Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Does the Greatest Hits version come with patches?

OP Larry Tanng

A "Greatest Hits" disc version was released in Japan on Feb 25, 2016, and I was wondering if it was a more "fixed and complete" version than the US launch disc. I can't find any info on it. The reason I want to know is because I like collecting physical copies of games that I love that contain post launch patches and/or DLC (like "greatest hits", "platinum hits", etc..), so that I can know for sure that I own the most complete hard copy available.

Anyone know?
A "Greatest Hits" disc version was released in Japan on Feb 25, 2016, and I was wondering if it was a more "fixed and complete" version than the US launch disc. I can't find any info on it. The reason I want to know is because I like collecting physical copies of games that I love that contain post launch patches and/or DLC (like "greatest hits", "platinum hits", etc..), so that I can know for sure that I own the most complete hard copy available.

Anyone know?
I would imagine that its the same.
You will get patches online as they are updated and released. Even if the hard copy does contain patches, its two years old now and a new patch in forth coming this next year.
You will get patches online as they are updated and released. Even if the hard copy does contain patches, its two years old now and a new patch in forth coming this next year.
Exactly. It's not going to have the Spring 2018 Update on it which will hopefully be the last patch MCC needs
Time will tell if this will be the last patch for MCC. We all hope so.