Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Cross-platform multiplayer will kill MCC for Xbox

OP SheerSiamang117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I know I posted on this forum before but....

I think that's a bit over exaggerated. I see good in cross-play because it brings in more players to play with. The only thing I could possibly be worried about is hackers.
Cross play will be good for halo . You just need to git gud .
Most games, if not all games that are crossplay between PC and console allow you to opt-out, or even make you opt-in to enable it and make crossplay even possible. So I’m not too worried about it. But if they really group PC and console together without the option to opt-out, then yeah, that would kill this game for console players.

I could be wrong but I think it might even be possible to recognize if the player is using a controller or kb/m, which could be used to separate those players while allowing controller players to play together regardless of device.

To to be honest I just assumed they wouldn’t be so silly as to allow it, so I never put much thought into it, now you got me a little worried, lol.
So, for the Cross Platform in Halo MCC and in Halo Infinite the only way you will match up against PC Players on Xbox is if you have PC Players in your Squad when your looking for a match. The same thing goes if you’re on the PC for Xbox Players.

🤔Now I forgot where I heard this from but if I had to guess it was somewhere during the time of E3 2019😁
if it will become true or not,it will be a cool idea anyway
I wouldn't mind an option where you can choose to play with PC players or not while on xbox. I know Gears 4 has an option where you can say no to playing with PC players (for ranked at least) so you can decide if you want strictly xbox or maybe faster load times for finding players. I think pvp should just stay strictly to each platform but campaign, firefight and custom games I think would be great!
I suspect the devs will simply not incorporate them, or there will be a specific playlist for cross-platform
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5