1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
anyone know when the update is expected to be released?
I'm going to guess early 2019 by the time everything is all said and done.
The soft-ETA for the update is sometime later this summer, but it's important to stress that the project is focused on quality above all else, and may need longer to iron everything out before making it to the retail version.

This was detailed in the most recent MCC Development Update:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-3
The first patch is scheduled for summer currently but is subject to possible delay based on the Flight programs. Additional patches will follow later on.
First major update as well a x support and all that this summer, whatever that means.

I'd rather them just send it when it' done rather then try getting it out by a specific time.
It's being beta tested among users who signed up for the beta. No definite date has been given.
Yeah, sometime during Summer (Winter for me). I like that it's not a set date, allows for better quality.
no estimated time
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
Ospiri wrote:
Yeah, sometime during Summer (Winter for me). I like that it's not a set date, allows for better quality.
Negative, no set date means they really arent sure if it will even be completed
This is so wrong. The reason there is no set date is they don't want to release the patches early with bugs in them. What's better a rushed product or a product that works great.
Ospiri wrote:
It means exactly as they've said already - it's quality over quick release. It will be done when it's done, that's why we have the flighting program in place now. To go through everything and make sure it's good enough to be released to the general public
Ospiri wrote:
This is so wrong. The reason there is no set date is they don't want to release the patches early with bugs in them. What's better a rushed product or a product that works great.
Exactly, I'll take something that works great, not something rushed by an unreasonable deadline.
I wish theyd give us a date or month and just say that date may change, atleast give us an idea
I wish theyd give us a date or month and just say that date may change, atleast give us an idea
There's no reason to yet because it isn't going to be one patch. The first patch is going to be releasing the summer. Also they don't want to set a date in case some major bug pops up of a sudden. We're past the worst of the waiting game since the Flight programs have begun.
If they announce a set date/month and had to change it, then an all new backlash would start. They don't need that crap. 343i is going about it in a vague, yet smart way. Hell, flighting only just started, give it time.
Ospiri wrote:
I totally agree. If anybody had any background knowledge of the original games, back when Bungie ran it all Halo CE and Halo 2 both had set dates which almost made them a huge miss in the gaming market. They didn’t have enough time to do the game fully properly because of the set date the Xbox had. no set date will allow for better quality even if it takes a year. I hope it comes out amazing because it will happen
Ospiri wrote:
doesnt take 4 years to fix spawns, pw timers and party matching
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts or inappropriate comments
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2