Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hey All,

With the new end user license agreement (EULA) rolling out, we have a FAQ that answers many questions relating to it. However, we expect that there are ones we didn't think of that y'all want answered. If you have questions relating to it, please don't hesitate to ask them below and we will work to get answers for the top ones in this thread!

Cheers,
Postums
Hey hope you stay healthy brothers! so.
Any progress to the promise of "Every Halo will have split-screen again" specially in MCC..

Got a lots of folks waithing for that but theres no many people online asking, cause they have gone to other games just for that.

Peace!
So happy MCC is getting mod support as it should lengthen the life span of the game. Can't wait to see what crazy things people come up with as this becomes more refined later down the road.
While the FAQ did state clearly it’s current stance on certain things, I have a question about the future. Will modders always be limited to MCC assets/custom assets, or is there a possibility for the EULA to allow Halo assets not found in MCC to be imported in the future, such as those created by the defunct Ensemble Studios (whose assets are now 100% Microsoft property iirc)?
Will the console version of mcc have mod support.
BTR Z3R0 wrote:
Any progress to the promise of "Every Halo will have split-screen again"...
Please use the split screen discussion thread for this thanks, this thread is for feedback on the EULA FAQ
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-pc-splitscreen-discussion-thread/44b47b49-fafc-4ee9-8ac8-b0cc99052d57/posts
What happen if I wanna play a modded map and play Custom Games with friend in a session. The other player will need the mod or gonna be an automatic download?
Regarding the "Content" section of the EULA:

"If you make any content available on or through our Game, you agree to give us permission to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, and publicly display that content. This permission is irrevocable, and you also agree to let us permit other people to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, and publicly display your content . You are not giving up your ownership rights in your content, you are just giving us and other users permission to use it"

Does this lines in bold prevent mod authors from limiting who is allowed to download their mods, or prevent a mod author from disallowing others from making derivative mods? Or put another way, does it allow users to make derivative mods of existing mods or to download/distribute existing mods?

A problem some other modding scenes for other games have is some authors not allowing other modders to use or adapt their content for derivative mods, or removing download links to mods they have made in the past and going after people who try to download it. It would be great if the EULA here was preventing those things from happening, so derivative mods are allowed (though requiring credit would be reasonable) and once a mod is published, the original author doesn't have a right to prevent others from downloading it/taking down download links.

If this section is NOT establishing that, then I think you all should consider a section that at least allows derivative mods as long as credit is given.

While the FAQ did state clearly it’s current stance on certain things, I have a question about the future. Will modders always be limited to MCC assets/custom assets, or is there a possibility for the EULA to allow Halo assets not found in MCC to be imported in the future, such as those created by the defunct Ensemble Studios (whose assets are now 100% Microsoft property iirc)?
This is also something I am interested in.

While it makes sense that 343i, Microsoft, etc can't allow mods using content from other IP's and franchises in the EULA, the fact that content from other Halo products and titles not in MCC, or past flights, cannot be used for modded content seems needlessly restrictive. Especially since MCC already makes use of some Halo Online maps and assets, yet using other H:O assets wouldn't be permitted.
Is mod support coming to xbox consoles ? (Current or next Gen)

I tinkered around with mods on my PC before it broke, made some good AI Custom missions using Invasion Gametype and a AI Mod

Unfortunately I had to wipe everything and only have a series X I would love to make new content with New tools on Console
i know this question haves nothing to do with the eula but will there be a time where the mcc menu will see custom maps instead of renaming existing maps ?
i know this question haves nothing to do with the eula but will there be a time where the mcc menu will see custom maps instead of renaming existing maps ?
If you know it's not a question meant for this thread, please don't post it here. You can make a new topic if one doesn't already exist
Will the console version of mcc have mod support.
Came here to ask the same question
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
In regards to the tools, are we going to be able to make fully custom maps for all of the games included in MCC or are there some games that aren't able to get tools of that caliber?
Skyrim has a system for mods working on PC and Xbox, please look in that direction a bit so everyone can enjoy modded content in the future. Also if possible it would be a good idea to connect the fileshare system with steam workshop so forged content and mods can be shared easily with the whole commuity
Skyrim has a system for mods working on PC and Xbox, please look in that direction a bit so everyone can enjoy modded content in the future. Also if possible it would be a good idea to connect the fileshare system with steam workshop so forged content and mods can be shared easily with the whole commuity
I agree 100%
Since mod support is officially upcoming, is it allowed to link mods/modding tools for recommendational and instructional purposes here?
when is modding coming to xbox
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3