Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Custom game browser for Master Chief collection

OP TDOGtaylor

Halo 5 guardians has an okay custom game browser that allows you to join peoples games.
Why hasn't it been a priority to make one for the MCC collection. Knowing custom games as what made Halo 3.
The custom games browser is on the back burner. I’m in favor of it not coming actually. There’s already social in the match composer and ranked in competitive. I think it would damage the population too much at this point.
Mr Vacha wrote:
The custom games browser is on the back burner. I’m in favor of it not coming actually. There’s already social in the match composer and ranked in competitive. I think it would damage the population too much at this point.
bruh... in wich way it would damagage the population. it just makes it easier what people are doing anyway. instead of joining groups or sending invites for an hour to get a custom game running you get a browser.
Also you forget the match composer is only made of official gametypes maps etc.... people usually play custom games that are not vanilla at all .... even less vanilla then action sack.

Also dont forget that such updates also attract new players and comebackplayers.
Mr Vacha wrote:
bruh... in wich way it would damagage the population. it just makes it easier what people are doing anyway. instead of joining groups or sending invites for an hour to get a custom game running you get a browser.
Also you forget the match composer is only made of official gametypes maps etc.... people usually play custom games that are not vanilla at all .... even less vanilla then action sack.

Also dont forget that such updates also attract new players and comebackplayers.
I understand what you’re saying. More specifically it would damage the population in social and competitive just due to the fact that it’s another avenue to join or search games.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Mr Vacha wrote:

I understand what you’re saying. More specifically it would damage the population in social and competitive just due to the fact that it’s another avenue to join or search games.
it may be but dont forget that it wont be the majority of players. if a player dosent want to play composer he wont be and if he has no option for something else usually they play something else wic hdosent nessesary mean they will play halo. we dont know population but i think that crossplay between pc and xbox will happen wich further strenghens population ( i would guess in the manner like the new call of duty did it , it stays fair and merged all platforms , very awsome feature ). TBH custom browser WILL come , with the major reason for it being the pc version ( a feature wich is standart on pc gaming except a few games where its almost 100 % of the time critizised because of that ).

The composer is fairly stretched thats true but even then searching for more exotic stuff usually finds me a game. for me that means that the population cant be THAT LOW but again we dont know.
at this point i think we can trust 343 to make the correct choice no matter our bouth opinion. for me they have regained my trust in the last few months ( and the reason is not the pc version ( wich i am still somewhat sceptical about for various reasons, easpacialy after participating in the recent flight ) but the work they have put in mcc in generall
Likely, internal company politics is blocking this because 343 gets a kickback from Microsoft dependent on Xbox Live dedicated server population.
TROPSTOP wrote:
Likely, internal company politics is blocking this because 343 gets a kickback from Microsoft dependent on Xbox Live dedicated server population.
No, 343 already said that the customs browser is coming, but it's not a priority at the moment because Reach and PC happened. I also don't know where you're getting that info from, but it doesn't sound legit.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Well i dont play mcc anymore since its just the same multiplayer from years ago. If they add a custom browser ill be more interested in playing mcc, so what you're saying doesnt apply to everyone,for me it would grow the playerbase rather than shrink it.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Well i dont play mcc anymore since its just the same multiplayer from years ago. If they add a custom browser ill be more interested in playing mcc, so what you're saying doesnt apply to everyone,for me it would grow the playerbase rather than shrink it.
I get it. There’s multiple ways to look at it. It may help, damage or in your case be neutral to the population.
I love how online multiplayer has come full circle. Before matchmaking became a thing, custom game browsers were all that existed for online games. They weren't called that. In fact, I don't even know if there was a standardized name for the system; maybe "server browsers"? But, a custom game browser is basically what it was.

Then, matchmaking and party searching took over and became the norm for a decade and a half. And, now everyone is excited for the return of server browsers.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TROPSTOP wrote:
No, 343 already said that the customs browser is coming, but it's not a priority at the moment because Reach and PC happened. I also don't know where you're getting that info from, but it doesn't sound legit.
Are you on the payroll Luke or are you angling to be a mod? as you never seem to offer a critical viewpoint in all of your posts that I've seen ? Surely as a vereren player you can at least see and agree with some the shortcomings of the game rather than championing the the cause at every turn.
Are you on the payroll Luke or are you angling to be a mod? as you never seem to offer a critical viewpoint in all of your posts that I've seen ? Surely as a vereren player you can at least see and agree with some the shortcomings of the game rather than championing the the cause at every turn.
Neither. I see a lot of shortcomings with this game, but I also understand why some things are the way they are currently like the topic of this thread with the custom browser for example. I'd rather just let someone know why I think something is the way it is in case they're unaware rather than piling on with complaints or making baseless claims like they're factual similar to the post I quoted. That doesn't mean I haven't been critical with this game or H5 (esp with BTB and ranking), but most of my suggestions to improve MCC are on discord.
I literally fire up the game monthly, and then check back here to see if its possible to play 4v4 Halo CE CTF on Blood Gulch yet. I had a group of about 6 rotating people that would play probably once a week for a while. It just got too hard to play the games we actually wanted to. Really would be great to have a custom browser so we could throw up our own stuff.
Custom games are my biggest interest in Halo. I would pay for a browser