Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Could 343 possibly tweak H2's Legendary?

OP A So So Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Do you think it's possible 343 could create their own variant of H2's Legendary difficulty, like tweaking encounters and toning down the enemy rate of fire, accuracy, reaction time, and health? They could do what Bungie didn't have time for: creating a Legendary difficulty that can be promptly described as a 'fun challenge'.

For those who don't want to lose the original Legendary, 343 would keep it as a difficulty of it's own, titled 'Mythic' or 'Nightmare' difficulty, with the description saying it's the original H2 Legendary. Then 343 could give the new Legendary it's own LASO playlist and rename the original playlist 'MASO' or 'Mythic LASO,' and change the description of the H2 LASO achievement so it says to complete a H2 LASO playlist, like the ODST LASO achievement does.

They definitely could do this in the spring update, and since it's basically new content, could further encourage people to purchase the MCC. Add some more anniversary maps and scrap cross-game playlists and you got the greatest H2 experience yet, as well as making it easier for mere mortals like ourselves to get that LASO achievement. Everybody wins.

Thoughts?
Simplify
Do you think it's possible 343 could create their own variant of H2's Legendary difficulty, like tweaking encounters and toning down the enemy rate of fire, accuracy, reaction time, and health? They could do what Bungie didn't have time for: creating a Legendary difficulty that can be promptly described as a 'fun challenge'.

For those who don't want to lose the original Legendary, 343 would keep it as a difficulty of it's own, titled 'Mythic' or 'Nightmare' difficulty, with the description saying it's the original H2 Legendary. Then 343 could give the new Legendary it's own LASO playlist and rename the original playlist 'MASO' or 'Mythic LASO,' and change the description of the H2 LASO achievement so it says to complete a H2 LASO playlist, like the ODST LASO achievement does.

They definitely could do this in the spring update, and since it's basically new content, could further encourage people to purchase the MCC. Add some more anniversary maps and scrap cross-game playlists and you got the greatest H2 experience yet, as well as making it easier for mere mortals like ourselves to get that LASO achievement. Everybody wins.

Thoughts?
No
More than likely, no. Halo 2 already plays slightly differently than on the Xbox, but that's only because it's the Windows Vista version of the game, and the most obvious difference is the carbine's rate of fire. Trying to edit the gameplay itself would likely do more harm than good. Legendary Halo 2 isn't too bad once you learn the enemy spawning patterns and are patient, however. The first few levels, for example, are relatively simple to speed run on Legendary after a little bit of practice. You can even skip nearly every Jackal sniper on Outskirts by just going on top of the buildings.
I agree it’s a bad idea.

H2 is difficult on legendary, but that shouldn’t be toned down. Once you know how to play H2, legendary is downright easy.
NO. Just... no. Absolutely not.
Get better at the game.
No,it wouldnt turn out good.
That's called Heroic...

Nobody is forced to play on Legendary and not every achievement is meant to be obtained by every player.
Even thought H2 Legendary is probably the worst in experience and gameplay, turn on Scarab, Envy and Bandana. Even though it still took effort and working co-op with a 2nd player, this helps in getting thru Legendary on H2. Once you get thru it, you'll feel accomplished. Even with the skulls on, it makes a a bit more fun. Still, you'll die and have to restart the CP. That the only thing I wish they would change. Make it like all the rest of the games on Legendary. Frustrating when you almost to the next CP and someone dies. Maddening.
I'm not bad at the game, I just think 343 should do at least something to make H2 Legendary easier in any way. Remove the permanent Iron skull on co-op and make Envy a 1.00x multiplier skull, minimum.
I'm not bad at the game, I just think 343 should do at least something to make H2 Legendary easier in any way. Remove the permanent Iron skull on co-op and make Envy a 1.00x multiplier skull, minimum.
Well good luck. Have to see what happens the this 2018 patch that supposedly is on the horizon. I presume what your asking won't be touched.
No git gud kid. Halo 2 legendary is perfect as is. Just play heroic
Well good luck. Have to see what happens the this 2018 patch that supposedly is on the horizon. I presume what your asking won't be touched.
Yeah, I know....
skewer647 wrote:
No git gud kid. Halo 2 legendary is perfect as is. Just play heroic
It's honestly not perfect, Bungie had to release the game before it was completely polished, so even they weren't completely satisfied with the result. And I have beaten it, so I am in fact very good. Your wording makes you sound like a 100% blind lover of H2, refusing to believe that any of the game is flawed.
I say the gameplay shouldn' be changed in any way. Besides making laso ce-4 and 2 playlists what the actual ORIGINAL laso was in h2 and cea, nothing should change imo.
They need to make legendary difficult without being cheap trash. AI one shooting you isn't a "challenge", it's straight unfair and developers using artificial difficulty rather than using creative ways on making AI difficult.
The unfairness of halo 2's legendary campaign is what makes it so fun.
this is and interesting idea, me personally i didn't have half as much trouble on legendary than i did on ce but it was a -Yoink-, they could fix the sniper jackels and the damage of the plasma rifle that would make the game allot more fair.
this is and interesting idea, me personally i didn't have half as much trouble on legendary than i did on ce but it was a -Yoink-, they could fix the sniper jackels and the damage of the plasma rifle that would make the game allot more fair.
The only thing wrong with h2 legendary is the sniper jackals. They can shoot you even when they are in the middle of crouching and aiming their beam rifles. Other than that h2 legendary is my favorite one in the series. Least favorite being h5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2