Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Does anybody prefer Halo 2A Multiplayer?

OP Dr Robaldnik

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Its just a simple question. When I go into Halo MCC's multiplayer, I prefer playing the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer over the others. It was made for this game. Does anybody else do this?
Its just a simple question. When I go into Halo MCC's multiplayer, I prefer playing the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer over the others. It was made for this game. Does anybody else do this?
I really don't play MCC, but when I do, I really enjoy H2A.
H2A is my 2nd favorite, I still love Halo 3.
Yes, it's my favorite, then CE. Those are the only ones that I play
I haven't played the game much yet, but from my little experience with it and from what I have seen on YouTube since lunch, I feel like it is a rushed H4/H2 hybrid. It feels like you are playing Halo 2, with some differences (like the addition of the Assault Rifle), on Halo 4's engine. I don't know if it is actually made on H4's engine but the glossy look of the graphics look like it is.

In conclusion, I believe that gameplay wise it is really good, but it really looks like H4 to me and this makes me feel like it was. kinda rushed.
Themaras10 wrote:
I haven't played the game much yet, but from my little experience with it and from what I have seen on YouTube since lunch, I feel like it is a rushed H4/H2 hybrid. It feels like you are playing Halo 2, with some differences (like the addition of the Assault Rifle), on Halo 4's engine. I don't know if it is actually made on H4's engine but the glossy look of the graphics look like it is.

In conclusion, I believe that gameplay wise it is really good, but it really looks like H4 to me and this makes me feel like it was. kinda rushed.
Definitely feels more like H4. H2a has mad aim assist and crazy hit detection I think they wanted to make it easier for casuals like H4/h5
Themaras10 wrote:

Definitely feels more like H4. H2a has mad aim assist and crazy hit detection I think they wanted to make it easier for casuals like H4/h5
I don't think H5 would be very easy for casuals, even in warzone.
Themaras10 wrote:

It is. It takes the least amount of skill out of any Halo, it's heavily codified.
Themaras10 wrote:

It's the aim assist in H2A like in Halo 4 and Halo 5 it's way to lenient for headshots and sniping. I've seen countless times where a sniper's bullet impact hits you in the chest and it registers as a headshot. The same goes with a BR or DMR in H2A,4 and 5 the aim assist is way to much and headshots are rewarded to easily.
I try to play the H2a playlist but wait times are long and I always seem to wind up in a pro Slayer environment with actual pro players which has not been a fun experience.

I'm simply try trying to get the zealot and shields up achievements and it's been brutally frustrating.

Cheers, Brad
GT SquareRigged
It's great. It's easily my favorite thing 343i has done. Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer is the direction I wish they had taken the multiplayer for 4 and 5. I play it whenever I can since it's the only true classic experience for us old school guys since 2007.
It's great. It's easily my favorite thing 343i has done. Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer is the direction I wish they had taken the multiplayer for 4 and 5. I play it whenever I can since it's the only true classic experience for us old school guys since 2007.
That's one thing I've debated internally, different mechanics between games. I'm not a great MP, but CE, 3 and 4, I hold my own for the most part, but H2, I'm atrocious and can't figure out why.
YES IKR. It's like combining the graphics and cool weapons/vehicles of Halo 4 and Halo 5 with the main mechanics of Halo 2 and Halo 3.

I would have loved it if Halo 5 turned out like this, like a hybrid between Bungie style and 343 style.

But of course sprinting just HAD to be a thing...
h2A
It's pretty solid though it carries over some of the weapon balance issues that exist in Halo 2 like the Needler sucking. I wish I could say I had more matchmaking experience with it, but everyone votes Halo 3 with no exceptions so I can't really say.
I really love h2a's style of multiplayer, it sorta feels like a mix between halo 4 and halo 2, but I think it worked out well, I wish they had more stuff put into it cause It HAS potiental! But they did jack -Yoink- with it in matchmaking and in general, I wish it would pop more frequently in cross game playlists.
I don't mind the Halo 2A multiplayer, I generally love all of the multiplayer for all the games. But I don't know, I really love the classic Halo Ce multiplayer, its funny, fun, and just really awesome in my opinion.
I really like the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. But the thing that just bugs me about is the sound effects for it.
Halo 2 anniversary is MCC's main attraction, I prefer it. Even it's graphics are better than Halo 5's.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3