Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Do we know XP requirements yet?

OP Me Da Uber Pwnr

Do we happen to know XP requirements needed for each tier? Once one clears tier 11, does the XP start over, or become different for tier 10? I haven't found much info on this, so figured I'd put it out there!
Spoiler:
Show
Not sure, I suspect we'll know in the incoming months. I don't think the higher ups have got far enough to track the exp gaps yet.
ronnie42 wrote:
Not sure, I suspect we'll know in the incoming months. I don't think the higher ups have got far enough to track the exp gaps yet.
Very good point sir! I know some people have cleared tier 11, so I'm hoping they will know if the XP jumps up for 10. I also didn't know if 343i released any info on it, that I just haven't found.
ronnie42 wrote:
Very good point sir! I know some people have cleared tier 11, so I'm hoping they will know if the XP jumps up for 10. I also didn't know if 343i released any info on it, that I just haven't found.
Just be careful, I don't think it's possible to get to tier 11 that fast without cheating, I've heard people were doing it via PC to get there. I play a lot of MCC and even I'm struggling to get close to there.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Just be careful, I don't think it's possible to get to tier 11 that fast without cheating, I've heard people were doing it via PC to get there. I play a lot of MCC and even I'm struggling to get close to there.
That's one of the reasons I was wondering. I didn't really get to start playing reach until Friday, but I only have maybe 10 hours into it, and am at second lieutenant. Unless the XP gaps widen drastically, I can definitely see being to General, or 10th tier already, as I haven't been grinding as hard as I did for 152.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
That's one of the reasons I was wondering. I didn't really get to start playing reach until Friday, but I only have maybe 10 hours into it, and am at second lieutenant. Unless the XP gaps widen drastically, I can definitely see being to General, or 10th tier already, as I haven't been grinding as hard as I did for 152.
Maybe but I don't see how someone can be feeling well if playing that much in such a short time.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Maybe but I don't see how someone can be feeling well if playing that much in such a short time.
You'd be surprised man lol, it's nothing for me to put in 10 hours, as I've did much more than that in previous games.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
They probably aren't. There was a young man who died in 2011 playing Reach. He sat for too long, developed a blood clot in his leg that eventually reached his lungs. Article
XFitDaddy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
They probably aren't. There was a young man who died in 2011 playing Reach. He sat for too long, developed a blood clot in his leg that eventually reached his lungs. Article
Well I can definitely see that, and that's really sad. I am constantly up doing my adult chores the old lady requires of me, so I don't think I have to worry about that. I just multitask between games. Currently I'm watching Netflix, doing dishes, and laundry, whilst Master Chiefing it up 🤘
XFitDaddy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Well I can definitely see that, and that's really sad. I am constantly up doing my adult chores the old lady requires of me, so I don't think I have to worry about that. I just multitask between games. Currently I'm watching Netflix, doing dishes, and laundry, whilst Master Chiefing it up 🤘
Lol, that's awesome. It's harder if you have kids. I can't play till they go to sleep and then I stay up too late.
XFitDaddy wrote:
XFitDaddy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Lol, that's awesome. It's harder if you have kids. I can't play till they go to sleep and then I stay up too late.
I feel you broski, I have 2. My Halo schedule is just in-between all the days happenings, and they are in Pre-K/2nd grade, while they're at school, I have a nice 4 hour opening lol....
Tier 11?All I know is that there is 10 tours. I'm currently on Tour 2, and that the experience required between each rank is increased every tour you complete. Hitting General does not long, once you level up at General, you are automatically put into Tour 2 as a fresh recruit.

Same applies for Tour 2, hit General, then get promoted to Tour 3. Each Tour getting progressively longer experience wise.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
You'd be surprised man lol, it's nothing for me to put in 10 hours, as I've did much more than that in previous games.
Yeh trust me I know....I maxed out Reach, H4, H5 and Halo Wars 1 rank but there get's to the point where it just becomes an exhausting over-fatigue
XFitDaddy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Not sure about the link since it's region blocked but anyway yeh heard plenty of people forget to eat/drink and with poor sleeping. I feel like the current system it's not a good way to encourage gamers to take regular breaks since the grind is too much, most feel compelled to complete it while ignoring their health. I know I play a lot but there are times I just need to walk away for a bit or the game will drive me crazy....I guess in some way that's why the daily exp cap in 360 Reach was sort of handy so we don't have overdo it.
For XP per level I have been tracking the data myself (some of the early levels I took from a post online as I didn't think to record this on day one.)

