1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So from what I'm understanding from everyone's responses, the double XP is pretty random. Some matches it kicks in, others it doesn't. I've gotten it since originally making this thread, but it doesn't happen every match.
DoubleSama wrote:
So apparently Double XP Weekend has begun in MCC, but as far as I can tell the match XP limit is still in place. Doesn't this just mean that AFK players are getting rewarded? If you're actually playing in a match I find that you typically hit or get very close to the limit anyway.
Sadly exp limit means player who actually play the game get hit by the limit and people cheating by being afk getting rewarded more since there unlikely to get higher exp normally by using using the exploit due to being afk. First time I think 343i poorly thought this through and if my 'fire-team' 2nd player is afk then I'm basically punished with less exp since I can't support a team member who is afk. I really hope people going afk get long term bans.
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
So apparently Double XP Weekend has begun in MCC, but as far as I can tell the match XP limit is still in place. Doesn't this just mean that AFK players are getting rewarded? If you're actually playing in a match I find that you typically hit or get very close to the limit anyway.
Sadly exp limit means player who actually play the game get hit by the limit and people cheating by being afk getting rewarded more since there unlikely to get higher exp normally by using using the exploit due to being afk. First time I think 343i poorly thought this through and if my 'fire-team' 2nd player is afk then I'm basically punished with less exp since I can't support a team member who is afk. I really hope people going afk get long term bans.
Have they said they're going to implement bans for AFK players in the future? AFKing has been allowed in MCC since it launched back in 2015, so unless 343 have stated they're going to implement bans, I don't see it happening.
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Have they said they're going to implement bans for AFK players in the future? AFKing has been allowed in MCC since it launched back in 2015, so unless 343 have stated they're going to implement bans, I don't see it happening.
Yeah they said they are working to ban this behavior and/or reset XP gained. AFKing has become much worse since the introduction of Reach and the progression system...before the update there was no reason to AFK because you literally received nothing for playing.
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Not sure yet. I don't think officially AFK players are ever meant to be allowed, it certainly should be ban-able in competitive modes like 'Invasion' ranked where this type of behaviour can make ranking up near impossible to rank up when gamers are trying to enjoy the online with friends or alone in matchmaking while helping randomers. Plus in this state players can get de-ranked due to afk players ruining everyone's gaming experience and it encourages mass spawn killing in invasion.

I've literally got tired of it....last game I played I had 1 player who was afk a majority of the match and yet limited their betrayals near the end to avoid being booted and then pretended the player was active at the end despite doing nothing 3/4 of the game. Some players think they can get away with the behaviour and yet had to report, record players doing this time of thing, yet some think they think there immune to getting banned. Sadly this type of behaviour seems to have become more common since the Reach update because I rarely see players now who aren't afk or quitting at the start. Quit/AFK penalty's need to be more common if this continues.

It just seems strange that we have a 'sleep timer' on the lobby screen and yet I've yet to see a single player get kicked for doing the same while in the game itself. Heck even Halo 5 seems to have a better boot system at the moment for these type of players.
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Not sure yet. I don't think officially AFK players are ever meant to be allowed, it certainly should be ban-able in competitive modes like 'Invasion' ranked where this type of behaviour can make ranking up near impossible to rank up when gamers are trying to enjoy the online with friends or alone in matchmaking while helping randomers. Plus in this state players can get de-ranked due to afk players ruining everyone's gaming experience and it encourages mass spawn killing in invasion.

I've literally got tired of it....last game I played I had 1 player who was afk a majority of the match and yet limited their betrayals near the end to avoid being booted and then pretended the player was active at the end despite doing nothing 3/4 of the game. Some players think they can get away with the behaviour and yet had to report, record players doing this time of thing, yet some think they think there immune to getting banned. Sadly this type of behaviour seems to have become more common since the Reach update because I rarely see players now who aren't afk or quitting at the start. Quit/AFK penalty's need to be more common if this continues.

