Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Dear 343, Your Work Is Appreciated

OP KunaiZer0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 20
Well said Knuxx. Amen!
They'll probably have a patch if it's an in-game bug. I still haven't even installed the game yet.
xAlchemist wrote:
I can understand everyone's frustration, mainly coming from those who refuse to play Campaign and only want to play Multiplayer.

Give it time, the original versions of these games weren't perfect upon release either. However, this game allows you to play 4 Campaigns for $60. That's a great deal, even if you have played them before.

I will happily complete all 4 games on Legendary, collecting skulls/terminals and having a joyous time going ham on Grunt Birthday's. By the time I'm finished with all that, this should be a thing of the past.

Think about this, in 6 months, when we are all deep into the multiplayer, we can look back and say: "Hey, at least I can play Halo 2 Multiplayer again."
Maybe you can't play it right now, but I refuse to believe that there isn't something else you can do while you wait. Sure, your product doesn't work as well as it was promised, but then again, what software actually does work out of the box? Usually there are hotfixes and updates within the first couple weeks that fix the problem.

Good luck. Thank you 343i for working diligently on this after finding out there were issues. I await the chance to play Multiplayer religiously again.

Recent games that work near flawlessly: Alien: Isolation, Bayonetta 2, Sunset Overdrive, Infamous: Second Son, Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Last of Us (remastered), Titanfall, any Nintendo game.

And the multiplayer for any of the games I listed worked at launch.
didn't know all of this games were partly over 10 years old and were shipped with 4 different games.
KunaiZer0 wrote:
Hey 343i,
I'm Knuxx and I like many other people bought The Master Chief Collection, gleaming with joy at the idea of reliving my past years of playing Halo 1 and 2 with friends.

I took it home, I put it in my Xbox One and I waited patiently as it installed.
Once it was done, I started it up and I decided to try the multiplayer.
Alas, no luck.
I kept trying throughout the night and I managed to find 1 game, played it, loved it and then I had trouble finding another game.

I searched the internet and found it to be a common cause with a lot of people. I noticed that you guys had posted an update, saying you were working hard at figuring out the problem, so I left it at that and I decided to play the campaign instead.
I decided to check on the updates, logged on to waypoint and I was met with a screen full of users and forum posts of people bashing on you about how the multiplayer doesn't work and that you guys failed and how horrible it is etc.

I just wanted to take the time and say that the Master Chief Collection is the greatest thing you guys have ever though up and released.

The idea of having Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4 available on Xbox One and on one disc no less, is an amazing feat and the idea of having something of this magnitude release without hiccups is very very improbable.
All the work you have put into this release, the management of all the games, the work put into Halo 2 Anniversary (I watched the documentary, very well done), all the hours you sank into this iconic franchise collection is astounding and now to see people completely looking over all of this and completely barraging you with hate and negative comments is quite frankly horrifying.
If there is one thing you take from this post, please let it be that I, (and I believe a lot of other members of the Halo community), truly appreciate the work you have put into the Master Chief Collection and turning this idea into a reality.
I am a very, very big Halo fan and the fact that I now relive my past Halo memories on the Xbox One, my thanks cannot be expressed enough.
Please continue to do your amazing work with the knowledge that there are people out here that will support you 110% of the way.
Sincerely,
A fellow Halo fanatic.
well said my friend. I have waited since 2012 for xbox one and halo games, I think I won't have any problems waiting for another few day's. Keep up the great work 343 like knuxx said we are with you 110%
I do have knowledge of how these games are made. And still... BETA TEST, YOU IDIOTS (@343)!! Bungie wasn't so arrogant that they released halo 3 without a beta. Why the hell did 343 think they could release 4 halo games with all that is included and involved with such a huge undertaking without a beta test? UNACCEPTABLE. Get your -Yoink- together 343. You're about to lose a LOT of loyal Halo fans (and their money).
SMOK69KMK wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:
I can understand everyone's frustration, mainly coming from those who refuse to play Campaign and only want to play Multiplayer.

Give it time, the original versions of these games weren't perfect upon release either. However, this game allows you to play 4 Campaigns for $60. That's a great deal, even if you have played them before.

I will happily complete all 4 games on Legendary, collecting skulls/terminals and having a joyous time going ham on Grunt Birthday's. By the time I'm finished with all that, this should be a thing of the past.

Think about this, in 6 months, when we are all deep into the multiplayer, we can look back and say: "Hey, at least I can play Halo 2 Multiplayer again."
Maybe you can't play it right now, but I refuse to believe that there isn't something else you can do while you wait. Sure, your product doesn't work as well as it was promised, but then again, what software actually does work out of the box? Usually there are hotfixes and updates within the first couple weeks that fix the problem.

Good luck. Thank you 343i for working diligently on this after finding out there were issues. I await the chance to play Multiplayer religiously again.

