Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Does Bandanna Skull disable Legendary Achievements

OP Fabio Iz B3AST

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I am playing through Halo Ce's missions and I'm starting library right now, I want to do the "That just happened" with the bandana skull On, but does it disable the achievements for completing the game on easy, normal, heroic and legendary achievements?
Yes
As far as i know all cheat skulls (so bandana, envy and skarab) disable completion achievements.
Yes, any of the skulls that grant actual benefits (like bandana or scarab gun skulls) to the player negate level completion achievements and I would think side achievements like 'That Just Happened', the many achievements involving not getting into a vehicle, and so forth. However, there are exceptions. Such skulls do not negate achievements involving easter eggs. Most of the time any way.
If the skull shows a score multiplyer of x1.00 then yes you can do it.
Like the Grunt Birthday Skull.
I used that on legendary.
Beat it and got the achievements.
If it shows a x0.00 then it means you can't.
There are a few skulls with a zero.

Only use them if you beat the campaign already.
For Halo 1 a pistol and plasma pistol are your best friends.
Drop that shield and headshot them.
You can also use stealth to sneak past some parts.
Line of sight.
You don't have to kill everything you see.
Okay thank you for clearing this up.. I know a guy who got "that just happened" with the bandana skull so I would want to try, but since it disable the other cheevos I am doing I wont do that now, later when I beat it on legendary. So another question, is Boom skull in those said restrictions?

Line of sight.
oh Okay dude, that was really helpfull indeed. It definitely cleared up pretty much everything I was confused on, thanks A TON. Now gotta go back and kill more enemies like a True Spartan does :P
i had bandana on beat the whole game and got the achievements.
I can't really give a definite yes or no.
As others have said, skulls with x0.00 multiplier are supposed to disable some achievements, but still allow others like the easter egg related ones.
I've gotten quite a few achievements on Halo 2 using the Bandana and Scarab skulls, but when I turned them off none of the other achievements would unlock.

On CE: Anniversary for Xbox 360, I was able to get a ton of achievements while using Bandana, so unless they really changed things up, it should probably still work for the "That Just Happened" achievement.

I just don't want to tell you wrong.

Line of sight.
It's the LASO challenges that have me worried...
I am playing through Halo Ce's missions and I'm starting library right now, I want to do the "That just happened" with the bandana skull On, but does it disable the achievements for completing the game on easy, normal, heroic and legendary achievements?
yes you can cause i still unlocked the living legend achievement
yes you can cause i still unlocked the living legend achievement
deleted message
I used bandana and got the achievements. The onlyones blocked for me were the par times and scoring achievements.
i just played a mission with every 0.00x i could find and it still goes towards legend achievement
just not score, time, par achievements
Bandana Skull only disables par time and par score achievements. Every other achievement is still valid
So I can activate all skulls to make legendary easier and still get achievement right?
I will not only get the achievements for time, score and etc?
Bandana Skull only disables par time and par score achievements. Every other achievement is still valid
Are you sure? I was doing my first run a couple of weeks ago, after finally getting my shiny new Halo 5 LE console, I was doing silent cartographer and no achievement for even finishing it while I had the bandana skull on. I was even on normal to kinda make sure it would definitely count. Any idea why?
With Bandanna and other 0x score multiplier skulls can't you unlock:
  • Par Time Achievements
  • Par Score Achievements
  • Campaign and mission completion achievements.

Line of sight.
I am going to use that strategy, for some reason mindlessly killing anything we see is just second nature to gamers now
0.00x skulls simple disable Par Time & Par Score achievements. I know because I used them to get a lot of the other achievements.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3