Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Consumers Truth: Why release a unfinished product?

OP TC Delete

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 24
Hopefully this launch and all of the other disappointing launches in general for next gen consoles don't foreshadow what is to come in terms of gaming as whole. Hopefully those PC master race people weren't right...
anyone wanna run customs add me Swindle Saiyan
Please use the gamertag swap thread for these requests and don't post such customs, recruiting or gamertag swap requests inside other threads. Thanks.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/504760bd1678460abcc89e5f5e1ad7a1/topics/customs-leave-gt-here-ot3/714037d9-f48a-443c-9243-50ce62185dc2/posts
Oh here is a new update...not that I would want to play it anyway, but halo 4 isn't even in the matchmaking list....hmm. Unless you guys took it off to fix something,...which I hope is the case,... I am baffled. I only want to play matchmaking on halo 2, halo 2 ann, and halo 3 anyway. Period. But wait,.. that may be asking too much... how about just one of the games working correctly??? Oh ya, halo 3 still worked fine when I played it on my 360 the day before and of MCC launch. lol. Seriously guys??
Believe me I will be the first to praise boldly and loudly, 343/Microsoft/whoever is in charge lol, if you can actually get the entire game to work properly. But, until then your fan base is NOT HAPPY! Everyone that is a Halo fan, you all need to continually SPAM the forums until they fix everything and get their acts together. Rise up, we spent our hard earned dollars for this???????????? I won't be throwing my money out of the window like this on Halo 5 if your efforts continue to yield such results, tarnishing something that we all once loved... RIP Halo you are loved and will be remembered how you once lived and not how you died.
And has it ever occurred to you that they are trying to fix this and that they're getting tired of the constant hate spam? I'd like to see you try to fix this issue yourself and then tell me just how easy it is.
I'm finding HALO 2 anniversary games in 2 minutes or less, but not the other playlists, lol.
UmiBot wrote:
You people seem to think it is so easy to fix bugs in a game, go ask any programmer in the world and they will tell you that the larger the program the harder it is to resolve problems without creating more, now think about it with MCC, 4 games completely ported to a different system with things taken out and replaced with a unified interface.
You can't expect 343 to just have the problems fixed within a day or two, especially not with people constantly screaming at them. I wouldn't be surprised if 343 just wanted to abandon Halo with the way you treat them.
The problem here is that they shouldn't have released it if it wasn't ready. There are two possible situations: either 1) they knew about the problems and went ahead anyway (whether or not because of pressure from Microsoft is irrelevant) showing carelessness and a "We can just fix it later" mentality, or 2) they didn't know about the problems, showing a complete lack of preparation and testing and a "It's Halo, they'll buy it anyway" mentality. Either option is incredibly unfair to you, connorlawd2k9, and me, the consumers.

The reason behind all the rage isn't because we are all pre-pubescent 12 year olds who are upset because the game Mommy bought us doesn't work. We are upset because the "game" we purchased (and I purchased a XB1 and XBL JUST to be able to play this ONE game) doesn't work. It is unplayable.

I know it isn't easy to fix, but I'm pretty darn sure it would have been a whole lot easier to test, retest, and test one more time BEFORE release with a large number of players to prepare for the inevitable server overload on launch day. This is a HUGE lack of preparation, plain and simple.
Did the update work well?
T1G SMERF wrote:
Did the update work well?
I haven't noticed any difference. I started Halo and found 2 games one after the other, and have been searching for another ever since. It's been about 45 minutes.
Sometimes i warm up lemonade in the microwave and pour it on my feet while waiting for a match. You guys should try it. Seems to speed up matchmaking

(Lolol)
Dats funy
JGar2011 wrote:
UmiBot wrote:
You people seem to think it is so easy to fix bugs in a game, go ask any programmer in the world and they will tell you that the larger the program the harder it is to resolve problems without creating more, now think about it with MCC, 4 games completely ported to a different system with things taken out and replaced with a unified interface.
You can't expect 343 to just have the problems fixed within a day or two, especially not with people constantly screaming at them. I wouldn't be surprised if 343 just wanted to abandon Halo with the way you treat them.

let them... the series shouldve stayed at rest no matter how bad i wanted this game....destroying it like this isnt fair to a game ive held to a higher standard for

its hardly destroyed... unfortunate yes, but they didn't destroy the game, it will be fixxed in time and then we can all kill each other in the virtual world of halo that we love so much
i guess i mean the higher standard i held halo too was destroyed , its jjust one game that was great to me barring maybe reach , i understand those games were old and on a different system while still having their problems at launch too, i get its a super difficult process still but ITS THEIR JOB and should not of been released in this state period...the game may be fixed eventually but it will be no time soon lol and to me all that is heartbreaking
THIS IS FANTASTIC
Starting custom game lobby. Send me message if you want invite.
Please use the official gamertag swap thread or the recruiting forum for customs and GT swaps.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/504760bd1678460abcc89e5f5e1ad7a1/topics/customs-leave-gt-here-ot3/714037d9-f48a-443c-9243-50ce62185dc2/posts
UmiBot wrote:

