Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search...

Over and over...
That sum up my first few months of MP
Had this same issue as well. Over time, it's gotten marginally better. But, you still have a delay, unfortunately.
Well I just want h3A in Mcc so they're force to look at the mess and fix it
Oh no please not.... wouldnt be good for Halo 3 even though it would fit perfectly into the Colleciton

Released on MCC as DLC
-1. Sales would be really low because of the bad history of MCC -> low population
-2. maybe only ~4-5 Maps because its just a Addon
-3. more bugs to fight against (MCC-Bugs+Halo3-Bugs)
+4. low price
-5. less support for a Addon than for a real game

Released as a full Game
+1. Sales would be really high!
+2. Maybe +10 Maps because its a full game
+3. "only" bugs of Halo 3 to fight with
+4 More support
-5 normal price for a full game
That would further split player population between mcc, h5 , and h3a
I bought xbox one with Halo 5 but I dont like so I sold Halo 5 and bought TMCC and It was a great decision. Meaby it has some bugs and netcoding players was really slow but it is a real halo game no a COD-HYBRID like Halo 5 with automatic weapons and non skill gameplay. The game only need a litlle update, some of support from 343i and add firefight to be the perfect halo experience on xbox one. This, it is only my opinion, dont hit me please xd.
Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search... Players Found... Restarting Search...

Over and over...
That's what has been happening to me recently in Halo 4 matchmaking, especially with Big Team Slayer (or whatever it is called). Though, I'm playing H4 on the 360 since I don't have an XB1 yet...
(And yeah, I couldn't delete those other quote boxes I accidentally put in there... ._. )
I bought xbox one with Halo 5 but I dont like so I sold Halo 5 and bought TMCC and It was a great decision. Meaby it has some bugs and netcoding players was really slow but it is a real halo game no a COD-HYBRID like Halo 5 with automatic weapons and non skill gameplay. The game only need a litlle update, some of support from 343i and add firefight to be the perfect halo experience on xbox one. This, it is only my opinion, dont hit me please xd.
Mcc is the most content fill game ever
The only issue with MCC is that 343 completely abandoned it, a decision that I'm not happy about at all.
I'm also going to buy the MCC soon. I want the good old halo feeling back.

I'm not saying I dislike Halo 5 but it just isn't the same.
I play it at least once a week with my friends on split screen on Halo 1 - 3. To me it is not dead. It is just not as alive.
I still want them to fix the remaining major issues. If they did the game would be amazing
I love mcc, all its needs is to be polished up have some mp fixes and bug fixes and its polished up.
Plus once done with Halo 5 DLC's and maybe Halo Wars 2, they it fixed since the're so busy.
Oh no please not.... wouldnt be good for Halo 3 even though it would fit perfectly into the Colleciton

Released on MCC as DLC
-1. Sales would be really low because of the bad history of MCC -> low population
+4. low price

Released as a full Game
+4 More support
well said Halo3A would be great as a full game not an addon

Released on MCC as DLC
+4. low price

Released as a full Game
+4 More support
I've been very active on the MCC forums trying to convince people of this. People keep asking for Halo 3A to be added to the MCC and it's just the worst idea at this point. If MCC had been the game it was promised to be, I could have backed the idea, but right now we need a Halo 3A that is a stand alone, completely redone game. With the Campaign done the same as CEA and 2A and then a remastered MP in the same vein as Halo 2A MP. We need all the maps of Halo 3 remastered (and if leaving the Classic MP out of the game and only in the MCC was the cost of having more maps remastered for Halo 3A, then I'd be all for it). We need a Halo 3 forge that rivals Halo 4, if not Halo 5. A fully remastered MP could mean more weapons (Halo CE pistol), better weapon mechanics (Halo 2 hitscan) more vehicles (Spectre, Revenant) If the love and time was put in to the game it could really be the best Halo game since Halo 3 itself.

Not necessarily.

MCC has lost much of it's potential population because of the issues of the game. There are thousands of people who are either not playing Halo at all because of the problems. And even for those who are just putting up with either the MCC or Halo 5, Halo 3A could be the game that both MCC and Halo 5 was promised to be. Halo 3A would be for the players who were let down by other efforts.

Quite frankly I don't care if those that prefer the Halo 5 style come over to Halo 3A or stay with Halo 5, the game isn't for them anyway, and in all honesty they can be broken in to two groups, those who didn't buy MCC because "it's slow", so they wouldn't buy Halo 3A anyway even as a MCC add on, and those who will buy Halo 3A because they buy anything with Halo in the title.

