Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Everyone enjoying reliving the experience?

OP iiMxAres

I know this game was the reason I got back into gaming. Since the MC collection was announced I have been at the edge of my seat. Now installing it I'm already having flashbacks to when I first popped in Halo CE and played on the original X-Box. How were your experiences leading up to this game? How are your experiences playing through the Master Chiefs historic and revolutionary story again?
I'm looking forward to playing as soon as the update finishes.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm just dabbling with campaign but so far I'm impressed with the Halo 2 Anniversary. Just finished the Arbiter on normal and definitely a lot of nostalgia from when I first played it back when the original Halo 2 shipped. Despite the technical issues they are having with multiplayer so far I have enjoyed every game I have got into. The gameplay feels nice on the Microsoft servers @ 60 fps.
I'm having an awesome time. I've played a mission or two in each of the campaigns and I'm loving it. Especially H2A, the graphics are great and the cutscenes are awesome.

of course, I don't play multiplayer that often... After reading all the complaints on here I did try to join matchmaking but alas it's not working for me either. Hopefully 343 gets it worked out soon.In the meantime I would say to all the people having trouble, enjoy some H2A campaign while it gets worked out.
I still have my original xbox, I have 4 copies of halo 1. I got 2 for 1 pound each. I found my original one I had when I younger and I have the halo combat evolved anniversary if that counts
Can't play mm for multiple reasons. Tried to play H2:A campaign but the audio for the cutscenes is bugged (voices are either low volume or completely mute). Can't even join my friend in a party.

Not really sure what to do. Run around in forge? Can't say I am thrilled with this "experience" so far.
I do hope they fix this
I pre ordered it and now they've changed delivery date to the 14 :( highly disappointed with the carrier
Dont get your hopes up. 343 screwed the pooch again
I see you posting all this negative -Yoink- while this game still need some kinks ironed out it's not as bad as you seem to say all over.
and by you're track record you' never played halo properly at all so why don't you just play the originals fist before bashing here.
I let my GF play H2A, Cairo Station - got sick of waiting for matchmaking to start working. 2 hours in and she only made it up to the boarding party. It was on easy. She isn't a gamer. The expletives and gestures spewing forth were funny as hell. She eventually rage quit asking me how I could enjoy something like this. I do remember being that bad though, Halo: CE, trying to wrap my tiny girl hands around the original Duke controller. Pretty sure I rage quit too back then.
So far my experience Boy am I bad at halo 2. Don't remember being this useless
Nope - this is nothing like the experience of the Halo 2 launch. The experience I had 10 years ago involved software that WORKED. This is just abysmal.
Finally got my 1st match. 3v2 team slayer. Had my -Yoink- handed to me, just like the old days.
Loving it and couldn't be happier :)
Hell yea
Played the first two missions on Halo CEA and am loving that 1080p 60fps goodness! Haven't tried multiplayer, but it sounds like most people are having problems. Good thing I play Halo for the campaign experience!
Reminds me of my experience with H2V so far.

As in not good at all. It did get better, but by then it was too late for most people.
Can't play mm for multiple reasons. Tried to play H2:A campaign but the audio for the cutscenes is bugged (voices are either low volume or completely mute). Can't even join my friend in a party.

Not really sure what to do. Run around in forge? Can't say I am thrilled with this "experience" so far.
Go into your xbox settings for sound and change it from 7.1 surround to stereo and it should fix the cut-scene issue.
Been playing advanced warfare for the past week. Laggy as all hell. Played a H2A and a H2C slayer this morning. Silky smooth. Im super happy :)