Skip to main content
My friend just bought and downlaoded Halo: MCC so that we could play some games for old times sake, but we're not able to do any matchmaking together since we keep getting an error saying:

"Data out of sync"
"Your data does not match the host's. Please download the latest data by restarting the game and rejoining the party"

Anyone else having the same issue or is it just us? We're both able to search and play games by ourselves, and even play customs together.
Is there anything we can do in order to fix it or is it just some bug on 343's side?
I'm having this problem as well and have no idea how to fix it!
pBakkan wrote:
My friend just bought and downlaoded Halo: MCC so that we could play some games for old times sake, but we're not able to do any matchmaking together since we keep getting an error saying:

"Data out of sync"
"Your data does not match the host's. Please download the latest data by restarting the game and rejoining the party"

Anyone else having the same issue or is it just us? We're both able to search and play games by ourselves, and even play customs together.
Is there anything we can do in order to fix it or is it just some bug on 343's side?
Yeah me and my 3 other friends we try playing today and we get the same message, never seen this message before
so annoying :(
Also not working. Same issues
All i did was unplugged the power cord and it worked
Ok still no luck.

Looks like the issue is limited to matchmaking as I can play custom games and campaign online with no issues.

The error is coming up when I try to join a friend and then enter matchmaking. Also I cannot find any games whatsoever in solo matchmaking where previously I have had no issues.

i have tried force quitting the game, power button reset, removing the power cable but no luck.

not sure what to do. Don't want to reinstall!

Also the beta is greyed out, however I managed to start downloading it through the halo channel
Ok I have fixed this.

after trying everything in my previous post I also tried clearing the local saves in storage settings. This did not work.

in the end I had to reinstall the game. Luckily there is another xbone in the house with mcc installed on it so just copied the files onto my external drive and then used that. And I deleted my original install. This method saves having to re download the whole game.

hope this helps
I would re-install, if i didn't only have 80gb of internet a month, it's unacceptable for 343 to just say re-install thats the 2nd game breaking thing where i've been needed to re-install the entire game, so looks like i wont ever be doing online again.
I was able to resolve this by deleting the saved data for Halo Master Chief Collection on my Xbox Series X.
  1. Open the Home page
  2. My Games & Apps
  3. See All
  4. Select Halo MCC
  5. Manage game and add-ons
  6. Select "Saved Data"
  7. Delete "Saved Data" (Uninstalling the game does not delete "Saved Data"
  8. Rejoin your party and matchmaking. All is well.
Please don't revive old topics thanks