Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With Infinite looming, I'm curious, are many people going to just abandon the MCC or even Halo 5? Just hoping people remain back here, least for a short while.
I abandoned 5 years ago (because I have taste), and I'm not going to play Infinite unless something changes dramatically ( very unlikely).

I haven't decided about MCC long term. On the one hand, they're my favorite games, on the other, I'm not sure I want to keep putting energy into a franchise when the publisher and developers seem intent on alienating me.
I abandoned 5 years ago (because I have taste), and I'm not going to play Infinite unless something changes dramatically ( very unlikely).

I haven't decided about MCC long term. On the one hand, they're my favorite games, on the other, I'm not sure I want to keep putting energy into a franchise when the publisher and developers seem intent on alienating me.
That is very fair. 5 is the worst tbh, so I'm hoping we get back to roots. Or stay in them.
I'll still play Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5: Guardians when Halo: Infinite releases, mainly because playing Custom Games is fun with friends on both titles.
I have already abandoned H5 for MCC.... Whether I abandoned MCC for Infinite depends on which I prefer playing. The game play of Infinite looked fun to me so odds are MCC and H5 will be ghost towns after infinite drops.
If they keep putting out new seasons worth of content I don’t see any reason to drop it even after Infinite releases. H5’s support ran dry years ago, and after reaching 152 and earning Achilles I don’t really have any goals left in the game. Love em or hate em the ranked challenges have been pushing me to be a better Halo player and keep me playing daily.
We will likely see a repeat of what happened when H5 came out. People left MCC for H5 for awhile until they realized H5 ain’t what Halo is and most flicked back to MCC. I’m willing to bet we will see something similar with Infinite. A large spike leaving MCC upon infinites release then returning to MCC not too long after.

This has been me to a letter. Plus the bugs in MCC are ridiculous, sometimes they render the game unplayable all together.
Will have to wait and see. I'm sure I'll max rank Infinite eventually but if it's good then I may play a bit of MCC and Infinite after hitting max ranks but if it's like Halo 5 then I'm sure it'll be leading to me avoiding it after max rank is reached. Though I feel like no matter what happens I'll always come back to MCC eventually.
I will never abandon MCC as it's got the 5 best Halo games all in one place for me to play (CE to Reach). Plus I have zero interest in Infinite.
Levy46 wrote:

That is very fair. 5 is the worst tbh, so I'm hoping we get back to roots. Or stay in them.
Nothing about infinite’s gameplay shows it’s going back to halos roots. Looks nearly identical in gameplay to H5 minus thrusters and jet pack. Oh and throw in armor abilities that you pick up and swap like reach.

infinite’s gameplay is going to be some weird amalgamation of reach and halo 5. My expectations were low but I was honestly insulted by what they showed off in July.

It’s honestly shameless to try an lure people back with an attempt at emulating bungies art (yet somehow still messed that up) and..... equipment from halo 3. It’s just insulting to try and pass that off as a return to roots. Just like when they said H5 would be a return to H2 roots by having “equal starts” despite being the most different of any halo.

I don’t have a problem with equipment but that’s the one thing in classic Halo that people are split on as it was removed from esports and limited in ranked. And they bring those back?

infinite looks bad and 343 may be pulling the wool over peoples eyes yet again
Halo 5 launched in a terrible way, 343 did well to give support and update it over the years, but my love for H5 still ran dry and I found myself returning back to MCC for the core trilogy, especially for Halo: CE. I don't have high hopes for Infinite, given the track record of 343 and their shabby game launches, but I'll play through campaign, then possibly stick around for btb if I find it exciting enough.

If my H1 btb crew buys the game as well, we will take some time off from MCC, but nothing will break my love for H1, with it's dynamic power up physics, bizzare vehicle physics, predictable item, vehicle, & player spawning system, grenade tricks, and boundary breaks etc.

I'd really like to make big team battle more competitive, but many skilled players are jaded by the drastic changes 343 made with their Halo games since 2011, so I imagine that they will keep to their favorites that they know and love.
I already am planning on Leaving Halo 5 when Infinite launches, definitely not abandoning MCC cause it has all the classics on there and I love playing Halo 2 Classic
Levy46 wrote:
With Infinite looming, I'm curious, are many people going to just abandon the MCC or even Halo 5? Just hoping people remain back here, least for a short while.
Contrary to stupidly popular belief, whether or not you think a game is dying doesnt matter until the servers shut down for good (fat chance for MCC to shut down anytime soon given the recent additions and still upcoming content).

So yes plenty folk will be playing. Myself included. Despite the crap people give Halo 5 its a more competent game than people give it credit for, especially in terms of gunplay but the REQ system, shoddy storytelling and extreme competitiveness turns the game off for some.

Its a shame because Halo 5 does many things that need to return, but evidently we arent ready for that conversation yet.
Levy46 wrote:
Contrary to stupidly popular belief, whether or not you think a game is dying doesnt matter until the servers shut down for good (fat chance for MCC to shut down anytime soon given the recent additions and still upcoming content).

So yes plenty folk will be playing. Myself included. Despite the crap people give Halo 5 its a more competent game than people give it credit for, especially in terms of gunplay but the REQ system, shoddy storytelling and extreme competitiveness turns the game off for some.

Its a shame because Halo 5 does many things that need to return, but evidently we arent ready for that conversation yet.
I agree on some levels, tbh though Halo 5 doesn't feel like a Halo game. For each thing it does right, it does two wrong. Respect the opinion though
Only place I can play the goats: halo CE and halo 2 so I will never abandon them even though they aren’t the originals or as good as the originals.
No. People don’t play MCC because it’s the definitive current Halo experience. They play it specifically because it’s the legacy Halo experience. I think these are two completely seperate groups of players and Infinite will cause empty servers only right after release, then we’ll all go back to playing whatever our favorite is. It’ll only cannabilze the Halo 5 share who specifically want the latest and greatest. This effect isn’t specific to Halo, it’s true for any game that has both a current and legacy set. If I wanna unwind with some Super Mario, I’m far more likely to boot up my SNES than my Switch.
As soon as I got the Achilles helmet, I kind of just stopped playing Halo 5. Like I don't know it was kind of too competitive of a multiplayer experience and the campaign just wasn't all that interesting to me so I just haven't played it in a long time. MCC is the home for my favorite halo experiences so I will keep coming back to it I'm sure.
Slatching wrote:
Halo 5 launched in a terrible way, 343 did well to give support and update it over the years, but my love for H5 still ran dry and I found myself returning back to MCC for the core trilogy, especially for Halo: CE. I don't have high hopes for Infinite, given the track record of 343 and their shabby game launches, but I'll play through campaign, then possibly stick around for btb if I find it exciting enough.

If my H1 btb crew buys the game as well, we will take some time off from MCC, but nothing will break my love for H1, with it's dynamic power up physics, bizzare vehicle physics, predictable item, vehicle, & player spawning system, grenade tricks, and boundary breaks etc.

I'd really like to make big team battle more competitive, but many skilled players are jaded by the drastic changes 343 made with their Halo games since 2011, so I imagine that they will keep to their favorites that they know and love.
Same, never leaving CE. Nothin beats a tank miss shooting you n you flip the enemy tank by ramming it with your warthog. Or it dont flip n you end up flying in the air. Id rather play CE with half the team afk than any other multiplayer.
The old Halos aged like fine wine. No matter how bad modern Halo could get, the old Halos will still always be there and I'll never stop playing them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2