Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
idk, I'm doing what I can to get max rank before that happens (about 20% of the way there on MCC and 10% on 5. kill me). Currently trying to finish up 4 as well just for the hell of it but it's pretty much dead. So it could happen. But 4's multiplayer was exceptionally polarizing. so.

update: Grinding the hell out of spartan ops for commendations, but it looks like I'll need 508 chapters to get to max rank even with every single commendation I can get. That's a lot of time I could spend on MCC or 5.
Well, considering we have no idea when Infinite is coming out, there's still quite a bit of time left. Myself, I will always come back to the MCC. Even when I'm invested in other games, classic Halo just hits different, and having that experience is something I will always value. I hope the game maintains a strong playerbase (though a lot of that is dictated by the support for the game). The introduction of the customs browser, and hopefully some Halo online content should keep the game alive for quite a while... But having seen the customs browser in Halo 5, I do fear for the sanity of the playerbase.
If I end up getting to 152 (currently at 149) in H5 by the time Infinite is released, I'll definitely be putting it away for good. I will never abandon the MCC, which really says something about H5 (at least to me). Unlike MCC, H5 has aged poorly, to the point where it's hard for me to even get into H5 again, as much as I want to get to 152.
Don't see MCC taking that much of a major hit (at least on xbox), if we are already playing this games despite them being years old, we really care and will still be there in the future. 5 is going to be deader than the original H2 currently on xbox live. Everyone I know only plays it because it's the latest one yet it's already low on population, and if they already accepted such game and stayed in it, I don't see why they wouldn't with craiglo infinite no matter how bad or different it is.
Nah right now its seems more like H5 is the game evryone will forget. The Thing is the MCC is THE place for legacy Halo Titles for all fans to return , and with Custom Games Browser and PC stuff it going to not die. honestly there are over 15 year old niche games out there that still have populations in the thousands. while it might take a while to find niche gametypes/game combos surely i dont see it die. dont forget these are the classics after all. Halo Custom edition on PC still has a sizeable population after all , Halo 2 Had until shutdown a population of roughly 2000 players always online , halo 2 pc even while shutdown has a moded version to revive multiplayer with a small loyal community. Halo 3 on the 360 after all the years and problems still has active players and reach even more. Dont know about H4. The fact that the collection is avaviable across Xbox one / Series X/S / and pc also helps. If the bad steam version of counter strike 1.6 can maintain a healthy population why shouldnt the mcc ?
edit : also mcc is on the gamepass wich in itself helps it population
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2