It just seems strange that we have a 'sleep timer' on the lobby screen and yet I've yet to see a single player get kicked for doing the same while in the game itself. Heck even Halo 5 seems to have a better boot system at the moment for these type of players.
Yeah, you can only get kicked for inactivity in the lobby, not in actual matches.
qlimm wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Yeah they said they are working to ban this behavior and/or reset XP gained. AFKing has become much worse since the introduction of Reach and the progression system...before the update there was no reason to AFK because you literally received nothing for playing.
I haven't noticed the AFKing get any worse since Reach came out. Even back when I just played H3 BTB there would usually be around 5/16 players AFK even though they gained nothing from it.
The only effective solution I can think of is a timer. If the game doesn't detect any movement from the player then you get kicked from the game. However, rubber banding defeats this 😣 It looks like that no matter what 343i do, players will always find a way to cheat the system.
x N7 117 x wrote:
The only effective solution I can think of is a timer. If the game doesn't detect any movement from the player then you get kicked from the game. However, rubber banding defeats this 😣 It looks like that no matter what 343i do, players will always find a way to cheat the system.
No, they have this issue solved in Halo 5. In H5 there needs to be different controller inputs within a set amount of time. So if your controller is just holding down the right stick to the side, that doesn't count as playing. It works great in H5 and solves all of the problems.
I like how the third point in the tweet claims double the fun just because they couldn't think of a proper third point. Despite the fact that it doesn't change the fun (gameplay) part of the game.
Really it's double the sense of pride and accomplishment, for people who know how to go kill farming without a single care for their w/l. Feels like slayer is the only mode I can queue solo and expect all 7 other players to work toward the goal. Maybe competitive too but it's hardly beaming with variation.
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Yeah, you can only get kicked for inactivity in the lobby, not in actual matches.
qlimm wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
I haven't noticed the AFKing get any worse since Reach came out. Even back when I just played H3 BTB there would usually be around 5/16 players AFK even though they gained nothing from it.
Yeh things need to change. If there cheating this much then they need temporary ban's from online, have all their unlocks resets, forced to start again in maybe something like 2 weeks to 1 month.

I guess you're more lucky...I have 2/3 games where I have mostly afk or player quitters. Serious penalties should return. Not seeing the point of improving ranks if players like this are ruining it for everyone also BTB has no ranked so it's not as if it effects the 1:50 but it does get annoying when players are basically spawn trapping on bigger maps...I can sort of tolerate in griffballs since there at times I can counter but big modes like Invasion/BTB take the fun out of the game when players exp boost or quit early.
I wish they would make this all week. Some of us have to work weekends.
Anyone feel like the new exp system is like halo 3, in the sense that you have a set exp after each match. In halo 3 double exp got you 2 exp and in mcc you get 16k instead of 8k.
DoubleSama wrote:
ouv wrote:
Jaeger0767 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
It isn't in Grifball, it is in Swat from what I've seen
I haven't tried swat to see if double xp is working but sometimes it is in H2C slayer
Wait, I can rank up in games other than Reach? Since the ranks unlock things in Reach, I assumed I could only play Reach
Yeah any game you can rank up in!!!
DoubleSama wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
No, they have this issue solved in Halo 5. In H5 there needs to be different controller inputs within a set amount of time. So if your controller is just holding down the right stick to the side, that doesn't count as playing. It works great in H5 and solves all of the problems.
I'm going to be totally honest, I never realised that system was in place. You are right, though. That system would solve all issues.
Yeah something is wrong with when you get 8k and 16k. 343 pls
Is double xp in firefight or just multiplayer?
II really haven't been having any issues not getting the Double XP in Big Team Battles
Cygnatt wrote:
II really haven't been having any issues not getting the Double XP in Big Team Battles
BTB has been working out for me pretty well so far. A couple of matches didn't register, but 4v4 felt like every match wasn't counting for double XP yesterday.
GaucheBuss wrote:
I have been playing griff ball and i get 32k a match. Max kills at 20 and max out teamwork if you have ppl to work with in The match like i do. It is in griffball.
How would you max out teamwork?
It's kind of stupid really because sometimes I only get the 8000 xp instead of the double 16000 xp. But it's good just need to fix that because when you think of how much xp you are losing then it's a lot of xp lost.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3