How this list is read is the rank title and then the XP amount needed to achieve that rank. Please note the number is the total XP required to reach that rank, meaning if you were a Rookie and saw that Recruit requires 10,000 XP, that means it takes 7,000 XP to go from Rookie to Recruit. So far I only have the numbers up to Second Lieutenant.

What I am curious about is if the XP requirements increase in different Tiers. If someone has started Tier 10 and could compare what level they are on and the XP required for their next level up VS the list below which is based on Tier 11, I'd appreciate it.

Spoiler:
Show
*Post edited with Me Da Uber Pwnr’s additional XP numbers.
TraadeMerK wrote:
Tier 11?All I know is that there is 10 tours. I'm currently on Tour 2, and that the experience required between each rank is increased every tour you complete. Hitting General does not long, once you level up at General, you are automatically put into Tour 2 as a fresh recruit.

Same applies for Tour 2, hit General, then get promoted to Tour 3. Each Tour getting progressively longer experience wise.
That's what I was wondering, if each tour, or tier, takes longer than the last. I was going by what it says when you go into the armor unlocks, it says I'm on tier 11, I figured next after general it'd say tier 10 🤷
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeh trust me I know....I maxed out Reach, H4, H5 and Halo Wars 1 rank but there get's to the point where it just becomes an exhausting over-fatigue
XFitDaddy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Not sure about the link since it's region blocked but anyway yeh heard plenty of people forget to eat/drink and with poor sleeping. I feel like the current system it's not a good way to encourage gamers to take regular breaks since the grind is too much, most feel compelled to complete it while ignoring their health. I know I play a lot but there are times I just need to walk away for a bit or the game will drive me crazy....I guess in some way that's why the daily exp cap in 360 Reach was sort of handy so we don't have overdo it.
Very nice sir, you definitely know the grind, well done Spartan!
JB Linken wrote:
For XP per level I have been tracking the data myself (some of the early levels I took from a post online as I didn't think to record this on day one.)

How this list is read is the rank title and then the XP amount needed to achieve that rank. Please note the number is the total XP required to reach that rank, meaning if you were a Rookie and saw that Recruit requires 10,000 XP, that means it takes 7,000 XP to go from Rookie to Recruit. So far I only have the numbers up to Second Lieutenant as that is my level at the moment.

What I am curious about is if the XP requirements increase in different Tiers. If someone has started Tier 10 and could compare what level they are on and the XP required for their next level up VS the list below which is based on Tier 11, I'd appreciate it.

Spoiler:
Show
YESSSSS! This right here is what is needed, very nice man! That's also exactly what I was wondering, if it increases.
JB Linken wrote:

How this list is read is the rank title and then the XP amount needed to achieve that rank. Please note the number is the total XP required to reach that rank, meaning if you were a Rookie and saw that Recruit requires 10,000 XP, that means it takes 7,000 XP to go from Rookie to Recruit. So far I only have the numbers up to Second Lieutenant as that is my level at the moment.

Spoiler:
Show
YESSSSS! This right here is what is needed, very nice man! That's also exactly what I was wondering, if it increases.
Thanks! I'll be away for a few days so my leveling is going to be put on hold.

If you happen to level past Second Lieutenant and want to edit your post or PM me the new XP numbers I'd appreciate that too.
JB Linken wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

Spoiler:
Show

If you happen to level past Second Lieutenant and want to edit your post or PM me the new XP numbers I'd appreciate that too.
Sweet! Well I'm currently at captain, and I can't tell how to get to where the XP screen is 😔... I'll message you after the next game I play, so you'll know.
EDIT: Found the screen, XP to next level is
976,850/1,066,000
JB Linken wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

Spoiler:
Show

Major, to Lt. Cool is
1,070,350 / 1,188,000