Skip to main content
I've been playing mcc lately and I've been wondering why the customization is all unlocked doesn't this defeat the purpose of the replay ability of the game? Also I dont understand why the armor is in sets, and it doesn't let me mix the armor pieces. The weapon skins, loadout and everything else you can use credits for in the legacy Halo 4 are also unlocked and im pretty sure you can't change the visor color of the helmet. The customization is a mess and I have a solution that 343 can do. The MCC could connect to your profile in legacy Halo 4 and see what you have or haven't unlocked in so you can have every thing unlocked in that game in mcc. Might not be able to do that with halo 3 or ODST but I think you would have to restart for those games.
I've been playing mcc lately and I've been wondering why the customization is all unlocked doesn't this defeat the purpose of the replay ability of the game? Also I dont understand why the armor is in sets, and it doesn't let me mix the armor pieces. The weapon skins, loadout and everything else you can use credits for in the legacy Halo 4 are also unlocked and im pretty sure you can't change the visor color of the helmet. The customization is a mess and I have a solution that 343 can do. The MCC could connect to your profile in legacy Halo 4 and see what you have or haven't unlocked in so you can have every thing unlocked in that game in mcc. Might not be able to do that with halo 3 or ODST but I think you would have to restart for those games.
Linking older games probably won’t happen as it’s not happening with Halo Reach which is coming to the MCC. For example the ranking system will be totally different. Halo Reach will also have full customization and you will have to unlock everything, however it probably won’t be unlocked the same way. With that being said full customization might come to the other games since it has come to the upcoming Reach, fingers crossed. When each game comes to pc they are enhancing it in many ways, like from what I’ve heard they are going to fix the original graphics for CE when it comes to pc, so maybe when 3 and 4 come to MCC for pc they will fix customization to make it like the original... no confirmation though but fingers crossed. Also they might add entirely new armors to the older games which is extremely exiting... let’s hope it actually happens.
I don't think it hurts the replay value of the game. The customization has been like that since launch so it's probably something they weren't thinking about or maybe they didn't think it was something that would be worth doing. Who knows really, but the progression system that's coming should help with customization options.
The thing that 343 is doing once when Reach comes out in MCC, is use Unreal Engine 4 for the progression system and the customization in Halo Reach, and possibly, in Halo 3 and 4 as well, now that the customization in those 3 games is basically the same (helmet, chest, shoulders, legs, and in Reach, the gauntlet). So there is a possibility that it gets fixed
I'm pretty sure the reason the armour was all unlocked at launch had something to do with 343 not being fully prepared for the deadline of the game's release originally but with the release of Halo Reach, armour will be unlockable with season points earned through multiplayer however this is only in Reach for the moment.
The devs have discussed the possibility of adding new armours to the other games such as Halo 3 that will be unlocked in a similar way though.
I just miss the days back in Halo 3 where you play through the campaign on legendary or finding skulls or earning certain achievements to earn the armor just to mix and match and to look cool in the field