[Locked] Custom Game Browser Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Make it easy to save maps and game types from within the game itself and the browser.
  • MCC Game: CGB
  • Feedback: please add team changing feature to CGB games during matches.
  • MCC Game: CGB
  • Feedback: Please let party’s that join a CGB game join on the same team.
  • Additional info: When ever I join a custom game with one of my friends we are always on the opposite team. This leads back to being able to change teams during a game.
The custom game browser is a great step.

I really wish there was something where you could just browser game types and maps and download those straight to your account rather than having to find them on someone's file share. Just like in the good old days of halo 3 and reach. I really hope infinite has that too
  • Halo 3 should be the next implementation given the Seasons focus on it
  • Firefight browser would be Great for classic survival fans
  • Ability to Filter Modes Games Specific maps Ect. (Ovbs some of those we can't do yet)
  • Host Options to reserve spots for friends possibly
  • I still find I can't join games at 14 or 15 they fill up right after refresh idk if this can be fixed but surely there will be more lobby when more games come out
personalized games are too much of a bomb
I’ve been loving the customs games browser! But what I can’t understand is why I can’t make custom game types in the “create” section and allow for “teams”. Too many games have been “free for all” and I really want to be able to make more team games.
You should add the Target Locator to more Forge/BTB maps in Reach. Its a lot of fun and can be used for minigames or Invasion etc.

As for the CGB, my biggest complaint is that you cannot invite friends to custom game browser games, they instead have to search for the same session as you, which is extra hard when there are multiples of the same session and you cannot see who is playing it currently.

As a Reach forger, I should add that the customs browser's addition broke saving forge maps. When loading up any forge map that you've been working on prior, there is no "Save" option... only "Save as new". This means every time you load your forge map, you can't save changes to it, you have to save a new copy of it. This is pretty annoying for the forge community, as there is a 50 private file limit and now we have to make sure to delete more maps to make room for additional copies of maps you've already been working on. This bug happened during the CGB stress test, and is back with the full release. Myself and many others from the forge community have already made support tickets for this.
I definitely agree with the target locator thing. It is a very unused weapon
Kimttar wrote:
Make it easy to save maps and game types from within the game itself and the browser.
I think so too. I have a lot of trouble finding the game types that I loved
In CGB, there's a lighting issue where tiles and textures flicker and darken rapidly. Can be really disorienting.
Here's the features that I think will greatly improve CGB:
  1. Add a end result and setup or some kind of thing after the end of a Variant, allowing you to choose the same Variant or a different Variant, or allowing you to start a single match that are not in any variants. This allows for MUCH more customization for the host and seems like a much better way to play CGB.
  2. Add a Join Cue for a full room that can be exited at any time, but will throw you into a match immediately after someone quits. This way, I don't have to hit Join, Refresh, Join, Refresh, Etc, Over and over again just to join a match.
  3. Add a Filter option similar to Social Games' filter. This will make it WAY easier to find the kind of matches that I want to join.
  4. Please Add the rest of the Halo games to CGB soon...
Thank you everyone for providing feedback on this topic!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5