1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
2019 Custom Game Finder
by Dean Elliott

Hi guys I just wanted to put an idea out there to the community. I am sure others have thought about this but I would love to bring the idea to 343 and hopefully they see this and can possibly implement. I would like an update to bring a custom game finder or custom search function for private servers to MCC. As many of the original Halo players know custom games were a huge part of Halo and building the community. From playing customs with your friends on Halo 1 for hours on end to the insane amount of custom games that were played during Halo 2. I want to bring this joy back. From the glitch lobbies on Halo 2 and 16 player FFA games or fun customs (cat and mouse, zombies, exc). These were the things I loved and which to enjoy again. But yes the feature I want them to include is a custom game finder in which you can go in and view all current open custom games for each Halo game. I know this will divide the community from the social and matchmaking playlists but I think in turn will build the community back up for the original fans of the series and bring that fun to the newer fans. I have played Halo since doing LAN's on Halo 1 with friends to doing tournaments for MLG for Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach. I think I have a good feel on what the game needs after all the hurtles MCC has gone through since its horrible launch and now finally they are addressing all of this. Thank you to 343 for the hard work they are doing finally at long last. With MCC coming to PC this would be a great time to implement this feature.
2019 Custom Game Finder by Dean ElliottHi guys I just wanted to put an idea out there to the community. I am sure others have thought about this but I would love to bring the idea to 343 and hopefully they see this and can possibly implement. I would like an update to bring a custom game finder or custom search function for private servers to MCC. As many of the original Halo players know custom games were a huge part of Halo and building the community. From playing customs with your friends on Halo 1 for hours on end to the insane amount of custom games that were played during Halo 2. I want to bring this joy back. From the glitch lobbies on Halo 2 and 16 player FFA games or fun customs (cat and mouse, zombies, exc). These were the things I loved and which to enjoy again. I know this will divide the community from the social and matchmaking playlists but I think in turn will build the community back up for the original fans of the series and bring that fun to the newer fans. I have played Halo since doing LAN's on Halo 1 with friends to doing tournaments for MLG for Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach. I think I have a good feel on what the game needs after all the hurtles MCC has gone through since its horrible launch and now finally they are addressing all of this. Thank you to 343 for the hard work they are doing finally at long last. With MCC coming to PC this would be a great time to implement this feature.
I'm pretty sure that a Custom Games browser is on the way. It is going to be fun to see how it will work across all of the Halo games and if there will be any additional updates to how custom games are set up. For example, I wonder if Reach will have the ability to modify spartan abilities, walk speed, jump height, etc.
It's in the works right now. 343 has said in the past that they intend to bring a customs game browser to MCC similar to the one in Halo 5.
Yeah they're already planning to release a custom games browser this year. No specific date though
If I could play duck hunt, fat kid, Jenga, jail life , off the cliff or hide and go seek I’d cry lol. Custom games were my life on halo 3
If I could play duck hunt, fat kid, Jenga, jail life , off the cliff or hide and go seek I’d cry lol. Custom games were my life on halo 3
I was just talking about Duck Hunt and Hide and Seek with some friends the other night. Halo 3 customs were amazing!
I was just talking about Duck Hunt and Hide and Seek with some friends the other night. Halo 3 customs were amazing!
They truly were. Made the game that much longer and sustainable
Look for some custom games map and modes to play anyone help out
I can't wait for the custom game browser! I can roll out my 100 plus custom H2A maps!!! I feel bottlenecked stuck in customs. I feel like my creations are stuck in the back closet and tied to some secret underground network. I run into many Halo players that have no idea there is a customs and forge community. Please, 343, please bring us into the light!!!! I even brought uninformed gamers from the Fortnite community into halo customs! They had no idea MCC is such an awesome game! We may even see streamers from the Fortnite community migrate over to the awesomeness of Halo customs in the near future! I also join other large gaming clubs from time to time and promote the heck out of Halo customs! I post screen shots and game posts in as many clubs as I can. I get lots of feed back from really great people. A lot of people are very interested in the forge for Halo MCC. This sparks interest in the eye of gamers who have a deep interest in creating their own game maps.
Fingers crossed that this feature will one day come to the MCC. We can only hope.
Legitsky wrote:
Fingers crossed that this feature will one day come to the MCC. We can only hope.
Unless they publicly cancel their plans to bring it to MCC, it is safe to say that it will come eventually.
The last official mention was buried in the July MCC Development Update:

Quote:
regarding the long awaited “Custom Game Browser” for MCC. Producer Sean Swidersky acknowledged that work had temporarily stalled on this feature but it’s still on the “to do” list. While this was once a much higher priority, the reality is that with the release of the Match Composer, the immediate need for this feature dropped in priority.
The Match Composer is a silly excuse. If 343 really wants a community-driven marketplace to be successful (Grassroots Program [1], anyone?), we need first-class support for custom games with developer APIs for lobbies and game data.

[1] https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/announcing-hcs-grassroots
TROPSTOP wrote:

Quote:
regarding the long awaited “Custom Game Browser” for MCC. Producer Sean Swidersky acknowledged that work had temporarily stalled on this feature but it’s still on the “to do” list. While this was once a much higher priority, the reality is that with the release of the Match Composer, the immediate need for this feature dropped in priority.
The Match Composer is a silly excuse. If 343 really wants a community-driven marketplace to be successful (Grassroots Program [1], anyone?), we need first-class support for custom games with developer APIs for joining lobbies and collecting game stats.

It's not a silly excuse. It actually makes a lot of sense.
omarlotrc wrote:
TROPSTOP wrote:

Quote:
The Match Composer is a silly excuse. If 343 really wants a community-driven marketplace to be successful (Grassroots Program [1], anyone?), we need first-class support for custom games with developer APIs for joining lobbies and collecting game stats.

The Match Composer is an improvement over the old system and it’s great you can choose your player size, game(s) and gametype(s) it still doesn’t hold a candle to an actual custom game browser.

A custom game browser you can actually narrow your list down even more. Want to goof off with different Gametypes done, social games done. Want competitive games with people that know what their doing done. Want to play the same map over and over done. While the CE version does need work still the best feature of the PC version was a server browser where you could join any game you want.
omarlotrc wrote:
TROPSTOP wrote:

Quote:

The Match Composer is an improvement over the old system and it’s great you can choose your player size, game(s) and gametype(s) it still doesn’t hold a candle to an actual custom game browser.

A custom game browser you can actually narrow your list down even more. Want to goof off with different Gametypes done, social games done. Want competitive games with people that know what their doing done. Want to play the same map over and over done. While the CE version does need work still the best feature of the PC version was a server browser where you could join any game you want.
And it will come in time. :)
unfortunately the custom game browser has been put on the back burner due to the need to allocate development resources. check the updates on the website for more info. this was known a few weeks ago and some of the people on here pointed that out to me as well when I complained about the lack of development for this much needed addition to MCC.
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Unless they publicly cancel their plans to bring it to MCC, it is safe to say that it will come eventually.
Awesome. Can't wait to browse all the fun options that are out there!
Legitsky wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
I feel like it's gonna be insane just because of how many Halo games are included in MCC. It's gonna be so diverse!
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
I feel like it's gonna be insane just because of how many Halo games are included in MCC. It's gonna be so diverse!
I predict that H2A and Halo Reach maps/gametypes might just blow up. I'd love to see it.
Legitsky wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
I predict that H2A and Halo Reach maps/gametypes might just blow up. I'd love to see it.
Eh. H2A is a little dull. I am predicting lots of Reach, CE, 2C, and 3 lobbies.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2