Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Consumers Truth: Why release a unfinished product?

OP TC Delete

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
TC DELETE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crdLvZHVoWA ---------------- WATCH THIS VID

I, as a consumer, feel BETRAYED buying a product that was presented to me to be without such error that we are witnessing now. Every aspect of the game is broken, bugged, glitched, and/or otherwise unpleasant in any way.

I understand there are thousands and thousands of code put into this game, I do not expect a fix as soon as people think, all I am saying is why would you release an unfinished product?

The fact that their updates say it is fixed for some users is what will keep everyone raging. If 343 actually came out and said "We have a major issue with our Matchmaking service and other components of the game and we apologize for this inconvenience, but we anticipate a fix for these problems next week to get it right," I and many others think that the community would actually embrace their effort a lot more than what is happening now.

Halo is iconic, it started with campaign in Combat Evolved on November 15, 2001, but you can only play campaign so many times, maybe on different difficulties, with friends, use different skulls etc., but campaign did not keep many consumers and myself to keep purchasing Xbox Live Subscriptions to play Halo, it did not make me follow Halo's billion dollar franchise and be a consumer this long, MATCHMAKING did that. Matchmaking is what kept us going, kept us paying our subscriptions and playing the game. Matchmaking is what made over 3.4 billion dollars in game sales alone. Usually when you beat a game's story or campaign, you forget about it and move on to another game, but that was not the case with Halo because we were introduced to online FPS in a way we could never forget.

I want to read your opinions on this. Post as much as you want so 343 can read it too. I want your constructive criticism!

I want to remind everybody that this is totally a constructive post. I am trying to get somewhere with this, it is not useless.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I kinda like a company ran by one guy gets on social media and states, "We appreciate your feedback/business!" There is no "We", but it makes it sound like there is more of an impact when it's said and done.

In this case, there probably aren't a lot of people experiencing smooth Multiplayer, but by stating "It's working for more people now" it gives people this sense of comfort "knowing" it's getting fixed and working for more people.
It has honestly been better for me at least. I have found a few games today rather quickly. Have also had to wait awhile. Regardless, it is still getting worked on and improving. I understand the frustration, trust me haha. Just be patient folks..
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Wow 343 just can't win with you people. All morning its "WERE ARE THE UPDATES,THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION!!"

Now its "STOP GIVING US FALSE HOPE AND -Yoinking!- US!!"

Hilarious
BRUHBQ wrote:
I kinda like a company ran by one guy gets on social media and states, "We appreciate your feedback/business!" There is no "We", but it makes it sound like there is more of an impact when it's said and done.

In this case, there probably aren't a lot of people experiencing smooth Multiplayer, but by stating "It's working for more people now" it gives people this sense of comfort "knowing" it's getting fixed and working for more people.
You're right, it is complete false hope. We have no way of proving any of that, they just want us to accept it. It's complete BS.
TC Delete wrote:
We bought a game, expected it to work, and it does not. Why would you release this? No one expects a game to have bugs or not work for the most part when buying it!

Stop giving us verbiage updates that lead no where and give the community false hope.

We do not know if people are actually finding games, BECAUSE NONE OF US CAN FIND ANY. So stop saying "Oh Matchmaking is working for some people now... for the rest of you, we're still trying..."

Do something that will work for everybody and that we can clearly see!

I want to read your opinions on this. Post as much as you want so 343 can read it too.
I hardly call what they are doing lying. Do you know how hard it is to fix issues like this? Sometimes updates don't do the trick but others might. They are at least doing something to make this right. How would you like it if they do nothing at all. These threads are becoming ridiculous. They are not constructive in any way and are just there to spew hate.
I understand, but come on, these people made Halo 4, did that game have issues at launch?? NO! So how does this even happen?? It makes absolutely no sense.
TC Delete wrote:
We bought a game, expected it to work, and it does not. Why would you release this? No one expects a game to have bugs or not work for the most part when buying it!

Stop giving us verbiage updates that lead no where and give the community false hope.

We do not know if people are actually finding games, BECAUSE NONE OF US CAN FIND ANY. So stop saying "Oh Matchmaking is working for some people now... for the rest of you, we're still trying..."

I want to read your opinions on this. Post as much as you want so 343 can read it too.

I hardly call what they are doing lying. Do you know how hard it is to fix issues like this? Sometimes updates don't do the trick but others might. They are at least doing something to make this right. How would you like it if they do nothing at all. These threads are becoming ridiculous. They are not constructive in any way and are just there to spew hate.
Well duh I'm spewing hate because I'm a consumer that is frustrated as many others are. When you buy something and don't get what you expect, you should not be happy! I am expressing that emotion. I want people to express it because that's how things get done at a better rate. We as the consumers must not stop and be pushovers and say "yeah it's programming, it takes a while to fix that," blah blah blah. Don't let them off the hook.
If a dog ever bites your hand, I guarantee you won't ever forget that. Most people won't forget how 343 screwed this up.
TC Delete wrote:
TC Delete wrote:

Well duh I'm spewing hate because I'm a consumer that is frustrated as many others are. When you buy something and don't get what you expect, you should not be happy! I am expressing that emotion. I want people to express it because that's how things get done at a better rate. We as the consumers must not stop and be pushovers and say "yeah it's programming, it takes a while to fix that," blah blah blah. Don't let them off the hook.
Wow! You completely miss interpreted what I said. I said it is ok to complain as long as it is constructive. This isn't constructive. This is a pointless attempt to get your anger out. Yes this sucks but that's technology for you. It doesn't always work. Learn that.
Wow 343 just can't win with you people. All morning its "WERE ARE THE UPDATES,THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION!!"

Now its "STOP GIVING US FALSE HOPE AND -Yoinking!- US!!"Hilarious
I agree, though it's hard to fault the masses for their frustration at this point. Even if a complete fix happened 17 seconds from now, there's still going to be some anger and bitterness for awhile.
TC Delete wrote:

You're making the same assumption that you're accusing 343 of doing saying that it doesnt work for everyone. Just speak for yourself on these matters. I've gotten in over 20 games since this morning, so it is improving. Xbox live is currently having issues atm. Do you want them to provide you with detailed graphs and statistics that show how many people are actually connecting? Would it even matter to you if they did that? Admit it, it wont. You just care if you can play multiplayer, you don't want to see any other information. Which is why it's not posted because it's irrelevant.
TC Delete wrote:
If a dog ever bites your hand, I guarantee you won't ever forget that. Most people won't forget how 343 screwed this up.
Boo hoo. It's a game! That is a terrible analogy to bring in. Those things are completely different. If you are going to keep complaining just stop playing the game. You're obviously too impatient to wait it out.
TC Delete wrote:
But when that dog provides you with years of fun and companionship after that, are you still gonna hold it against him?
TC Delete wrote:

But when that dog provides you with years of fun and companionship after that, are you still gonna hold it against him?
This.
TC Delete wrote:
I understand, but come on, these people made Halo 4, did that game have issues at launch?? NO! So how does this even happen?? It makes absolutely no sense.

...yes, it did. What are you talking about? People were getting thrown on hoppers instead of main servers, guns were -Yoink-, etc.
TC Delete wrote:
I will. I'm fairly certain they weren't sitting with their thumbs up their -Yoinks!- for this game and that they are trying to get it fixed for everyone's sake. If they really rushed it out before it was done I would be more willing to blame Microsoft and assume they were laying the pressure on 343 and not that 343 was just screwing around and didn't care like some people think.
Eh, kinda tired of these threads now
Eh, kinda tired of these threads now
We all are. The constructive criticism needs to return but sadly, it most likely won't.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24