Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Every challenge resets to 0 on game restart.

OP Lange

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
same, why release a broken system
Same here, almost had a golden Assault Rifle and Sniper, as well as the acrophobia skull challenge finished. Not sure if I want to even bother until this gets fixed.
It said i had 0, but after playing a match it went back up for me
Uh... Is anyone else getting a random 60,000 XP after a couple of matches? I'm not completing anything those matches but its happend twice now. It is being earned under the challenge portion of XP at the end of a match.
Did you play PvP? Or were you able to just play a campaign or firefight match?
Same here. Also it looks like some challenges aren't tracking either. I got over 100 pistol kills yet its still saying I'm at 0
Did you play PvP? Or were you able to just play a campaign or firefight match?
I did PvP and then after the match the "Play 5 social games" notification came up saying I had 4/5 even tho when I looked at the beginning of the game it said 0/5. I haven't tried campaign or FF yet. But I will soon because I want the acrophobia skull before the timer runs out.
Also having this issue. Challenges that I am in the process of completing are resetting to 0 whenever I exit the game. Hope this disheartening issue is addressed and fixed soon.
Try to get an easy challenge one game away from completion close the game and launch it again. If it resets to 0 try to complete the last objective needed and see if it completes. If it does then we know its just not showing the progress correctly.
Regice554 wrote:
Ok I think someone has already said this, but I think it's a tracking bug, because my challenges got completed. It said I needed 2 more games still but it still unlocked and gave me exp and the point to spend.
It might vary from person to person or from challenge to challenge. My progress for one of the challenges for killing X number of enemies with UNSC weapons(I forget the name at the moment). I was about halfway done with the challenge before it reset. When I fired the game back up, I truly had to start back from 0. It tracked them correctly from 0 until completion as long as I didn't turn off the game again.

Also, the PVP challenges for completing a few competitive or social multiplayer games or for winning matchmade games definitely aren't working at all for me. The challenges require a small number of games, so it's easy to track yourself. I've completed and won more than enough games for all 3 of those challenges today. But, they're still locked and didn't award me any season points or XP.
Willko wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Ok I think someone has already said this, but I think it's a tracking bug, because my challenges got completed. It said I needed 2 more games still but it still unlocked and gave me exp and the point to spend.
It might vary from person to person or from challenge to challenge. My progress for one of the challenges for killing X number of enemies with UNSC weapons(I forget the name at the moment). I was about halfway done with the challenge before it reset. When I fired the game back up, I truly had to start back from 0. It tracked them correctly from 0 until completion as long as I didn't turn off the game again.

Also, the PVP challenges for completing a few competitive or social multiplayer games or for winning matchmade games definitely aren't working at all for me. The challenges require a small number of games, so it's easy to track yourself. I've completed and won more than enough games for all 3 of those challenges today. But, they're still locked and didn't award me any season points or XP.
I noticed while going for the PvP challenges, wins in CE and H2A mp weren't tracked by the challenge. I had to exclude them from my search parameters to get maps where the wins would count towards the challenge. I was on 4/7, then got 3 wins in CE and it was still on 4/7. Later, I was on 6/7 and won in H2A, but tracking was still at 6/7.
Willko wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

Same here. All my seasonal challenges that weren’t finished were completely reset.
GsG91990 wrote:
Same here. Reseted all not finished challenges. Luckily I was not far in yet.

Edit: After I played one game every challenge progress from before is back again. So this is not an issue for me anymore.
Yeah that is what I thought. My it's coming and going. Staying. Restarting.
Yep, same thing happened on my end, was close to getting the 25 completed match-made games challenge done and when I restarted my console it put my challenges back to 0, was super frustrating, hopefully this get's kinked out soon.
Did 343i fix this? I haven't experienced anything like it. My progress was still there when I restarted the game.
Did 343i fix this? I haven't experienced anything like it. My progress was still there when I restarted the game.
It must be happening for some and not others. I don't get the reset, but the PVE challenges to play a certain amount of social and ranked games aren't registering.
It must be happening for some and not others. I don't get the reset, but the PVE challenges to play a certain amount of social and ranked games aren't registering.
Yeah, that has been happening to me. I had to play seven games instead of five. I'm not too bothered about those not registering half the time, to be honest xD
Happened to me too. Guess I’ll just have to leave my xbox on and hope it dont overheat.
I am loving the challenge system so far. I want to test this theory that my progress will reset to zero if I turn my game off but then again I really don't want to test it... But I guess it's best to test it early rather than after I have a lot built up....

So I turned off my xbox... Even unplugged it... And it looks like progress does re-set ☹️. Now my completed challenges were still complete and my two season points were still there and xp gained was there.. But looks like the rest re-set .... For example I had 3 of 7 for winner is served and now I have 0 of 7... They're all I need is now 0 of 100.... Pretty disappointing bug.
I doesn't reset it just shows 0 until you continue the challenge. For the win 7 games when I got on today it was 0 then I won a game and it went up to 5.

update: For me it seems that challenges that reward season points progress will save but challenges that just reward xp will reset.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9