1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Has anyone gotten one successfully? Like called MS and told them of the problems and actually gotten a refund? I'm about to try
try, I'm curious... I would like to get a refund and buy the game later (when its fixed)
exever187 wrote:
try, I'm curious... I would like to get a refund and buy the game later (when its fixed)
ya because that makes more sense than just waiting it out...
Yes. I got mine on the support chat.
God5macked wrote:
exever187 wrote:

It could. I mean, what if it isn't fixed? They can return it, spend the money they used on a game that's actually functioning, and then later IF THE GAME IS WORKING, buy it again. Probably cheaper than before too.
God5macked wrote:
exever187 wrote:

Ya it does, it's called voting with your wallet, I would never pay up front for merchandise that is faulty, I'm sure 343 is working hard to fix their issues but letting them keep money for a game that doesn't work tells them it's ok to release -Yoink-. If everyone just bent over and said it's ok 343 we don't mind what reason do they have to release halo 5 in a working state? I did the same thing as the op, got a refund for the game. I will gladly rebuy down the road if they can fix it before the community dies but till then they need to get their act together as the game is not worth close to $70

to the op go to the Microsoft commerce website, click help, click xbox then games. Xbox support is very friendly and should help you out. Just be polite and friendly and understand it's not their fault 342 screwed up. Request a technical issue refund and enjoy.
you act like you returning your game will take money from them...let me inform you that they make money by selling the product to stores. after that sell has been completed they have made their money regardless if you return or not because the store will just write it off as a claim.
Some how I doubt that when it comes to digital purchases on the xbox but even if your right then they can deal with a pissed off Microsoft that is losing money (not just making it but now losing it according to you). One way or another enough people do it and I can guarantee you there would be some angry words. I've seen games pulled from stores before for being so buggy and incomplete, halo or not if it costs Microsoft to much they will stop selling it.
this isn't steam we are talking about, they will keep selling it regardless. you and i both know they knew of these issues prior to launch and decided to push it out due to the holiday season, which obviously was a big mistake. I don't think microsoft is in the business of recalling buggy software, look how they handle the past few windows OS launches.
Haha ok you got me there, Microsoft is not very known for pulling software, my point stand though that if Microsoft see's enough digital refunds due to bad software there gonna be angry, from what I have been reading this big mess has been costing them xbox sales and console returns
regardless, someone in mgmt needs to be let go because I am sure during some meeting these issuse came up and someone gave the green light to launch anyways.
Everyone demanding refunds isn't going to make them fix this any faster. That isn't the point.

What it will do is, send a message to the industry to NEVER release an unfinished product like this again. I posted my Xbox and Halo refund receipts on Xbox's twitter for that reason.
God5macked wrote:
you act like you returning your game will take money from them...let me inform you that they make money by selling the product to stores. after that sell has been completed they have made their money regardless if you return or not because the store will just write it off as a claim.
So Microsoft paying me $60 doesn't take money from Microsoft?

fascinating.
God5macked wrote:
If it's a digital copy, it will most definitely take money from them. Stores can go either way depending on what they do with returned copies. Some stores may have the ability to send unsold copies back to microsoft and some will just sell it again as new.
Either way, it will still affect their sales numbers when they tally up how many copies the game ends up selling. Hopefully it will make them think twice about releasing a game months before it was actually ready for sale.
Everyone demanding refunds isn't going to make them fix this any faster. That isn't the point.

What it will do is, send a message to the industry to NEVER release an unfinished product like this again. I posted my Xbox and Halo refund receipts on Xbox's twitter for that reason.
It's always going to happen no matter what anymore, returning the game and what not isn't going to change anything. Developers need to get off their -Yoink- and tell the publisher that they can not meet the release date.
Did u get the refund yet?
God5macked wrote:
Enough of them and they will be taken back to the manufacturer as a defective item and credited.
God5macked wrote:
Dat Halo5 money is gonna take a big hit.
NuPegasus wrote:

It's always going to happen no matter what anymore, returning the game and what not isn't going to change anything. Developers need to get off their -Yoink- and tell the publisher that they can not meet the release date.
Completely disagree. By not only returning my game and console, I am proving that I will no longer support their product; and by not having an Xbox One anymore, I am more likely to buy their competition instead.

Protesting with our wallets is always most effective. Even more so with a publicly traded company that big
i just got a refund
very easy talked to a nice guy named charice
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2