Recent games that work near flawlessly: Alien: Isolation, Bayonetta 2, Sunset Overdrive, Infamous: Second Son, Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Last of Us (remastered), Titanfall, any Nintendo game.

didn't know all of this games are partly over 10 years old and were shipped with 4 different games.
Games that were already made and set to go? You just had to make them work and make them look a bit nicer? What's your point? Your saying they didn't have enough time to complete the work or...? Bottom line they released a broken product
SMOK69KMK wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:

didn't know all of this games are partly over 10 years old and were shipped with 4 different games.
All the Halo games worked at launch without many issues whatsoever. Also, pretty much any HD collection of games (Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Devil May Cry) came with 3 games each and worked flawlessly. Having all the Halo games together is no excuse for releasing an unplayable game. Like I said previously, the idea of this collection is great, but the execution is poor.
xAlchemist wrote:

Alien: Isolation had some major audio issues on PC at launch. Wolfenstein: The New Order dropped to 1 fps for me at times at launch. Titanfall still has connection issues for me.
You appreciate their work, really?

This is one of the most broken games I have ever played, and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

-Matchmaking is broken
- Framerate problems, it fluctuates and is rarely at 60 frames
-Scripting problems, especially in Halo 2
-Sound issues, sometimes cutscenes play with no sound
-game crashes, sometimes while just sitting at main menu
-party problems, often you disband or it splits you on opposite teams
-save corruptions
-checkpoint bugs

I could continue, but why bother there are already so many bug lists. The amount of bugs in this game is mind boggling.

They pushed the game out before it was ready to get quarter 4 profit. They wanted our money before the holiday season, and they didn't care if the game wasn't ready. It's that simple.

So yeah, thanks 343, thanks for showing us how -Yoinked!- up the game industry is nowadays.
343 Bungie called they would like there Game back.
Wonderfully said man!
Completely agree =)
XenoAlbedo wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:

Alien: Isolation had some major audio issues on PC at launch. Wolfenstein: The New Order dropped to 1 fps for me at times at launch. Titanfall still has connection issues for me.
These games worked fine for most people, and you are talking about PC ports. Those don't count in my argument because most developers -Yoink- PC ports. And Titanfall, again, works for most. As I said, these games ran near-flawlessly. Also I got Alien on PC on launch and the audio worked fine. That issue is nowhere near as widespread as this.

I knew people would nitpick and mention an issue or two with some of the games I listed, that is why I said "near flawlessly". And the problems with these games, which as you said are mostly with PC ports, are nowhere near game breaking for most people.
agreed :)
KunaiZer0 wrote:

I just wanted to take the time and say that the Master Chief Collection is the greatest thing you guys have ever though up and released.

lol at this
releasing old games that they didn't make was the best thing they ever thought up is what you're saying
actually laughed out loud.
That's the spirit.
I also want to adhere to your post and take this chance to thank the team for this amazing Halo collection.
I also want to play multiplayer, but I'm sure that you will fix it soon. I'm also sure that whatever happened, it was very difficult to anticipate. No one wants these issues to occur in the release week...

Thanks for all these years and the years to come!
You appreciate their work, really?

This is one of the most broken games I have ever played, and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

-Matchmaking is broken
- Framerate problems, it fluctuates and is rarely at 60 frames
-Scripting problems, especially in Halo 2
-Sound issues, sometimes cutscenes play with no sound
-game crashes, sometimes while just sitting at main menu
-party problems, often you disband or it splits you on opposite teams
-save corruptions
-checkpoint bugs

I could continue, but why bother there are already so many bug lists. The amount of bugs in this game is mind boggling.

They pushed the game out before it was ready to get quarter 4 profit. They wanted our money before the holiday season, and they didn't care if the game wasn't ready. It's that simple.

So yeah, thanks 343, thanks for showing us how -Yoinked!- up the game industry is nowadays.
-Matchmaking is broken yes
-It's Xbox One, what did you expect? It still maintains 60 for me 99% of the time.
-I've experienced none.
-I've experienced none.
-I've had 2 in about 12 hours of gameplay.
-Haven't played in a party yet, so I cannot comment.
-I've had no issues.
-I've had no issues.

I'm beginning to think I should start using the term, "vocal minority" that always gets thrown around whenever I'm the one having issues with games.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:

didn't know all of this games were partly over 10 years old and were shipped with 4 different games.
that logic is flawed. Any new game should be more than 50% playable at launch. ANY GAME. To say that because this game is old we should expect flaws, is ridiculous. We payed our hard earned money to play. I would expect this from a new studio that has NEVER released a game to Xbox. Not a studio that is responsible for one of the greatest titles ever. Shame.
I do have knowledge of how these games are made. And still... BETA TEST, YOU IDIOTS (@343)!! Bungie wasn't so arrogant that they released halo 3 without a beta. Why the hell did 343 think they could release 4 halo games with all that is included and involved with such a huge undertaking without a beta test? UNACCEPTABLE. Get your -Yoink- together 343. You're about to lose a LOT of loyal Halo fans (and their money).
I have not had this problem because I have been way to occupied playing campaign for hours on end just cant get over how beautiful and fluid everything feels!!!! Heard alot about issues with multiplayer but I know 343 wont leave us down for too long!!!!
Ok, let me just say something..............I like eggs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 20