Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Considering buying MCC, few questions

OP SStrikerRC3

Hey all,

It's cheap and I miss H2/3, so I'm thinking why not? I avoided it early on because of the glitches and whatnot, but I still would like to play. However, I have a few questions first.

1. What playlists are in the game? I would probably spend most of my time playing a ranked Halo 3 playlist if possible.
2. What's the population like/how long does it take to get matches?
3. Is there anything else I should know?
Hey all,

It's cheap and I miss H2/3, so I'm thinking why not? I avoided it early on because of the glitches and whatnot, but I still would like to play. However, I have a few questions first.

1. What playlists are in the game? I would probably spend most of my time playing a ranked Halo 3 playlist if possible.
Buy it used, don't give 343 your money especially after they abandoned this game after only a year.
Population is decent. However since the population dropped due to 343i not supporting the game the search parameters for ranked games were expanded. A team of level 1s can match against 50s making it pretty unbalanced thanks to 343.
Hey all,

Buy it used, don't give 343 your money especially after they abandoned this game after only a year.
Population is decent. However since the population dropped due to 343i not supporting the game the search parameters for ranked games were expanded. A team of level 1s can match against 50s making it pretty unbalanced thanks to 343.
That's unfortunate, but I don't necessarily mind that. Trial by fire and all. It'll force me to improve faster.
I wouldn't get it if you want to play seriously and competitively. Halo 3 has issues with hit registration (sometimes ... seems like the bullet spread is too much, I don't know how to explain it, the shots don't hit the same like on the 360 version a lot of the time), the ranking is obnoxious, too many of the playlists are cross-game, so even if you like Halo 3, you never get to play CE when you get a hankering for it. And CE & H2 are not the Xbox versions, they're ports of the PC versions.

There are a lot, and I mean A LOT, of downsides to this game.

However, it is four Halo games (five if you get ODST for $5), every map ever (even the PC maps for CE & H2 and all the DLC maps for all games), forge modes for H3, H4, and H2A, multiplayer for CE, H2, H2A, H3, & H4, 4 player splitscreen on all titles, all 1080p (except H2A has a slightly lower resolution because apparently the switching graphics & sound feature was a lot to process and run at full 1080p), all 60fps. It's one of those things where if it was just the campaigns remastered and no multiplayer, I'd gladly pay $60 for it. But because of all the issues and apparent inability to completely fix after over two years even though they said they would, it definitely cheapens the game. I think it was just too ambitious of a project to do while also working on Halo 5 and they got in over their heads while trying to rush out the door on Halo 2's 10 year anniversary.

It's great fun to hop in the multiplayer and play some Halo (especially BTB), even the changes made to Halo 4's Slayer are great since they removed loadouts and armor abilities, but if you're looking to relive anything or put your competitive britches back on and start a new career of ranking up and kicking butt, you're in for a headache ... or serious challenge if you have serious patience.

It's definitely a must have if it's cheap ... you can fire it up and get a match in Halo 2 and Halo 3, just don't go in with your rose-tinted glasses on.
Thanks. Honestly, at this point it's cheap enough for me to buy just to have all the campaigns in one place. I never even played Halo 4. So I'm thinking I'll get it, even if I don't end up playing any of the multiplayer.
Thanks. Honestly, at this point it's cheap enough for me to buy just to have all the campaigns in one place. I never even played Halo 4. So I'm thinking I'll get it, even if I don't end up playing any of the multiplayer.
Absolutely! Even though it has a lot of issues the campaign works pretty well. i've had very few issues with it, the most of the problems are with the multiplayer and the achievement sistem. By the way, even if it has issues it's very cheap so i can't see why you shouldn't buy it.
Get the game, there is tons to do, you won't regret it
Matchmaking works fast I'm never waiting too long for the playlist I play. (H2A, H4, team slayer, BTB, and infection. All the campaigns works smooth plus you have Spartan ops and ODST campaign for 5$. Must buy for a Halo fan especially if the price was dropped.
I would suggest getting it from CD keys. It's going for $10 dollars. Or if you don't like digital, the collectors copy is going cheap on Amazon.
Buy MCC when it becomes FREE. :) Save yourself some pennies
Forget ranked Halo 3 if you run solo
Search time are normal for most people or hours if youre an Aussie
Read the MCC forums, theres duplicate threads of anything you can think of. Even about hit registration problems thats been going on for 10 years.
I've been playing through CE's campaign so far, as well as some Team Hardcore. Getting my -Yoink- beat a lot of the time, but I don't expect to do that well right off the bat so I'm alright with it. I feel bad for my teammates, but I'll get better lol
Buy MCC when it becomes FREE. :) Save yourself some pennies
Forget ranked Halo 3 if you run solo
Search time are normal for most people or hours if youre an Aussie
Read the MCC forums, theres duplicate threads of anything you can think of. Even about hit registration problems thats been going on for 10 years.
I would not recommend this option. Buying a used copy of MCC for a cheap or cheap-ish price is better, because holding out for the day when MCC is offered as a free Game with Gold may take a very, very long time (or not) and also because you'll have to pay for Xbox Live Gold as long as you want to play Master Chief Collection.
I would say go for its. It's a great collection of games and the population is decent.