The problem here is that they shouldn't have released it if it wasn't ready. There are two possible situations: either 1) they knew about the problems and went ahead anyway (whether or not because of pressure from Microsoft is irrelevant) showing carelessness and a "We can just fix it later" mentality, or 2) they didn't know about the problems, showing a complete lack of preparation and testing and a "It's Halo, they'll buy it anyway" mentality. Either option is incredibly unfair to you, connorlawd2k9, and me, the consumers.

The reason behind all the rage isn't because we are all pre-pubescent 12 year olds who are upset because the game Mommy bought us doesn't work. We are upset because the "game" we purchased (and I purchased a XB1 and XBL JUST to be able to play this ONE game) doesn't work. It is unplayable.

I know it isn't easy to fix, but I'm pretty darn sure it would have been a whole lot easier to test, retest, and test one more time BEFORE release with a large number of players to prepare for the inevitable server overload on launch day. This is a HUGE lack of preparation, plain and simple.
PERFECTLY said
I think what irked me the most was them saying on one of the initial problem posts, "XBOX Live is having issues right now too...." Ooooooh! Well f*** me sideways! Nevermind then, so sorry to trouble you guys. Everyone -Yoink- is broken so we can be broken too.

Except live was working fine. At least they're accepting some blame now. Some.
JGar2011 wrote:
UmiBot wrote:

PERFECTLY said
They spent too much time and money making that dumb tv channel and fancy commercials. Miss allocation of priorities.
In case you haven't noticed this game is 4 games in one. Also all the maps and things that all need to work together at one time. Yea if there is a problem it might take a couple of days to figure out exactly whats wrong and where the problem is coming from. Its like a vehicle, if one sensor goes wrong you will want to check the whole car to isolate the problem. Same with a game this size! so just wait play customs, find some friends, or beat the campaign. I appreciate everything 343 has done for the Halo community and people like yourself are killing the game.
TC Delete wrote:
I understand, but come on, these people made Halo 4, did that game have issues at launch?? NO! So how does this even happen?? It makes absolutely no sense.
Ummmmm......yeah it did. I was one of the people that got locked into a hopper that had noone else playing it. I couldn't party up with my friends, or find a matchmade game for over a month. Do a google search on it, it was so frustrating, and actually made me not even play the game that much, because by the time I was finally able to play it, my friends were moving on to the next best thing.
DrBalls wrote:
JGar2011 wrote:
UmiBot wrote:

PERFECTLY said

They spent too much time and money making that dumb tv channel and fancy commercials. Miss allocation of priorities.
You sir, are correct. Those 28 million dollars put into Nightfall are sorely missed in MCC.
r00kie wrote:
In case you haven't noticed this game is 4 games in one. Also all the maps and things that all need to work together at one time. Yea if there is a problem it might take a couple of days to figure out exactly whats wrong and where the problem is coming from. Its like a vehicle, if one sensor goes wrong you will want to check the whole car to isolate the problem. Same with a game this size! so just wait play customs, find some friends, or beat the campaign. I appreciate everything 343 has done for the Halo community and people like yourself are killing the game.
I've been a hardcore fan of all of the Halo games since Christmas of 2001 (a little over a month after the release of Halo: CE). I've beaten every campaign on LASO (when available), I've climbed every rank to 50 or Onyx (expect Halo 2 because modding/standby), and have easily put over 25,000 games into Halo. I've read every single book/comic, I've seen every vidoc/commercial/film/cartoon there is about Halo. I know Halo inside and out. It is by FAR my favorite game. That is why I am so upset.

I'm trying to get Halo working again, and if I just say I'm going to be patient, maybe they won't feel the pressure of losing a fan as loyal as me.
There is no difference in any of these updates I can talk coming from Australia that these updates seem to be just -Yoink- talk.. Couldn't agree more with this. all the people saying just be patient why should we enjoy want to play halo we have a right to complain when the -Yoinked!- yo this bad !
LimyComet wrote:
There is no difference in any of these updates I can talk coming from Australia that these updates seem to be just -Yoink- talk.. Couldn't agree more with this. all the people saying just be patient why should we enjoy want to play halo we have a right to complain when the -Yoinked!- yo this bad !
ya but you have to understand their problem too, its a business someone im sure got reamed John Holman style, and the team feels bad enough, this is their work and they feel bad enough already, their working on it, how would you feel if you were trying to fix something with an entire community telling you that you suck
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 24