Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Do you consider this cheating?

OP Dr Robaldnik

If I complete challenges for Firefight offline, in custom Firefight, playing a game type I created where I changed the settings to be invincible, give my self a rocket launcher with bottomless clip, unlimited ammo, enabled a skull modifier (red, blue, or yellow) to make the enemy ai easier to kill. Is that cheating? For me, I lean more towards it being not, since it's intentionally designed that way. You can complete these Firefight challenges offline, and you can complete them with any custom made gametype for Firefight. I will say though, that it's a stupidly easy way to unlock everything. I kinda see it as an exploit.
If I complete challenges for Firefight offline, in custom Firefight, playing a game type I created where I changed the settings to be invincible, give my self a rocket launcher with bottomless clip, unlimited ammo, enabled a skull modifier (red, blue, or yellow) to make the enemy ai easier to kill. Is that cheating? For me, I lean more towards it being not, since it's intentionally designed that way. You can complete these Firefight challenges offline, and you can complete them with any custom made gametype for Firefight. I will say though, that it's a stupidly easy way to unlock everything. I kinda see it as an exploit.
No, it's not cheating, it's not an exploit neither because you are not using external tools or "hacking" the game and it's not mandatory to do it in that way.
If you want more challenge, you can do the challenges in the campaign or matchmaking firefight. For me, it's good because it has options for everyone and you can complete them as you want (I know people who has no Gold and want to do the challenges or they don't like to play with others in matchmaking).

Also, in campaign you can use the Bandana skull.

Not everyone wants to play with others and/or has the same ability to play.
No, it's not cheating, it's not an exploit neither because you are not using external tools or "hacking" the game and it's not mandatory to do it in that way.
If you want more challenge, you can do the challenges in the campaign or matchmaking firefight. For me, it's good because it has options for everyone and you can complete them as you want (I know people who has no Gold and want to do the challenges or they don't like to play with others in matchmaking).

That's what I thought. Also, I didn't know you could use the Bandana skull. That's neat. I too am glad that this is possible for people who can only play single-player modes in mind.

That's what I thought. Also, I didn't know you could use the Bandana skull. That's neat. I too am glad that this is possible for people who can only play single-player modes in mind.
Even in matchmaking firefight there is a gametype where you are basically inmortal (you have a lot of overshields) and you can kill elites with one shot and you have loadouts with snipers and that kind of weapons.
Not at all. Cheating is a problem if it spoils the experience for other players.
If you are on your own, by all means be a Spartan demi god in firefight... I did it that way. Allows me me to quicker focus on the true fun of firefight with other players.
If you're using an exploit offline and it doesn't throw in any negative factors for other players, it's harmless, especially in your case. That's not even an exploit, that's just harmless challenge grinding, considering Reach Firefight gives you custom options to choose from, and the challenge never specified otherwise.

Cheating is more like somebody breaking the confines of the game itself with the sole intent of ruining the experience for other people in the game, like glitching into places that leave you un-killable, or like the remaining population on Xbox 360 Halo 3, modding the game to allow you to fly around the map at 300% Speed with an aimbot.
You are using in game mechanics the way they were specifically designed to be used. Thats not cheating, its just using the tools everyone has available.