Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Could it be possible that there is something wrong with Halo 2:A? I've never been THIS bad at Halo. I'm starting to get pissed and depressed. I never like to make excuses but it seems the game is -Yoinking!- me over. There have been a few instances where I really feel something is wrong. Like for instance I'll hit someone with a few shots with my BR and melee them and they don't die. They shoot me like once and then they melee me and I'm dead. Is anyone else having issues like this?
1) Melee is trash in H2A

2) Yes something is wrong with the game

3) It takes longer to load than any of the other games on MCC (just watch the loading bar when you are about to drop into a match)

4) Nades suck

5) The game sucks
Agree. And H2 aka "Vista port" is worst...
Could it be possible that there is something wrong with Halo 2:A? I've never been THIS bad at Halo. I'm starting to get pissed and depressed. I never like to make excuses but it seems the game is -Yoinking!- me over. There have been a few instances where I really feel something is wrong. Like for instance I'll hit someone with a few shots with my BR and melee them and they don't die. They shoot me like once and then they melee me and I'm dead. Is anyone else having issues like this?
Melee system broken, ammo refill on br, nade bounces off the corner of a wall even though there's clearly nothing there.
Halo 2 Anniversary has always been ridiculously laggy for me.

I'd have people die a full second after shooting them, grenades failing to throw, bodyshots with the sniper fail to register even though my crosshair was CLEARLY on the target, etc.

It's not you, it's the game.
Something has felt off about it to me since launch. I can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't feel right.
I just had one instance where I know I softened the guy up with frag damage, shot him twice and meleed him as he charged. He didn't die. He ends up shooting me with a burst and then melees me and I'm the one who's dead.
I'm with OP. Seems like every time I play H2A, I can throw 6-7 shots from a BR into a guy, who can then turn around and kill me in 3. The melee seems off as well, but I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with it (Too fast? Too slow? Too much damage? Too little damage? Too much range? Not enough range?).

The shotgun gives me hassle too, I've lost fights from within 5 feet while using a shotgun against a guy with a BR. I feel like I'm the only person who can't kill someone with a single shotgun shot from extremely close range. Almost like there's something in the coding for the game that says "when H2A shotgun is held by player 'd The Doctor b', shotgun damage is reduced by 33%". Of course that's not actually the case, but I haven't heard anyone else complain about the H2A shotgun nearly as much as I have.

Sometimes the hitboxes for headshots don't want to work, or they seem misplaced (like the headshot box is actually on the shoulder or something). I'll pop a guy's shields and hit him right in the face with the next shot, but he won't go down. Sometimes I get lucky when this happens and I squeeze off a few more shots and put him down. Usually the guy will get me though.

It's strange that I can't quite explain why H2A feels weird, but it feels really friggin weird.
I can't explain it either but I think maybe it's something to do with the way the networking is programmed? It seems some matches I'm unstoppable and I'm taking out two people at once, multiple times over and other times it feels like I'm dying instantly or I'm dumping entire magazines into people with the BR and they turn around and kill me.

It doesn't make sense but something is definitely weird.
I am confused as hell as far as the shot registration comments. I agree the melee system is broken.

H2A: Has the best hit registry out of them all, more often then not 4-5 shot everyone
CE: Comes in at a close 2nd
H2C: This one is pretty bad, it was horrible but gotten a little better. Seems to take 5-6 shots every time
H3: Worst of them all, 5 shot minimum but normally seems to take 6-8 to kill someone

I enjoy playing H2A because the simple fact shots don't miss when on target.
I often find HCE to be like this as well. But, the guy could just have OS as there is no visual indication when someone has OS.
I am confused as hell...

H2A: Has the best hit registry out of them all, more often then not 4-5 shot everyone
H2C: This one is pretty bad, it was horrible but gotten a little better. Seems to take 5-6 shots every time
H3: Worst of them all, 5 shot minimum but normally seems to take 6-8 to kill someone

you probably pull host a lot.
MCC Graham wrote:
I often find HCE to be like this as well. But, the guy could just have OS as there is no visual indication when someone has OS.
CE has a problem with head to head melees can sometimes kill a full OS player, which is stupid.
I really like H2A. I just wish they had more maps to play on. Not trying to start anything, but it plays smoothly for me, and the graphics are the nicest of the bunch!
I am confused as hell as far as the shot registration comments. I agree the melee system is broken.

Anyone who says H3 has the worst hit detection has terrible aim! Really not trying to start anything, but H3 is the most difficult game on the disc. The hit boxes are very small and you have to be very accurate.

I honestly don't like H3 as much for that reason, because I'm not that good at it, but it is definitely the most fair judge of skill level on MCC, followed up by H2A
Leedo21 wrote:

Anyone who says H3 has the worst hit detection has terrible aim! Really not trying to start anything, but H3 is the most difficult game on the disc. The hit boxes are very small and you have to be very accurate.

I honestly don't like H3 as much for that reason, because I'm not that good at it, but it is definitely the most fair judge of skill level on MCC, followed up by H2A
lol
Leedo21 wrote:

Halo 3 has a BULLET REFUND, off host. If you can 4 shot it's because you got honestly lucky, your gun didn't feel like it needed a refund...

This is what Halo 3 looks like off host

Notice after he fires the 4th shot, a bullet (the kill bullet) is refunded back into the clip as if it never fired. This was in the original 360 version as well but fixed, seems to be back.
Leedo21 wrote:

Halo 3 has a BULLET REFUND, off host. If you can 4 shot it's because you got honestly lucky, your gun didn't feel like it needed a refund...

This is what Halo 3 looks like off host

Notice after he fires the 4th shot, a bullet (the kill bullet) is refunded back into the clip as if it never fired.
Ya, I've seen that video as well! I have heard of very few other instances of this happening!
Unlike for example the bullet magnetism for H4 where you can shoot a guy from like 2 inches away from his head and it registers. H3 has worked very well, and it seems most agree with that from what I have read on forums here.

Also, H3 does have the smallest hit boxes and the largest skill gap.
Its simple. The multiplayer in this game is a big -Yoink-. Im 37 years old and i play shooters all my live and this game have the worst netcode and hit detection i've seen. This game does not repair. The patches done 343 simply to calm people until arrival of halo 5. 343 should learn from titanfall and respawn.
Halo 2 is just a really buggy game. Your having glitch issues.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2