Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Disappointed by more timed content.

OP Luke Pawlowski

I just don't get it. Why not have these as permanent or tied to achievements or something. I know that I'm not the only one that didn't get that H4 BR skin last season, and it just doesn't feel good to have that happen. I would understand this move more if this was a brand new game, but it's not. Not only is MCC coming up on 7 years old, but the newest game in the collection is almost 9. It just seems like such an odd decision to start hiding content away like this.
Nothing wrong with seasonal challenges... That is why it's a "challenge"... Doing something in a certain amount of time is part of the challenge. Besides they said seasonal challenges will roll back around at some point so if you missed something this time there will be another time to get it. I didn't get some stuff from previous seasons and it doesn't bother me as I know I will have another shot at it at some point.
I don't mind the timed content as long as it isn't tied to a rank number.
I don't mind timed content as long as I dont have to log in every day to chip away at the given challenge
So much this!
"Seasonal" challenges are exactly that - seasonal. They don't affect gameplay (except for the acrophobia skull, which ended up being granted to everyone anyway) so while it may suck a bit to miss out on some cosmetic content, it's not really the end of the world.
Either way, I'm glad there are no more 'reach rank 'x'' type challenges.
I somewhat agree. I don't have enough time on my hands to play that much, when it comes to skins and stuff I'd like to just be able to chill and work my way towards it a bit at the time when I have the time and energy. But at the same time it's just skins, not the end of the world, I'll live.
AshamanND wrote:
So much this!
"Seasonal" challenges are exactly that - seasonal. They don't affect gameplay (except for the acrophobia skull, which ended up being granted to everyone anyway) so while it may suck a bit to miss out on some cosmetic content, it's not really the end of the world.
Either way, I'm glad there are no more 'reach rank 'x'' type challenges.
I do not want to be FOMO-ed into playing old games. I love the Halo games, but having the feeling in the back of my head that I might not actually be able to get these unless I play right now is not a good feeling to have. And FOMO is the only reason reason that these challenges exist, don't get it twisted. It's the only reason that any timed events exist. It's to scare people into playing their game, and it sucks.
I couldn't do Season 3's challenges because of the bug that didn't save progress and how 343 announced that the season was ending right after they fixed it. And i didn't do Halo 4's Competitive one.

If they do return, i just hope the challenge is different for it. And i just hope they don't make it competitive only with a required 50.
I just don't get it. Why not have these as permanent or tied to achievements or something. I know that I'm not the only one that didn't get that H4 BR skin last season, and it just doesn't feel good to have that happen. I would understand this move more if this was a brand new game, but it's not. Not only is MCC coming up on 7 years old, but the newest game in the collection is almost 9. It just seems like such an odd decision to start hiding content away like this.
Timed challenges does add more incentive to get them done but its more rewarding. S5 rewards don't seem hard to get done, I already did 1 of the three within the hour the update came and I have a job. Just a few hours a week and it'll get done.
Yeah i agree, people need to consider this, but not everyone have all the time to play videogames, sometimes Real-Life strikes and it's pretty unfair to them that they've absolute no chance to get these anymore, simply because IRL was more important that season period than playing Videogames. That's really off-putting and a thing which is why i lost a lot of interests in modern Multiplayer-Games because i feel restricted and forced to play at times where other stuff might happen right now.
Again they disappoint but the challenges are a tiny bit better than in the last season which were close to undoable if you don't live in the US.

One step forward and two steps back...
Yeah i agree, people need to consider this, but not everyone have all the time to play videogames, sometimes Real-Life strikes and it's pretty unfair to them that they've absolute no chance to get these anymore, simply because IRL was more important that season period than playing Videogames. That's really off-putting and a thing which is why i lost a lot of interests in modern Multiplayer-Games because i feel restricted and forced to play at times where other stuff might happen right now.
I totally agree. I’m tired of all the multiplayer games that just want to force you to play all the time. Between that and micro transactions, multiplayer games have become really stale for me. I just want to play a few matches every couple of weeks. I need my time for work, life, and other games.
Hey, look on the bright side: only one out of the three challenges requires online matchmaking, and the two which can be done locally are not too difficult. Well, minus the "bugged" assassination challenge. It is better than the previous season, definitely.