Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Don't you think it's time to release the Skulls?

OP Exu

The pre-order skulls were meant to have a short exclusivity period, and some of those were only available from obscure sources, or in some countries not available at all.

As an example, in the UK the Bandana skull was only available from GameStop. In the US a huge chain, in the UK a smaller online only store based in Ireland. And they decided to charge more for the privilege. Now there's a dude selling Bandana on eBay for £100. £100!

Or BOOM, only available if your preordered MCC digitally I believe.

I was under the impression they'd be released for all before Halo 5 came out. As it is, part of the game is essentially missing. If Deus Ex can release all preorder DLC for free, or FFXV can do it for a small fee, then MCC certainly can. I'm sure people would give Halo 2 another go with new ways to play as well.

It wouldn't even be much effort, just un-hide them on the marketplace and make them available to all OR release a "Headhunter" bundle and link that to the skull download listings. Probably a one-person job. Heck, Fable III made its preorder DLC available to all ages later thanks to one employee listening.

tl;dr Please release the Halo MCC preorder skulls.
Okay double post but wow okay apparently they were actually made available ages ago but in-game?

I've not seen them in my game, and had no idea! but supposedly a reinstall should fix it. Boy do I feel daft now.
Well, there's one skull for Halo 2 that's still locked. You were supposed to watch the series "Halo Nightfall" and the skull will unlock. The skull effect have something to do with "Hunter." I would like to have that skull available, since I already watched the series
Well, there's one skull for Halo 2 that's still locked. You were supposed to watch the series "Halo Nightfall" and the skull will unlock. The skull effect have something to do with "Hunter." I would like to have that skull available, since I already watched the series
The Skull would make Hunters more dangerous by giving them more health and making them more aggressive.
Can't you still get that by watching Nightfall? I mean, I agree they should have it unlocked by default, but i's still not inaccessible.
I watched nightfall and let me tell you, that makes hunters so strong.