Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] downloading latest data

OP Ka0tikSh0t7327

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I haven't played in about 2 months and finally decided to give this game a try again, but every time I try playing multiplayer it's has the screen that says " downloading the latest matchmaking data " well it just stays stuck there forever. Anyone else having this problem, or have a solution? I hard booted and everything... no luck.
Don't cancel it. It only takes a minute.
It happened to me today, their servers are going through something right now apparently. But i managed to overpass that by signing out of my profile and restarting the game,.
I haven't played in about 2 months and finally decided to give this game a try again, but every time I try playing multiplayer it's has the screen that says " downloading the latest matchmaking data " well it just stays stuck there forever. Anyone else having this problem, or have a solution? I hard booted and everything... no luck.
Any luck? I posted a comment in one of the stickies, but I had the same problems. Go into Settings and then Network. Test the Multiplayer Connection. If that come up with an error, check back on the Network Settings screen and make sure your NAT is set to "Open" and not "Strict". If it is set to "Strict", choose the "Go Offline" option and then reconnect and see if that sets it back to Open. This is what solved my problem. Good luck.
This happened to me last night and I gave up after about a hour. Ill try Shifty Hobbits fix and see if it helps me out.
Mine only took a few minutes. Huh.
I think part of the problem is an XBL issue. They have a service alert for accessing cloud data and joining online games across any game.
Mine took a minute and getting the message but my game keep freezing while loading into the game, this never happen to me before.
This is happening to me too. It finished downloading data then 5 seconds into my first game if froze and crashed. Had to go through downloading data again and the very next game froze right away...
Just got the game yesterday and the problem is still here please someone help me
I'm having this problem too. I've restarted my xbox and the game multiple times, but it just stays stuck on the downloading latest data screen.
It's another random bug to deal with.

I've found if you just restart the game, it tends to go away.

Or...if you're patient, give it about 5 minutes and don't cancel it.
I didn't play for like 2 months, and now I am sitting at the "downloading latest data" screen...been sitting here for like 10 min at least...NAT settings set to open, multiplayer test checked out. Suggestions?
I let it go for over 3 hours and still hasn't finished
This happens to me every time i turn my xbox back on for the first time to play mcc, when it shows i just cancel it and keep trying eventually it just goes away, definitely bugged.
Still a problem to be fixed in May. Never had this problem and now I can't get past "downloading las test data" bs... Been almost an hour just sitting and waiting.
I hit cancel and kept playing.
I have tried everything that i have found on the internet besides uninstall halo mcc, and it sits there for hours saying "downloading latest data". please fix halo... again.
I have tried everything that i have found on the internet besides uninstall halo mcc, and it sits there for hours saying "downloading latest data". please fix halo... again.
We are in the same boat. I was told to delete and re install.
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one facing this problem. So I just loggedoff and back in going to see if that works, if not I'll check my network, but if other games work fine online then so should this one right? Anyways if anyone found anything out please share thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3