Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Create your own set of playlists.

OP CattyMusician

Ranked:

Halo 2 Aniversarry 4v4 ( slayer & objective )

Halo 2 Aniversarry 2v2 ( slayer & objective )

Halo 2 Aniversarry FFA ( slayer & objective )

Team hardcore (halo 2 & halo 3 MLG)

Social:

Halo CE 4v4 (slayer & objective)

Halo CE 2v2 (slayer & objective)

Halo 2 4v4 ( slayer & objective)

Halo 3 4v4 (slayer & objective)

Halo 3 BTB

Classic BTB

Halo 4 4v4 (slayer & objective)
CE:
Ranked 2v2 and 4v4

H2:
Ranked: snipers, btb, ffa, hard core, slayer, doubles
Social: btb, slayer

H3:
Ranked: snipers, squad battle, slayer, mlg, lone wolves, doubles
Social: btb, slayer

H2A:
Ranked: slayer

All single game playlists
If anything, the current playlists need to be reduced. It takes me roughly 10 - 15 minutes to get into a game of Halo 2 or Halo 2: Anniversary. 343 needs to fix the MCC's still horrendous netcode before to draw back in players before they go adding new multiplayer material.
Ranked playlists shouldn't feature objective, at least in CE's case.
I just want a BTB playlist that isn't Halo 3 all the time. I'd kill for some Halo: CE and 2 BTB.
First, I would not mix the games of the collection (all the playlists of a game followed by the ones of the next one).

Halo CE:
Slayer 4v4
Objective 4v4
Big Team 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v5
Classic (no new vehicles or weapons) 2v2

Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary:
Quick Match (gets you into another Halo 2 playlist randomly, only accesible with one player)
Slayer 4v4
Objective 4v4
Big Team 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v7
Infection 3v9 (only stands for 2 anniversary)
Action sack 4v4
SWAT 4v4
Doubles 2v2

Halo 3 ODST:
Campaign CO-OP 4
Firefight 6

Halo 3:
Grifball 4v4
Campaign CO-OP 4
Slayer 4v4
Objective 4v4
Big Team 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v7
Infection 2v6
Action sack 4v4
Multiteam 2v14

Halo 4 (no playlists use custom loadouts or ordnance drops exept for the first two ones):
Infinity 6v6
Spartan Ops 4
Campaign CO-OP 4
Heavy Objective 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v7
Doubles 2v2
SWAT 4v4
Infection 3v9
Multiteam 4v12
All I need is a Blood Gulch playlist, with all different Gulch maps over the years, and I will be happy.
First, I would not mix the games of the collection (all the playlists of a game followed by the ones of the next one).

Halo CE:
Slayer 4v4
Objective 4v4
Big Team 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v5
Classic (no new vehicles or weapons) 2v2

Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary:
Quick Match (gets you into another Halo 2 playlist randomly, only accesible with one player)
Slayer 4v4
Objective 4v4
Big Team 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v7
Infection 3v9 (only stands for 2 anniversary)
Action sack 4v4
SWAT 4v4
Doubles 2v2

Halo 3 ODST:
Campaign CO-OP 4
Firefight 6

Halo 3:
Grifball 4v4
Campaign CO-OP 4
Slayer 4v4
Objective 4v4
Big Team 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v7
Infection 2v6
Action sack 4v4
Multiteam 2v14

Halo 4 (no playlists use custom loadouts or ordnance drops exept for the first two ones):
Infinity 6v6
Spartan Ops 4
Campaign CO-OP 4
Heavy Objective 8v8
Snipers 4v4
Rumble Pit 1v7
Doubles 2v2
SWAT 4v4
Infection 3v9
Multiteam 4v12
See while this sounds good theoretically its not possible. We need to reduce the number of playlists currently because we're dealing with a low player population and long wait times for some people because of it. Consolidating the playlists will lead to faster search times. I don't have the perfect formula but I'll give it a shot. I think the first two games play more alike each other and the older crowd of halo fans like myself seem to prefer H1 &H2 & even H2A over H3 and H4 for two reasons; H3 and H4 style of play is way different and most of us weren't gaming as much as we were during H1 & H2's primes. H2A is even a stretch for me personally but its gameplay is similar to original H2. So here's my ideal playlists.

Team Slayer (All games)
BTB Classic (H1 & H2/A)
BTB (H3 & H4)
Halo 3 (Ranked)
Team Doubles (Ranked)
Halo 4 (Ranked)
Rumble Pit (Ranked) (H1 H2 H2A H3)
Rumble Pit Social (All Games)
Halo 2 (Ranked)
H2A (Ranked)
Halo CE: (Ranked 4v4)
Team Action Sack (All Games)

So from what MCC currently has I took out 5 playlists and just added the 2 FFA playlists because in my opinion FFA ranked and social is essential to Halo. A lot of people love to grind out the FFA playlists because not having to rely on SoupyCannon1223 as your teammate is nice. But this is where it gets hard to me is deciding what playlists need to stay and which ones can't. It would be great if we could see some population numbers per playlist (343?) but my personal opinion is that SWAT and Snipes are essential Halo playlists. Not sure if we could do those ranked or maybe we should have a weekly rotation between the two or something. Also the Team Hardcore playlist I can never find games in and H2 MLG & H3 MLG play so different that most of the time I feel like people quit if they don't get their game. Which means you have to run as a team of 4 to get your game and still sometimes don't. So would we have enough players to split the Hardcore playlist? Not sure anybody knows. As for the other lists like infection griffball etc. I think we can maybe have one weekly or monthly rotation playlist between different games like that.

What does everyone else think? None of us can see pop#'s so it's hard to gauge but should we anticipate a population boost after this update?