Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Do you think you’ll continue to play MCC?

OP V6VWR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Once infinite drops, providing it’s as good as it looks - do you think there will still be a solid player base on MCC? As great as infinite looks, I love Halo 3 and will probably bounce between infinite and MCC personally.
V6VWR wrote:
Once infinite drops, providing it’s as good as it looks - do you think there will still be a solid player base on MCC? As great as infinite looks, I love Halo 3 and will probably bounce between infinite and MCC personally.
Yes there'll still be a solid player base on MCC consisting of those who have zero interest in Infinite (myself included) and those who jump back and forth between the two for whatever reason.
As promising as Infinite looks, speaking as a veteran who's been playing Halo since 2001, I'll definitely keep playing MCC. It still has issues, sure, but these classic titles still hold up very well and are close and personal to me. I will never walk away from classic Halo.
I will still play the Halo Master Chief Collection. I really love playing the campaign levels and the multiplayer levels in the Halo Master Chief Collection.
I don’t think I could ever stop playing the campaigns, but if I’m looking to play multiplayer I think I’ll be on Infinite (assuming it’s good and everything lol).
As a "late veteran:" discovering Halo: CE less than a decide after it's initial release, and playing Halo 3's god-awful multiplayer for the first time; i'll never get used to the TTK in Halo 3's registration system for as long as I live, I'll be sticking to both MCC and Infinite. i'm not really in MCC for the nostagia like 99% of the fanbase is, I'm more or less just trying to enjoy myself playing this buggy-ridden, trashcan server, having franchise that'll nevr be properly updated, lol. Jokingly serious put aside, I'll be sticking to both games.
The campaigns, 100% I'll be back for those. Multiplayer... well, I don't really care for it now, so probably not except for Firefight maybe.
Probably not, I spent many years playing all the Halo games and now I'm ready for something new. I'd be more inclined to keep playing if it had a proper ranked mode that was populated.

Funnily enough I'd say the most fun I have had is playing H2:A Hardcore so if Infinite is anything like that I won't look back.
I'll definitely keep coming back to make sure I get the challenges completed.
Yeeeees
I’ll definitely come back to MCC
MCC is a collection of my favourite games I'll always come back to it.
I’ll probably bounce between, with a 60-40 split between infinite and MCC.
V6VWR wrote:
The MCC player base will drop steeply at first, no doubt, but it is going to probably stabilize. And when players have unlocked everything in Season 1 of Infinite, they'll return to MCC until the next Season starts. So it will continue.
I'll come back to mcc now and then when infinite launches
There has usually always been a small number of players playing the last Halo game even after the newer game dropped. H3 on 360 had players for quite awhile. After Infinite drops odds are MCC will lose a lot of players but odds are H3 will still have somewhat of a population. I plan to load up MCC every now and then to see if I can get games. I still play a lot of classic games from time to time. I have NES games on my Xbox one, I still get out my NES or Xbox or game cube or N64 to play classics from time to time.
V6VWR wrote:
I'm really hoping that infinite is good, I don't want to have to come back. I want to play halo, but I don't like dealing with all the issues MCC has. Issues that seem to be accumulating as time goes on. Stuck in "leaving matchmaking", players dropping from the party after games, being unable to send invites and having to make a new lobby. Game crashes and having to sit out while your friends play because you have a ban. Repeatable game crashes by checking your friends game session details in the lobby (Even when you reset your game and go to check again it will crash 100% of the time). Then there's the in game stuff like frame rate drops (CE is particularly bad after the latest season), accepting a party invite and getting stuck in the pause menu mid game (I never accept party invites mid game anymore) and cheaters flying around the map with auto aim. I could go on. I've played 14,000 games, I'm just a few ranks away from tour 9 (Light blue), I've seen it all.

With all that said it is likely I will come back to it at some point here and there. I'm willing to put up with a lot of BS if it means I get to play halo.
Even if Infinite is incredible, I can't see myself just not touching MCC again. MCC is a collection of Halo games we've been playing since 2001. There's 0 chance that I won't go back to play them after Infinite launches. I would have played it a little more even when Halo 5 was out if it hadn't been a busted mess for those few years.
I will pretty much only keep MCC installed for campaign playthroughs. Maybe from time to time I will jump into multiplayer, but even now I am getting bored of it.

I played all of these games' MP to death when they originally launched (except maybe Reach and 4). I played them again with the Xbox One Launch with my wife, and now I am playing them again on a weekly basis on my PC to unlock things. Even with new maps and cosmetics, it is starting to wear on me. Even if they keep adding maps and content, I can't say that I would be compelled to keep playing if a new Halo is available.

I would expect you will see a skeleton population on most playlists after Infinite launches, with only social matches being found regularly. It may even require that you keep a very wide selection on the match composer to find games during the off hours.
I think I will probably switch over. The games in the MCC will always be fun to hop back in and play but I want to give Infinite a fair shot. I played Halo 5 off and on for 3 years but have always tried to play the MCC in one way or another. However, I think Infinite is going to better then Halo 5 ever was.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4