Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

DLC Armor and skins for Halo 4?

OP Rhydon65

I was just wondering, does 343 have any plans to add the missing armor and weapon skins Halo 4 had into the MCC? I'm talking about the Steel Skin Pack (which had Steampunk style weapon skins) and the Infinity Armor Pack (which had the Mark V, ODST, and Prefect armors.) These were some of my favorite items back in Halo 4, and I'd love to use them again in the Master Chief Collection.

Edit: I also just remembered we are missing a few perks as well. We don't have Resistor, Recharge, or Survivor available in the Tactical Package/Support Upgrade slots.
I agree. I love the cleanliness of the prefect armor, and especially the Mark V. They’ll probably add it. Think about it. If they want to add Reach (with has a lot of customization) then they probably are gonna revamp the other games customization before hand. So while they work on allowing the player to choose individual armor pieces in 3 and 4, and while they make the customization just as robust in the MCC as in the originals, I think they’ll add all the missing customization options. Thought it’s weird that they have the DLC maps but not the DLC Armor.
I don’t know about their plans, but I support the idea. I get why the customization menus and all can’t be as detailed as the original games, but it would be cool to see all the content there.
Velspreon wrote:
Thought it’s weird that they have the DLC maps but not the DLC Armor.
That's what I'm thinking, too. Granted, they added the maps since they affect gameplay and not many people got to experience them, given how DLC worked back in the day.

All the same, they did add standard skins to the weapons as well as some of the other 'DLC' armor. For instance, Scanner and Strider are in the game, and those armors came with the War Games Map Pass.
I hope they add the DLC. In the OG Halo 4, the dlc stuff was my favorite!
They did mention the missing DLC from Halo 4 being one of the community's most requested item in the wish list.
Quote:
Some people have asked if we could share what types of responses we received. The list is growing daily but here’s a snapshot of some of the most common new feature wishlist requests:
  • Custom Game Browser
  • Halo: Reach
  • Additional/expanded Spartan customization
  • Halo 3: ODST Firefight
  • UI / Menu refresh
  • New XP / Ranking / Progression system
  • File share / File Browser
  • Add Halo 4 missing content
  • “Party Up” system
Again, we are not currently committing to these feature requests aside from a few things we happen to already be working on (more info down in the Q&A section). And frankly, there are already some things being asked for that we're pretty sure will be outside the realm of reality. Still, we're building a community feature request list for future evaluation and assessment.
It's on their Wishlist but for now, their priority is still getting the game, back into shape and ironing out the glitches.
They do have a rather ambitious list, as seen in Illusive Blue's post.
Velspreon wrote:
I agree. I love the cleanliness of the prefect armor, and especially the Mark V. They’ll probably add it. Think about it. If they want to add Reach (with has a lot of customization) then they probably are gonna revamp the other games customization before hand. So while they work on allowing the player to choose individual armor pieces in 3 and 4, and while they make the customization just as robust in the MCC as in the originals, I think they’ll add all the missing customization options. Thought it’s weird that they have the DLC maps but not the DLC Armor.
I really hope that 343 adds full customization at some point. I know that there are more pressing matters within the collection, but I do hope this has been touched upon and will be added in eventually.
KenniTDG wrote:
It's on their Wishlist but for now, their priority is still getting the game, back into shape and ironing out the glitches.
Can you give me the link to that post?
Velspreon wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2
Rhydon65 wrote:
Velspreon wrote:
That's what I'm thinking, too. Granted, they added the maps since they affect gameplay and not many people got to experience them, given how DLC worked back in the day.

All the same, they did add standard skins to the weapons as well as some of the other 'DLC' armor. For instance, Scanner and Strider are in the game, and those armors came with the War Games Map Pass.
Yeah, but Scanner and Strider weren't DLC. They were on disk armor that just used an XBL key to unlock. The actual DLC armor had a very strange system of patched mapfiles, which is likely why they aren't in the mcc yet. Quite finnicky and didn't work with Spartan Ops.
Velspreon wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
MCC Developement Update 2
Rhydon65 wrote:
Velspreon wrote:

Yeah, but Scanner and Strider weren't DLC. They were on disk armor that just used an XBL key to unlock. The actual DLC armor had a very strange system of patched mapfiles, which is likely why they aren't in the mcc yet. Quite finnicky and didn't work with Spartan Ops.
Okay, that explains a few things. Back then I always wore the Mark V helmet, but in Spartan Ops it changed to recruit. I never noticed it until I picked up a heavy machine gun.
Yeah, I saw from day-one “missing” armours from Halo 4, then when I found out that you can change weapon skins I noticed missing or different skins “exclusive” for the MCC (non existing in the original Halo 4...I guess)
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Velspreon wrote:

Okay, that explains a few things. Back then I always wore the Mark V helmet, but in Spartan Ops it changed to recruit. I never noticed it until I picked up a heavy machine gun.
Same for me. I usually wear ODST and sometimes Mark 5. I would love for DLC armor and skins to be added. The MCC doesn’t have my favorite weapon skin. The green BR :(

Edit: we need to be able to change our visor color as well. I realized that even if I could wear the ODST armor it wouldn’t have the black visor color that I prefer. The red visor color doesn’t even make sense. Why didn’t 343i choose the Recruit(blue) or Legendary(gold) color for default?