And those who are enjoying Halo MCC still deserve more. They deserve a game that is updated and looked after. They deserved working dedicated servers (both in and out of the states). They deserve a working ranking system with a healthy population to facilitate it. They deserve a well thought out set of playlists that cater for both social and ranked play. 2017 will mark the 3 year release of MCC, so moving on to Halo 3A wont be the sudden and premature death blow 343i lined up with the 2015 release of Halo 5. And we could make sure Halo 3A with a remastered MP has gametypes, weapons, and maps that allow for HCE and H2 gameplay. We could hopefully support the game with more remastered and ported maps from HCE and H2 (even Halo 2A).
343i doesn't give two monkeys about MCC anymore now that Halo 5 is their biggest source of money. Quite a shame really, I really want to play the classic Halo but with the broken state of the game it's put myself off from playing it.
Richnj wrote:

Released on MCC as DLC
+4. low price

Released as a full Game
+4 More support
I've been very active on the MCC forums trying to convince people of this. People keep asking for Halo 3A to be added to the MCC and it's just the worst idea at this point. If MCC had been the game it was promised to be, I could have backed the idea, but right now we need a Halo 3A that is a stand alone, completely redone game. With the Campaign done the same as CEA and 2A and then a remastered MP in the same vein as Halo 2A MP. We need all the maps of Halo 3 remastered (and if leaving the Classic MP out of the game and only in the MCC was the cost of having more maps remastered for Halo 3A, then I'd be all for it). We need a Halo 3 forge that rivals Halo 4, if not Halo 5. A fully remastered MP could mean more weapons (Halo CE pistol), better weapon mechanics (Halo 2 hitscan) more vehicles (Spectre, Revenant) If the love and time was put in to the game it could really be the best Halo game since Halo 3 itself.

Not necessarily.

MCC has lost much of it's potential population because of the issues of the game. There are thousands of people who are either not playing Halo at all because of the problems. And even for those who are just putting up with either the MCC or Halo 5, Halo 3A could be the game that both MCC and Halo 5 was promised to be. Halo 3A would be for the players who were let down by other efforts.

Quite frankly I don't care if those that prefer the Halo 5 style come over to Halo 3A or stay with Halo 5, the game isn't for them anyway, and in all honesty they can be broken in to two groups, those who didn't buy MCC because "it's slow", so they wouldn't buy Halo 3A anyway even as a MCC add on, and those who will buy Halo 3A because they buy anything with Halo in the title.

And those who are enjoying Halo MCC still deserve more. They deserve a game that is updated and looked after. They deserved working dedicated servers (both in and out of the states). They deserve a working ranking system with a healthy population to facilitate it. They deserve a well thought out set of playlists that cater for both social and ranked play. 2017 will mark the 3 year release of MCC, so moving on to Halo 3A wont be the sudden and premature death blow 343i lined up with the 2015 release of Halo 5. And we could make sure Halo 3A with a remastered MP has gametypes, weapons, and maps that allow for HCE and H2 gameplay. We could hopefully support the game with more remastered and ported maps from HCE and H2 (even Halo 2A).
The thing is that 343 Wont support h3a extensively since halo 5 is the money maker. And like I said I want h3 to get the same treatment as h2a. However, i want h3a to be in mcc because then they would be force to fix the game. If the made a standalone h3a, then they'll never fix mcc since h3a will distract classic fans from mcc. H3a being standalone means that both 343 and the fan have both forgotten and given up on the mc. I don't want that to happen.
I would never let the MCC die
Just that i dont have an xbone
Richnj wrote:

Released on MCC as DLC
+4. low price

Released as a full Game
+4 More support
The thing is that 343 Wont support h3a extensively since halo 5 is the money maker. And like I said I want h3 to get the same treatment as h2a. However, i want h3a to be in mcc because then they would be force to fix the game. If the made a standalone h3a, then they'll never fix mcc since h3a will distract classic fans from mcc. H3a being standalone means that both 343 and the fan have both forgotten and given up on the mc. I don't want that to happen.
I know, but I'm trying to pick my battles. If ever Major Nelson posts something Halo related I don't hesitate to remind him and all the people read that MCC still needs work done. But of course you get the uber fanboys tell you that "MCC has been fixed for over a year" and "You must not play the MCC"/"You must not have played the MCC recently, it's been working for ages".

