Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Why is Halo 3 multiplayer so heavily weighted towards Heretic map? Need more variety of maps. What forum should I ask this?
Use the Feedback thread for this
Quote:
Can content from older builds of the game be re-used/added back?
As outlined above, any content that is part of the released version of MCC can be used in modding.
Can someone clarify this statement? Is this a "yes"? There's a section of the community that thinks this means only content from the currently released version of MCC can be used in modding. Is that the case? Or is this verbiage just meant to further delineate between "flight content that's never been in an officially released build" vs "officially released content (at any point even if now removed)"?

Could the answer be something like:
Quote:
As outlined above, any content that is part of any non-flight released version of MCC can be used in modding.
Or in other words, is it correct to state that everything from any build of MCC can be used for modding, the only exception being flight-exclusive content?
Quote:
As outlined above, any content that is part of the released version of MCC can be used in modding.
Can someone clarify this statement? Is this a "yes"? There's a section of the community that thinks this means only content from the currently released version of MCC can be used in modding. Is that the case? Or is this verbiage just meant to further delineate between "flight content that's never been in an officially released build" vs "officially released content (at any point even if now removed)"?

Quote:
As outlined above, any content that is part of any non-flight released version of MCC can be used in modding.
Or in other words, is it correct to state that everything from any build of MCC can be used for modding, the only exception being flight-exclusive content?
It means you can only use which is in current version of mcc. If something is cut content or was in a flight but didn’t make it into a game you cant use it
Quote:

Quote:
It means you can only use which is in current version of mcc. If something is cut content or was in a flight but didn’t make it into a game you cant use it
Thanks for responding, but given the confusion about this wording in several areas of the community right now, I'd like to hear from an official source. Your interpretation of it is just as good as mine or anyone else's outside of 343. The way they've written it allows it to be interpreted either way.

The terminology they've used is not explicit and is not sufficient to clearly communicate their intent. All non-flight versions of MCC are a "released version". We have no way to objectively know that their statement refers to the "currently released version" only. The word "version" doesn't necessarily refer to the time period, it may (and I believe does in this context) refer to public vs flight. They also say "as outlined above", and within context, "released version" must mean "non-flight version" imo. This does not logically/semantically exclude past released versions of MCC, it only excludes flight versions. And this makes sense from a legal standpoint to exclude content from flights for modding. If they truly mean "currently released version", then an official source needs to clarify this. And also, if this is the case, this would mean that anyone who's released a mod would have to manually check their mods every time MCC updates to ensure that every asset they've used is still within the currently released version of MCC, which doesn't sound fun.

Or to state things another way, there are three categories of MCC in the scope of this discussion: 1: "currently released version" (or the "latest" version), 2: "past released versions", and 3: "flight versions", which are for all intents and purposes "unreleased versions". Their terminology only excludes the third category of "flight versions" or "unreleased versions". It does not exclude the first or second category, as they are both a form of "released version". And most people would think that "past released versions" are a subset of the "currently released version", but that is not the case. Some updates have removed content that was previously in released versions of MCC as per my understanding, so this is an important and needed distinction. No one outside of 343 can objectively say what their statement actually means yet, myself included.

Sorry for being verbose with this. We just need an adverb or something added to the FAQ, plz 343 can I haz adverb? ;_;
I have few questions related to the hierarchy of the different documents.
  1. In the case of conflicting statements between the Microsoft Terms of Use, Community Standards for Xbox, Microsoft Trademark & Brand Guidelines, Microsoft Privacy Statement Privacy Statement and HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT. How is hierarchy between these documents and which document takes the precedence?
  2. In the case of conflicting statements between the different translations of the HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, which document takes the precedence?
Skyrim has a system for mods working on PC and Xbox, please look in that direction a bit so everyone can enjoy modded content in the future. Also if possible it would be a good idea to connect the fileshare system with steam workshop so forged content and mods can be shared easily with the whole commuity
That is definitely not how it works- it works on Skyrim/Fallout specifically because those games were engineered for modding in the first place. They were basically designed to be a platform for modding. The Halo games? Very much not so. I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE, but what I'm saying is that Skyrim is a VERY special case. Games don't all work the same way, my friend.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Rn they have no intention of doing this.
Since mod support is officially upcoming, is it allowed to link mods/modding tools for recommendational and instructional purposes here?
Can someone pls answer my question?
Can we have a modding thread here on waypoint with instructions on how to mod and what tools to use, recommendations of existing mods with a link to said mod on an exernal hosting site (e.g nexusmods, github), etc?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2