Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Does Bandanna Skull disable Legendary Achievements

OP Fabio Iz B3AST

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The 0 score skulls only disables the Par time & Par score achievements, not the others, because I did it Legendary on Halo 2 once & it only disable the time & scoring.
I know for certain as of just a few months ago you could get Legendary completion credit for CE with Bandanna on, b/c I did. I don't know how that may have been affected with the most recent patch, tho.

Using it does seem to increase the chance a mission won't save correctly, I had to re-do several. Make sure it isn't something else that's keeping the mission from saving right, if you're having trouble. There are all sorts of things that seem to keep this game from saving your progress correctly unfortunately. (Skipping cutscenes, saving and quitting, etc.)
i tried it out, i had halo 2a done on normal, did cairo station on legendary just now with scarab skull and bandana and boom it says i completed it on legendary, yes i guess u can still get legendary achievements
Okay so i was playing halo ce on legendary with the bandana skull and passed it but it hasn't given me an achievement why?
Okay so i was playing halo ce on legendary with the bandana skull and passed it but it hasn't given me an achievement why?
From your service record, it's showing that Two Betrayals and Keyes have only been completed on Normal. If you run them again you should get the achievement
Yes, sadly
you can use 0.00 multiplayer skulls to get the competition achievements but not the par time or scores. And that goes for all games.
Yes, and any other skull considered a "cheat" skull will do that, as well as give you a 0 modifier for your score.
A bit late to this party, but no. I should know, I did the campaigns on my second account with those skulls and got the achievements.
I'm so confused on this cause half are saying it does half says it doesn't.

I personally have done all CE missions on legendary but the MAW. My achievements says only 2/10 for legend achievement. As well as my mission completion ones.

so as far as I see it disables your "completion", par time, and par score.
I still am wondering about this I might try and finish ce today with the cheat skulls on to see if it works
I know this is an old thread, and I apologize for that, but since there seems to be a lot of confusion on this topic I will clarify on it. After I went through and beat MCC:CEA Solo Legendary, I ran it again on my son's account to help him. I RAN IT WITH THE BANDANA SKULL ACTIVE, and it gave him credit for the Solo Legendary achievement. So, for the record, THE BANDANA SKULL DOES NOT DISABLE ACHIEVEMENTS, only part times and mission scoring. I would assume the same holds true if you're trying for LASO or SLASO, especially considering the Iron Skull being required. Even though for some odd reason, my service record has not updated to show it, I have completed EVERY Halo on Solo Legendary, except OG Halo 1, Halo Wars, and the spin offs. I assume it's because I haven't logged into Waypoint in years; could that be the case? Time to work on LASO...
Very helpful this
On Halo MCC you can unlock the achievements for beating the game on legendary and heroic using the skull that gives you unlimited ammo. I just did it using that method and it worked
It seems that it does works. But on Waypoint, it'll show that you completed the level on Legendary, with no score. So unless you completed it again, without cheat skulls, people can tell that's how you completed the level on Legendary. But if that doesn't matter to you, then there's no dilemma, other than the par time and score achievements.
I used the scarab skull to complete halo 2 on legendary . I earned the achievements but it could indeed be patched by now
I'm playing Halo CE on Legendary, solo and I've got five skulls active: The Bandanna, Grunt Birthday Party, Grunt Funeral, Pinata, and Boom. I'm not trying to rack up scores or par time, or any of that, I'm just trying to beat the game on Legendary, which I did, but it's not showing up on my Halo Waypoint progress tracker and I didn't get the achievements, including "Living Legend". It also shows that I beat the game on Legendary. Also, I did skip cut scenes. Have I missed anything?

Addendum: The Maw, and Cairo Station is the only levels shown on my Halo Waypoint profile.
The only ones it disables are the scoring and time achievements
The bandana skull is tons of fun. But it wouldn't be right if it didn't disable achievements; it breaks the game. Achievements are to probe that you can accomplish difficult things, under regular gameplay constraints.
Yes, any skull that is considered a cheat disable achievements.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3