MS and 343i have successfully convinced people that the MCC is how the game should be. They've convinced people that cutting content and fixing mistakes post launch is actually in the consumers' best interest and that they are actually doing them a favour.

I'm trying to see at least one Halo game come out under 343i's "stewardship" of the Halo franchise that doesn't cut content, doesn't cobble together old code and call it a game, that doesn't look at other popular franchises and think "well if those gameplay mechanics makes money for them it will make money for us". I want to see at least one classic game released that was actually done with care, attention to detail and through a love of the franchise, not a love for the money the franchise brings in. Because let's be honest, the money will come anyway.

I'm truly hoping that we can get a game released that comes with a solid campaign, proper MP, 4v4 and 8v8, all the playlists (including social) all the gametypes, vehicles and weapons. That builds upon the social features, like file sharing, forge, LAN, Split Screen, and so on. Solid gameplay that focuses on team work and map control and no stupid modes added in purely for the purpose of selling RNG MTs. I want to push for this because I want to prove to 343i and their community that they don't need to "evolve" by following trends to the letter. I want to see a real change in the way 343i handles games, and the 343i community views games (and the direction and development) after they've experienced a game that goes against the grain. Because as it is, neither of them seem willing to break from their cycle, and both would see MCC buried anyway.
I think the MCC is great. After a rough start I gave it some time to to be cleaned up.

The game has worked great since coming back regularly the last month or so. I just think the cross game playlists is brutal & causing people to quit. I would do the following with MCC to give it quicker search times and a longer life for MM.

Playlists:

H1: 4v4 slayer / objective
H2c: 4v4 slayer / objective
H2A: 4v4 slayer / objective
H3: 4v4 slayer / objective
H4: 4v4 slayer / objective
BTB classic slayer / objectives
BTB modern slayer / objectives

7 playlists. Every possible 'standard' game type for each Halo. Players actually get choice in what game they play (helps quitting and happiness).

For infection, griffball, etc... The newest Halo is the only that realistically can hold population to sustain in today's market (so right now, H5).
I think it really has improved, but with multiplayer a specific lobby for each respective game. I remember feeling the same way with Halo 4 multiplayer, paying for DLCs and never getting to play the maps, because there was no playlist for the DLCs except for the week of the release, and no one liked the DLC maps.
Richnj wrote:
Richnj wrote:

Released on MCC as DLC
+4. low price

Released as a full Game
+4 More support
I know, but I'm trying to pick my battles. If ever Major Nelson posts something Halo related I don't hesitate to remind him and all the people read that MCC still needs work done. But of course you get the uber fanboys tell you that "MCC has been fixed for over a year" and "You must not play the MCC"/"You must not have played the MCC recently, it's been working for ages".

MS and 343i have successfully convinced people that the MCC is how the game should be. They've convinced people that cutting content and fixing mistakes post launch is actually in the consumers' best interest and that they are actually doing them a favour.

I'm trying to see at least one Halo game come out under 343i's "stewardship" of the Halo franchise that doesn't cut content, doesn't cobble together old code and call it a game, that doesn't look at other popular franchises and think "well if those gameplay mechanics makes money for them it will make money for us". I want to see at least one classic game released that was actually done with care, attention to detail and through a love of the franchise, not a love for the money the franchise brings in. Because let's be honest, the money will come anyway.

I'm truly hoping that we can get a game released that comes with a solid campaign, proper MP, 4v4 and 8v8, all the playlists (including social) all the gametypes, vehicles and weapons. That builds upon the social features, like file sharing, forge, LAN, Split Screen, and so on. Solid gameplay that focuses on team work and map control and no stupid modes added in purely for the purpose of selling RNG MTs. I want to push for this because I want to prove to 343i and their community that they don't need to "evolve" by following trends to the letter. I want to see a real change in the way 343i handles games, and the 343i community views games (and the direction and development) after they've experienced a game that goes against the grain. Because as it is, neither of them seem willing to break from their cycle, and both would see MCC buried anyway.
Well I would say that mcc definitely been treated with care, more than any game in this generation. There are many signs of respect for the franchise in the mcc. The only problem is that it doesn't work. While I truly want people to care enough about the mc, it's not going to happen. Not just 343, but the fans as well unfortunately have been trying to buried the mcc from existent.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3