Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Did I find a new Halo 2 Anniversary skull?

OP Volkeran

Hey everyone,

First post, sorry if it’s in the wrong place.

I am currently playing H2A Outskirts on Legendary, and while running across the rooftops in the levels infamous sniper alley, I found I skull that triggered a gameplay event.

I spotted a UNSC sniper and some clips on a balcony and jumped over. I went through a door on the balcony and there was a skull on floor.

When I picked it up I was transported to street level with only a plasma pistol, and bunch of sword-elites spawned. As it was legendary I was killed almost right away, after which I teleported back the balcony, and the skull disappeared.

I can’t seem to post pictures with my iphone to show the exact location, but:

In the sniper alley, got on the rooftops and find the tower/mosque with the broken green roof.

Stand on the side facing the way to Hotel Zanzibar.
look straight, at about 10:30 below you there’s a balcony with the sniper and clips.

I couldn’t find anything about this on youtube/google. Is this a new skull, or have I just missed this since release..

Let me know!

Thanks!
Volkeran wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am currently playing H2A Outskirts on Legendary, and while running across the rooftops in the levels infamous sniper alley, I found I skull that triggered a gameplay event.

I spotted a UNSC sniper and some clips on a balcony and jumped over. I went through a door on the balcony and there was a skull on floor.

When I picked it up I was transported to street level with only a plasma pistol, and bunch of sword-elites spawned. As it was legendary I was killed almost right away, after which I teleported back the balcony, and the skull disappeared.

In the sniper alley, got on the rooftops and find the tower/mosque with the broken green roof.

look straight, at about 10:30 below you there’s a balcony with the sniper and clips.

I couldn’t find anything about this on youtube/google. Is this a new skull, or have I just missed this since release..

Let me know!

Thanks!
But the skull is over the map?
This is I Would Have Been Your Daddy, the effect doesn't touch anything except the dialogue during gameplay.

The game will spawn a single Ultra Elite at one of the 7 locations and each wave add one Elite until the game use all 7, each spot spawn the Elite with the same weapon so you can have an idea of what the game throw at you.

It's the hardest fight of the entire game when unprepared as the playable area is very small and all Elites at the beginning of each wave will move towards your position shortly after spawning (you just can't stealth or avoid forever) .
Thank you very much!
Not a new skull as the comment above answered. But, it’s awesome you came across it on your own! That sense of discovery bears meaning in itself. It’s funny, Halo 2 was the first game to do skulls, but it did them best with short gameplay segments like the one you mentioned and the dancing Elites on Delta Halo.
Dema117 wrote:
Volkeran wrote:
Hey everyone,

Let me know!

Thanks!
You get to the skull by jumping on the roofs in Outskirts.
This is I Would Have Been Your Daddy, the effect doesn't touch anything except the dialogue during gameplay.

The game will spawn a single Ultra Elite at one of the 7 locations and each wave add one Elite until the game use all 7, each spot spawn the Elite with the same weapon so you can have an idea of what the game throw at you.

It's the hardest fight of the entire game when unprepared as the playable area is very small and all Elites at the beginning of each wave will move towards your position shortly after spawning (you just can't stealth or avoid forever) .
Thanks for clearing that up! Do you get anything other than the skull for defeating the waves?
Volkeran wrote:
Dema117 wrote:
Volkeran wrote:
Hey everyone,

Let me know!

Thanks!
You get to the skull by jumping on the roofs in Outskirts.
Yes i remember is does ecxcist from 2014
tuhin94 wrote:
Not a new skull as the comment above answered. But, it’s awesome you came across it on your own! That sense of discovery bears meaning in itself. It’s funny, Halo 2 was the first game to do skulls, but it did them best with short gameplay segments like the one you mentioned and the dancing Elites on Delta Halo.
I’ve gone back to playing Halo 2 and CE every once in a while since release, and thought I’d seen everything.

Finding that skull and the little mini-game made me real excited. You pointed that out nicely haha.
Volkeran wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up! Do you get anything other than the skull for defeating the waves?
Aside from the effect and the weapons they left behind nope, if you want to actually save the skull you simply need to drop it before the teleport.

You can make the skull spawn and trigger a checkpoint after this, this is also the key to customise the arena a bit and save it.
As others have mentioned, this skull had been found nearly 15 years ago :P
I think there's an achievement you should have gotten for finding the skull. Did one pop up for you? I'm pretty sure all of the skulls unlock achievements.
Willko wrote:
I think there's an achievement you should have gotten for finding the skull. Did one pop up for you? I'm pretty sure all of the skulls unlock achievements.
I turned off achievement notifications when I got my xbox one. I felt like it would sometimes break the immersion of more story focussed games with it’s big banners and sounds.

But that’s a good suggestion, I should have checked my Halo achievements after grabbing it!