2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Just a heads up this is an issue that is being looked into
https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1034437070750531584
ZacBum wrote:
jeanff02 wrote:
Game will not get past "Contacting server to get the latest matchmaking data. Please wait."

Oh boy am I not surprised.
I have the same problem
Add me to the list... was fine earlier today though
Yep im trying to play w/ this random lfg kid on on halo 2 its not letting me do campaign either :(
It’s not just a MCC problem guys, give it a bit.
Still having the same issue.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Same here. Was working perfectly before for the first time ever. Was having the time of my life reliving old memories and meeting guys online.
He likes meeting guys online.
Lmao shut the -Yoink- up I thought someone might say this but I was like stuff it.
You set yourself up for it you liberal -Yoink-.
Hahaha
I’m too young and Australian to know what a liberal is.
Bump.
Same boat as you guys. I came back for this.... if its not fixed soon I'm uninstalling the game and probably forgetting Halo for the foreseeable future. Seriously.... it sucks enough trying to play living outside of the US. I had hoped they had prepared for a big DL push, I had assumed they wanted this to be a big player jump- a push to get people back... so they would have taken the needed precaution to not impede player enjoyment AGAIN. And yet, after 72 more gigabytes of their fixes... its still sitting broken...
Last straw guys.
Zelliam wrote:
Bump.
Same boat as you guys. I came back for this.... if its not fixed soon I'm uninstalling the game and probably forgetting Halo for the foreseeable future. Seriously.... it sucks enough trying to play living outside of the US. I had hoped they had prepared for a big DL push, I had assumed they wanted this to be a big player jump- a push to get people back... so they would have taken the needed precaution to not impede player enjoyment AGAIN. And yet, after 72 more gigabytes of their fixes... its still sitting broken...
Last straw guys.
Yep, I canceled my game pass for September and idk if I'll go back to supporting that service when they butchered the game so bad just to get it on game pass in time for fall. Aside from ea always messing up, 343 is the second worse studio that I know of when it comes to killing people's hopes and dreams.
Jesus you guys need to relax, it's not just an issue with MCC -- it's also an issue with Halo 5. Be patient, they're investigating it.

http://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1034437070750531584
I know get "Contacting Transport Service" so maybe it's getting closer to being fixed
Dude why can’t a spartan just play mcc multiplayer come on.
Fantastic. Wasn't able to play yesterday because of work and the insanely large 70+ gig update. Was hoping to get on after my shift and enjoy a few hours of some fresh MCC content.

Low and behold, this is turning out to be exactly like MCC's notorious first launch, except worse. At least you were able to matchmake for a few hours at a time back then, but now you cant even connect to an online lobby. Way to take one step forward and two steps back, 343. 👏
Come on guys it's 343....did you really expect an update this massive to go smoothly? Of course there is going to be issues when it rolls out. Wait till it goes to game pass and even more try and download it.
They are having some problems. FYI: Services Issue 8/28/18
Don't know why they're saying halo 5 is down. I'm playing that because i can't play MCC because of this error. Should revert the update because i could play that just fine
Don't you love how everyone that bought this game has had to put up with this s*** (STILL) while they attempt get the game ready for the gamepass?

I've been optimistic but this isn't a great start.
How long will this be back up operating normally? Cause I really want to try a few mcc matches
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Perhaps it's a good thing they didn't release this update the day this goes to Gamepass. Suppose I'll spend my day off watching Mr. Plinkett's Last Jedi review and playing through the campaigns, then.
I restarted the console and it gets past that screen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3