Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

EAC now supports Proton, 343i needs to enable it

OP Chupathingy5264

Directly from Epic Games

Halo MCC is a Gold title on ProtonDB, the only thing holding it back from Platinum is the fact that EAC, up until now, did not support Proton/WINE and tripped up on it.
Aside from anti-cheat, MCC on Linux is a really great experience and in 3 months I'm looking forward to FINALLY play Halo on a handheld "console".
All 343 has to do is tick a single box on the EAC dev portal. That's it. One single checkbox.

Make it happen.
Check. The. Box.
If it doesn't happen with Season 8's release then it will probably not happen.
The game is going to continue to be supported into the next year. The team is also still working on fulfilling old promised features.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=6#post106Check the 3-parter posted on September 24, 2021. I'm actually pretty hopeful but the bad news is yet again that it's going to take a long, long time.

To defend 343i a wee bit, they're going to have to run it through quality control. They may also delay giving it the green light if they have to also run tests of new builds on Linux systems and if that is too much of a time sink. I'm still totally in favor of making it happen but the public release of the Steam Deck is probably the bigger motivator and that is still a ways away.
Directly from Epic Games

Halo MCC is a Gold title on ProtonDB, the only thing holding it back from Platinum is the fact that EAC, up until now, did not support Proton/WINE and tripped up on it.
Aside from anti-cheat, MCC on Linux is a really great experience and in 3 months I'm looking forward to FINALLY play Halo on a handheld "console".
All 343 has to do is tick a single box on the EAC dev portal. That's it. One single checkbox.

Make it happen.
Check. The. Box.
Please, Please, PLEASE enable this, 343! Both for the sake of Steam Deck support and Linux desktop gamers!
I'd figure it's only a matter of time since seems Phil Spencer was playing Halo on the Steam Deck but rather download and play it on the Steam Deck. Sadly won't be able to try it out till next year.
The game is going to continue to be supported into the next year. The team is also still working on fulfilling old promised features.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=6#post106Check the 3-parter posted on September 24, 2021. I'm actually pretty hopeful but the bad news is yet again that it's going to take a long, long time.

To defend 343i a wee bit, they're going to have to run it through quality control. They may also delay giving it the green light if they have to also run tests of new builds on Linux systems and if that is too much of a time sink. I'm still totally in favor of making it happen but the public release of the Steam Deck is probably the bigger motivator and that is still a ways away.
The neat thing with Proton is that devs doesn't have to do anything to make it run on Proton (other than enabling AC for it). It's not porting it to Linux, Linux does that for you.
I understand if they are skeptical that it's gonna work since Proton is another layer that may interfere with EAC, but if they see a spike of cheaters disabling it is just as easy as enabling it.