an operating matchmaking system and we go right ahead and play with those meaningless numbers called ranks!?

Well we all know the world doesn't exist outside of the U.S. so yeah we should add ranks. :)
LethalQ wrote:
If I was working full time as a developer at 343, just myself, I could have made more improvements then what they have since launch. If they decided to make the game open source and let the community fix it? There wouldn't have been a single bug complaint after Christmas.

343 has been handling MCC as a giant joke and they clearly don't care about it anywhere near how much they care about halo 5. Which is a complete shame because if anything they should be reaching out to the veteran players trying to get on their good side and come back after what happened with halo 4.
Warning warning warning

This thread is really making fanboys sad... there will be more coming telling you how hard it is to fix software. Coding is difficult. They are trying... come on guys... cut them a break....

Lmfao

RELIC COMING SOON
RANKING COMING SOON
You know. The thing that stood out to me is this. I have watched complaints on 343 and how they handled things being talked about. Tried to turn the other cheek. But...

The thing that stood out to me is the size of the fix update versus the halo 5 update was astoundong. I think this update says alot just by this difference in topics. this could show which is more important to 343...

Sorry all you 343 guys, I know the hate is coming and it's ok... you'll tell me how I hate blah blah blah...

Happy Easter!
Yesterday they didn't put out a community update. they said the same crap they said the week before. ranks, relic, quitters, betrayers. more info later though, none right now.
Their weekly updates have even less content than practically all of the old Bungie ones.

I am very impressed.
I'm still amazed at the defense of 343i. This update said nothing other than "coming soon" (which we've heard since the game was released) and the game is still barely functional. A load of issues have not even been acknowledged at this point.

Coding is hard? Yeah, as someone who has a degree in mathematics, I can agree with that. That doesn't excuse the fact that 343i did an amazingly bad job with the game and released a buggy mess. It isn't okay to release an unfinished product.
Duuuhh wrote:

Sigh.

He meant the update told us nothing new. We heard the exact same info last blog post.

What changes to ranks? What are the quit penalties? What are the dozen other things specifically fixing? Is it coming out 3 days or 3 weeks from now?

Yeah. I can see your point. What a super update.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2